Makeup 4: Makeup Shotgun Edition

Xray the Enforcer

Every Woman's Nightmare

Continued from the last thread...

Nothing new to report, except that I've been loving the Tokyo duo shadow from Nars. Super-subtle, and it's easy to apply so I can be lazy and still look halfway decent.

Anyone really love their hand cream? Winter is doing a number on my poor hands. :(

Oh, same here. I need a hand cream that doesn't make me all greasy and gross, but this time of year, my hands crack and bleed. :(

Okay - I am on a Clinique Black Honey tear. Seriously - this color is amazing, amazing, amazing. I started wearing the lipstick, eyeliner, and shadow. I've had five different people (I'm not kidding) tell me a. I've lost weight, b. I look better than I did before breast cancer struck, c. I look like a teenager, (this person was probably high and should be disregarded, unless they're as blind as I am, but I'm counting it. :D ) and d. that I glow. I hope this person meant in a radiant, non-radioactive, mutating way.

I am probably going to paint myself with Black Honey crap. I will report back on my results.

Also, the Black Honey nail polish by Clinique lasts WAAAAAAY longer than Deborah Lippman's dreamy but chippy "Rolling in the Deep".

I generally just use Neutrogena's hand lotion in the winter. I find it works pretty well for me. I just apply it once a day at night when I get in bed - that way it has a good chunk of time go by for it to get absorbed before my hands get exposed to the elements or water. As long as I use this in the winter my hands never get dry or chapped.

I generally just use Neutrogena's hand lotion in the winter. I find it works pretty well for me. I just apply it once a day at night when I get in bed - that way it has a good chunk of time go by for it to get absorbed before my hands get exposed to the elements or water. As long as I use this in the winter my hands never get dry or chapped.

I do this as well with the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula. If they were really bad I used to wear socks over my slicked up hands (haven't done this in a long time, how to explain to my husband? ) while I slept. Between the latex and nitrile gloves at work, obsessive hand washing, dishes and general cleaning, my hands are chapped year round. I like Burt's Bees Ultimate Hand Care and Aveeno Skin Strengthening Hand Cream (just put some on here at my desk) for during the day to calm them. I think I'm going to invest in some Yu-Be cream and see how that goes.

Oh, same here. I need a hand cream that doesn't make me all greasy and gross, but this time of year, my hands crack and bleed. :(

Okay - I am on a Clinique Black Honey tear. Seriously - this color is amazing, amazing, amazing. I started wearing the lipstick, eyeliner, and shadow. I've had five different people (I'm not kidding) tell me a. I've lost weight, b. I look better than I did before breast cancer struck, c. I look like a teenager, (this person was probably high and should be disregarded, unless they're as blind as I am, but I'm counting it. :D ) and d. that I glow. I hope this person meant in a radiant, non-radioactive, mutating way.

I am probably going to paint myself with Black Honey crap. I will report back on my results.

Also, the Black Honey nail polish by Clinique lasts WAAAAAAY longer than Deborah Lippman's dreamy but chippy "Rolling in the Deep".

Oh, I want that! And I am sure all the complements were honest and heart felt :love:

@ES: I want to bathe in that stuff. :P

Has anyone else tried that dab of iridescent highlighter at the inside corner of the eye trick? I swear it wakes up your eyes something fierce.

I've completely abandoned the expensive Lancôme foundation in favor of an Almay mousse. My face seems to like it much better.

@ES: I want to bathe in that stuff. :P

Has anyone else tried that dab of iridescent highlighter at the inside corner of the eye trick? I swear it wakes up your eyes something fierce.

I've completely abandoned the expensive Lancôme foundation in favor of an Almay mousse. My face seems to like it much better.

Yes! It is a Must Do in the whole make-up routine now! (When I fucking bother).

Also works with any pearl-y white/beige/gold eyeshadow too!

Can you get a cream specifically for eczema? I have hand eczema and use creams like Diprobase. Some you can replace soap with, so every time I wash my hands, I was them again with the cream. My steroid cream is for when it's really bad, and only needs to be applied once or twice to stop the cracking.

I get mine from the pharmacy, either on prescription or just over the counter, depends on what's cheaper :P

I thought this thread was titled "Makeup Shogun" and I thought that sounded like fun.

:ninja:

Love it.

LN: I bought some of the Neutrogena hand cream (fragrance free) and it's awesome. It's not the lotion (at the time, I had forgotten if you recommended the cream or lotion and just opted for the most moisturizing of the available options), and my hands are really nice and soft this AM. Thank you for the recommendation!

I love Tokyo I think that's the one I wore to my wedding.

On the hand cream front I love Hand Food by soap and glory but I'm not sure if you can get it in the states. It's super moisturising and not greasy.

N

Hmm..the Neutrogena hand cream is not enough for my cracked hands. I've recently discovered Kiehl's ultimate strength hand salve. It's a miracle worker!

It's funny how things will work for one person and not for another. I've had nothing but bad experiences with Kiehl's products, including the hand salve. But that's what's so great about this thread -- hearing the different experiences people have with products.

Chaldanya -- looks like Sephora near my office carries it, so next time I'm in there I'll give that stuff a whirl. :)

LN: I bought some of the Neutrogena hand cream (fragrance free) and it's awesome. It's not the lotion (at the time, I had forgotten if you recommended the cream or lotion and just opted for the most moisturizing of the available options), and my hands are really nice and soft this AM. Thank you for the recommendation!

I'm glad it is off to a good start! I've also always just looked for the one that was most intensive concentrated moisturizing...I don't think I've ever noticed if it was lotion or cream, now I'm going to check.

It is funny how different lotions/creams work for different people and for different parts of the body. I use the Neutrogena on my hands in the winter but have to use Curel on my shins - they get crazy dry in the winter and its the only thing that works.

It's funny how things will work for one person and not for another. I've had nothing but bad experiences with Kiehl's products, including the hand salve. But that's what's so great about this thread -- hearing the different experiences people have with products.

Chaldanya -- looks like Sephora near my office carries it, so next time I'm in there I'll give that stuff a whirl. :)

Oh, definitely. It's weird. My skin hates Clinique, but it seems that most people lovethe brand.

Thank goodness there are a gazillion brands to choose from :)

I'm going shopping tomorrow and I've decided to once again say goodbye to the blonde-y locks and go back to dark hair. I really loved a deep red I had before, but I cannot for the life of me remember what dye I used. I've kept this hair colour for about 18 months now, it's time for a change again :P

• 2 weeks later...

Dry shampoo: I am just not very good at it. But I think the issue is more about not showering this morning. I did before bed last night. I suppose I need a shower cap to really give this dry shampoo a full try. But I just feel gross for now.

I am very much a shower/blow dry in the morning kind of person.

My hair has been so dry lately so I've been trying to switch to washing it every other day. I've been using the Not Your Mothers dry shampoo and I love it. I'm a shower and blow dry every morning person too. So I still shower and twist my hair up under a cap, then spray the dry shampoo stuff on it and run my blow dryer over it for a few minutes to freshen it up. It usually styles pretty easily then and I don't feel gross (which I know us just a mental thing on my part).

I bought some homemade shampoo last week that's all natural and made with coconut, avocado, and castor oils, vitamin E, and some other stuff I can't remember, and it was horrible. My hair was so stiff and sticky (I only used a very small amount and rinsed thoroughly, followed by conditioner, as per the directions). I was very disappointed.

Archived