Things I desperately want Book 6 To Explain

Acky Deshwanee

Hi all,

What do you want book 6 to explain in terms of loose ends/ unresolved polt points?

This could be fun.

In your replies, say 1) What you want explaining, 2) How you think it will be explained!

Eg, for me....

What I want explaining...

The origins of the White Walkers...

How I think it will be explained...

The White Walkers are servants of the Great Other. They are a necessary part of the equation. If they are destoryed totally then summer will last forever, which will ultimately bring an end to Westeros just as would a never-ending winter! Therefore a peace of sorts is reached, rather like that between the machines and the humans in The Matrix.

Thanks! Let me know your thoughts!

The White Walkers are servants of the Great Other. They are a necessary part of the equation. If they are destoryed totally then summer will last forever, which will ultimately bring an end to Westeros just as would a never-ending winter! Therefore a peace of sorts is reached, rather like that between the machines and the humans in The Matrix.

Thanks! Let me know your thoughts!

Who are they exactly though ?

At one point I suspected they were the children of the forest looking for revenge, but I think that theory has long been abandoned.

Even if they were servants of the Great Other, who are they ? I hardly believe their existence is defined by their role.

What is Littlefinger is really up to? Hopefully we will get some more reveals along the line of Lysa's confession not the Harry the Heir BS he comes out with.

I'm not sure we will get the full story of the white walkers until the last book. GRRM is hiding his monster.

What is Littlefinger is really up to? Hopefully we will get some more reveals along the line of Lysa's confession not the Harry the Heir BS he comes out with.

I'm not sure we will get the full story of the white walkers until the last book. GRRM is hiding his monster.

What do you think LF's game is?

What do you think LF's game is?

The gods only know what game Littlefinger is playing.

Some people think he is out for revenge but I think he is after power but he may be after power as a form of revenge. I think why he does what he does and what his final goal is can still only be guessed at.

The gods only know what game Littlefinger is playing.

Some people think he is out for revenge but I think he is after power but he may be after power as a form of revenge. I think why he does what he does and what his final goal is can still only be guessed at.

I think he is out for revenge. Specifically against the Stark familiy, due to his humiliation by Brandon. I think he's own name is foreshadowing that: Petyr Baelish. Bael, the Bard, was the King beyond the wall that kidnapped and impregnated the only heir of Brandon, the Daughterless and his son become the King of the North. Middlefinger is baelish in that he plans to impregnate Sansa and have their kid as the Lord of Winterfell. He couldn't marry Catelyn because his blood wasn't good enough, not as good as the Stark blood. What greater revenge than make the Stark blood be his own forever and ever? I think that Harry, the Hair stuff is a red herring. Or he will kill him eventually and marry Sansa himself.

We were warned that there will be a controverse Sansa chapter in TWoW. Controverse usually means sex.

I am not sure I want much revealed... I want a lot of actions to be taken.

I guess I want to know where the Blackfish is, who the hooded man in Winterfell was, and what the current agenda of the Faceless Men is. And BENJEN.

Otherwise I am content to let the rest be put out in more subtle hints.

1) Come back Benjen Stark!!!

2) Is Jon dead or not?

3) What in the seven hells is Littlefinger playing at?

4) Ditto Varys...

5) Where in the world is Rickon Stark? (Wonder if he's found Uncle Benjen?)

6) Are Brienne and Jaime doomed?

7)Is Dany ever going to invade Westeros?

8) Aegon/Young Griff, real or fake? (look, I know most people think he's a fake but i'd like confirmation on this, i wouldn't want to rule anything out at this stage.)

1) and 5 )Ok, Davos finds Rickon, Osha and Uncle Ben. They reveal some way of defeating the Others.

2)Jon's not dead. Tormund or somebody comes in at the critical moment and saves him. Melisandre doesn't roast anybody and Jon's not a zombie.

3) and 4) Littlefinger and Varys? No idea, it will be fun finding out...I personally think it would be more controversial if dear, sweet, harmless Sansa were to boot Littlefinger out of the Moondoor or kill him in a messy fashion.

6) I dunno, this rabid Jaime fan is expecting him to die, but i'd rather he died doing something worthwhile and or heroic. Sacrificing himself for Brienne would cover that, in my view, but i'd love to see Cersei's face when she finds out!

7) No idea, 50/50?

8) Like i said, i'm easy either way. I'm still trying to think of a workable alternative to J=R+L.

1) Hardhome

2) What is Skagos like - their culture, forces etc.

3) Find out more about Others - see them more frequently. And Lands of Always Winter

4) Darkstar yo!

5) Benjen Stark

6) Robb's will

7) Battle of Ice, and its outcome

8) How the North will react if Davos comes back with Rickon - and will they still support Stannis.

or 9) How the North will react if Robb's will is announced - and will they still support Stannis

1) I don''t know - Old Nan stories? Or some wildling stories

2) Davos' chapters

3) and 5) Benjen pov would be ideal, though very unlikely. Would be ideal.

4) Areo Hotah pov

6) Jon Pov I guess. When he comes back, that is.

7) Theon and Asha chapters.

8/9) That can be throughout many chapters - but I hope they won't ditch Stannis (I don't believe they will)

Archived