Slaughter In Winterfell v.2

Dead Wolf

Roose strikes me as a pretty intelligent guy, all these things stacked against him have probably not gone unnoticed, I doubt he possesses the same blindness to his pending demise as Cersei.

Roose has a plan to save Roose.

Unfortunately you are probably right.

Everything seems to be against Roose, but somehow I don't see him falling so quickly.

And the fact he is not doing anything to stop it, makes me fill he definitely has a plan. I wish I am wrong.

Yeah, the Boltons hold on the north is extremely tenuous and without fArya non-existent.

I am going to have to assume that Rickon is currently riding Shaggydog around building an army of cannibals.

Technically Skagos is sworn to house Stark, and for all we know they are currently loyal to them.

Rickon might be living like a cannibal king, eating, "the choicest bits".

Unfortunately you are probably right.

Everything seems to be against Roose, but somehow I don't see him falling so quickly.

And the fact he is not doing anything to stop it, makes me fill he definitely has a plan. I wish I am wrong.

Roose IS doing something by sending the Freys and Manderlys out. They are the ones who threaten his hold on the north. He knows Wyman is plotting against him, so he removed the Manderly force. He knows everyone hates the Freys, so he sent Hosteen and Aenys out into the snow with the man they believe murdered their nephew. The others are already there because they fear the Dreadfort, and Roose thinks Lady Dustin will continue to support him once Ramsay is dead. Remember her words "Even Dustins out of Barrowton. The north remembers, Frey." Meaning not only does she remember how her family, both the Dustins and the Ryswells, were hurt by the Freys, she remembers Roose had a part in it too or he wouldn't have returned north as Warden, with his forces intact, and "Arya Stark"

you know its really quite rude to brush off a comment like that without elaboration. Could you please explain why Jon has a claim over Rickon when Robb's will was made only because Rickon was "dead"? If Rickon shows up alive doesnt this invalidate the will in any case?

Because there is a will. No matter who turn up alive, the person who has the will has the power.

Tommen is eight and king. The will is invalidated by Rickon's continued existence. Even if it isn't, Jon won't take it, because to him that would be stealing his brother's birthright, and he will not do that. As to the wildlings, so what? Jon won't fight Rickon, he won't take WF, and he won't leave his post. This thread is not about Jon or Rickon becoming king, it's about Roose and the chance that Manderly and th others will murder him

Tommen is a puppet. No the will is not invalid. The will is the King's legal decision and Rickon has not a better birthright than Jon when it comes to the kingdom in the North and the Trident. Rickon has a birthright when it comes to Winterfell. No more no less.

And the wildlings are an army who are South of the Wall. Do you think that after LN2.0 they will go back North of the Wall? No way. So, who has the King's will, has been proved him self in battle, is a good leader and ruler and can eliminate the wildlings' threat? Only Jon.

Good point! I had forgotten about the impending destruction of the wall (which is necessary for the Others Invasion)

No problem. Since the Wall aka NW is no more, Jon has the power and the freedom to do whatever he wants.

I am not going to even mention the countless foreshadowing that Jon has about being a King. Rickon can still be the Warden of the North and the Lord of Winterfell but he will not become a King.

Because there is a will. No matter who turn up alive, the person who has the will has the power.

Tommen is a puppet. No the will is not invalid. The will is the King's legal decision and Rickon has not a better birthright than Jon when it comes to the kingdom in the North and the Trident. Rickon has a birthright when it comes to Winterfell. No more no less.

And the wildlings are an army who are South of the Wall. Do you think that after LN2.0 they will go back North of the Wall? No way. So, who has the King's will, has been proved him self in battle, is a good leader and ruler and can eliminate the wildlings' threat? Only Jon.

No problem. Since the Wall aka NW is no more, Jon has the power and the freedom to do whatever he wants.

I am not going to even mention the countless foreshadowing that Jon has about being a King. Rickon can still be the Warden of the North and the Lord of Winterfell but he will not become a King.

Once again, this thread isn't about Jon or Rickon becoming king. It's about the slaughtet that is about to happen in Winterfell

• 2 months later...

Archived