A King...in the North?!?!

Strong Flame

So, we see a lot of discussion about whether the seven kingdom's will be splintered or, if they remain as one, who will rule them at the end of the series.

There is talk about Dany, Aegon, Stannis, Jon, Tyrion, Hodor and miscellaneous baratheon guard # 343 sitting the Iron Throne. About different Kingdoms being formed, about who might bend knee to who and, of course, who might be related to who re: lines of succession. (R+L=J etc.)

So, in a little bit of a change from that. This is purely speculative, and I am really not expecting it, but GRRM always has me expecting the unexpected, so...

Is there any way you could see the 7K remaining intact, but being ruled from the North instead of KL?

Kinda meant to be a fun thread, but give it some thought (Maybe it's like one of those books where the Sout won the US Civil war or whatnot)

Have at it!

I have this theory: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/98515-queen-shireen-and-the-shaggydog/

It is somewhat similar, but replace "North" with "Stark." So, a Stark on the Iron Throne.

Alternatively, if the Others really do mess up the rest of Westeros and the North is the region that saves the realm, I could see some plot device where the rest of Westeros pays the North homage.

I can see this. but not the stark love way.

stannis is currently a King in the North, (not of the north). and even if he wins the throne, he is going to rule several years from the wall, fighting the real enemy.

I think he is not even going far more south after taking WF. As far he might try to free RR. then he is going back to do his duty.

If the realms splits, there could be a king of the north. If it stays united, need to be centrally located to rule effectively. The North is very important to the realm, protection from the wildings and the others. The Baratheon's, Robert, forgot about that. Well, mostly Cersei.

Long live the 7 Kingdoms! I will hate if GRRM decides to fuck the smallfolk over by returning to those retarded independant Kingdoms. Let their be a strong King/Queen on the IT in the end who rules all (since a republic isn't an option).

I can see this happening assuming there are big changes after the Others are defeated. Assuming that weather patterns change and that the lands of always winter get included along with most of the lands beyond the wall, then what's the point of ruling from King's Landing far south? The North and Winterfell would be a more central point in Westeros and it would make sense to make that the capital of an unified Westeros. If we still have an unified Westeros.

Right, I do agree that the North is in no position to rule the 7K...it's fun to think of the "hows" though.

Still, i think that the south has not really had an essay time ruling the North either....

So question part the second...is the North the part of the puzzle that keeps the 7K from running smoothly. Is it the only one that should separate? of course, that could start a trend of everyone wanting to get out...

Altogether, I think the union is doomed.

I can see this happening assuming there are big changes after the Others are defeated. Assuming that weather patterns change and that the lands of always winter get included along with most of the lands beyond the wall, then what's the point of ruling from King's Landing far south? The North and Winterfell would be a more central point in Westeros and it would make sense to make that the capital of an unified Westeros. If we still have an unified Westeros.

That is an interesting prospect, Winterfell becoming suddenly geographically central, and booming into a KL type city.

Archived