Makeup 4: Makeup Shotgun Edition

Xray the Enforcer

Well I did a little bit of looking and there are a number of blogs comparing Nars vs. laura mercier tinted moisturizer. I think based on what I've read I'll stick with the mercier. I wasn't looking for a change, I'm pretty happy with it but I still like to hear about other products and how they compare.

http://www.allaboutstyle.blog.com/2012/05/02/review-nars-pure-radiant-tinted-moisturizer-vs-laura-mercier-tinted-moisturizer/

Anyone tried for the "Toddler Glow" look? Other than the stupid name it sounds interesting. I might try some of the elements together. I know I have gold eyeliner somewhere.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2600948/Can-make-trend-skin-three-year-old-FEMAIL-learns-beauty-secrets-seasons-Toddler-Glow.html

I have a question about mascara. I like using it, but I use it very lightly on both the top and the bottom. I don't like all the "volume" "length" and such, just like a bit of extra color on them to make them noticeable.

Of the common, low cost brands, which one would you recommend?

Has anyone tried Too Faced products? The ingredients in their BB cream look like they might not set my face on fire.

I've used a foundation by them before (can't remember which one) and it broke me out horribly, and I don't usually have sensitive skin. I've used their eye shadows before and liked them fine.

I have a question about mascara. I like using it, but I use it very lightly on both the top and the bottom. I don't like all the "volume" "length" and such, just like a bit of extra color on them to make them noticeable.

Of the common, low cost brands, which one would you recommend?

I like most of the Maybeline ones. Great Lash and the Falsies are my favorites.

(Sorry to double post, I'm on my phone and can't multi quote)

I like most of the Maybeline ones. Great Lash and the Falsies are my favorites.

(Sorry to double post, I'm on my phone and can't multi quote)

But going by their names, don't they promise huge dark eyelashes, especially the Falsies? This is why I am asking for advice.

I like my makeup subtle...want the eyes seen, but certainly don't want a false eyelash look.

I had used maybelline eyelights but I don't think they make it any more

But going by their names, don't they promise huge dark eyelashes, especially the Falsies? This is why I am asking for advice.

I like my makeup subtle...want the eyes seen, but certainly don't want a false eyelash look.

Oh, gosh. If any mascara could truly give me a false eyelash look, then I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of putting on false eyelashes! :lol:

I've always sworn by "Voluminous" by Loreal. Yeah, it promises to build your lashes up and make them longer, etc., etc., but you have to apply more coats to do that. Just withdraw the wand (not "pumping" it in and out of the tube) wipe off any build-up at the tip of the brush (if there is any) and apply it. Your lashes should be good to go!

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=2642

I've never gotten huge, dark eyelashes from them, but my natural ones are short and stubby so to make them look fake would take a lot of effort :lol:

Maybe try something by Almay, their stuff usually isn't very heavy IMO, and in a brown or black/brown color instead of jet black.

I'm not one for 'subtle' when it comes to....well...much of anything, I suppose. But I especially want mascara that is kind of 'falsie' looking. Right now I'm addicted to Loreal Telescopic Mascara. It's pretty amazing.

Lany - Rimmel sounds like a brand for you. I got their newest one (will have to check the name), and it just gives me a bit of colour and extension, nothing in comparison to my L'Oreal ones. I use it on days when I can't really be bothered, just nipping to the shops or something.

I can't remember where you are, but if the stores near you have any own-brand, low-cost ones (e.g. Barbara Daly at Tesco, or something like Collection 2000, which is just low-cost), you may want to try them. IIRC, Collection 2000 does a "natural" mascara range (comes in a white tube here), which might suit your needs. :)

Eta: ES, I currently use L'Oreal's butterfly effect mascara, which I love. Gives me colour, volume, and fans out my lashes. Telescopic was a bit too clumpy for me, I believe.

I haven't, mainly because I don't like to wear tonnage of product, and it always seemed to me that it takes a lot to get there. Maybe not, though, with the new lighter formulas.

Seems as though it would take a lot of practice too. The pictures I've seen of before/after look like they had to blend the HELL out of it.

I have some nail polishes from my Birchbox and a few other places that I would like to give away to a good home*. I'm unable to wear nail polish at work, don't have the patience to do my own toes and I'm just spastic when applying it. (Note: I have not painted my toes with any of these. I have opened them and made a mess of my thumbnail to see what they looked like.) It would seem a waste to just throw them away. If you would be interested in some/all send me a PM and I'll hook you up. They are all within a year old, but mostly less than that.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30218584@N03/13939997703/

*Domestic only please. From what I've read, nail polish can't be shipped via air.

I haven't, mainly because I don't like to wear tonnage of product, and it always seemed to me that it takes a lot to get there. Maybe not, though, with the new lighter formulas.

Seems as though it would take a lot of practice too. The pictures I've seen of before/after look like they had to blend the HELL out of it.

I know! My friend wants to try it for her wedding. I use 2 shades of powder, the darker one I use instead of a bronzer. I want to try a kit for fun, but I don't want to spend the money for a novelty.

I know! My friend wants to try it for her wedding. I use 2 shades of powder, the darker one I use instead of a bronzer. I want to try a kit for fun, but I don't want to spend the money for a novelty.

Contouring is too much work and it just feels...weird, somehow. Like I'm trying to make my face into someone else's. I know that's probably ridiculous.

Me! I love it, the colors are gorgeous.

I've been wanting to try Naked 3, the colors are really pretty in the box, but I worry that it would bring out the redness in my skin. I'm blonde, green eyes, fair/medium skin. Anyone have advise on this? Also, are the colors too heavy for summer?

Archived