The Walking Dead Season 4 (no comics spoilers)

MisterOJ

My SO and I are hooked on Downton Abbey, so zombies must wait. :P

lol My wife and I did the Downton Abbey -->Wait an hour -->Walking Dead shift last week. We decided that 12 was too late to go to sleep (especially after being wound up from OMG Zombies!), so we're buying the UK season 4 DA set on Amazon and watching WD at 9. :)

It was an awesome episode, no doubt. I loved when Ty turned around and was holding Judith. And then later when Carol showed up holding her. Something about holding a baby in the Zombie Apocalypse makes you into a super hero in my eyes. :)

A couple things bugged me about the episode though.

1) When Beth and Daryl found the zombies chowing down by the tracks, Beth saw a shoe and the camera zoomed in on it and then she freaked out. The shoe looked like the same ones that Lizzy's sister (can't remember her name) was wearing. So I figured she was dead. But, she wasn't. And they never really addressed the shoe later on.

And 2) The bus. How did all those people die and get trapped? That really didn't make any sense at all. I'm not one to usually nitpick this show, but come on - that seemed like very lazy writing. Not enough to make me dislike the overall episode, but still... it was a glaring blemish on an otherwise awesome episode.

It was an awesome episode, no doubt. I loved when Ty turned around and was holding Judith. And then later when Carol showed up holding her. Something about holding a baby in the Zombie Apocalypse makes you into a super hero in my eyes. :)

1) When Beth and Daryl found the zombies chowing down by the tracks, Beth saw a shoe and the camera zoomed in on it and then she freaked out. The shoe looked like the same ones that Lizzy's sister (can't remember her name) was wearing. So I figured she was dead. But, she wasn't. And they never really addressed the shoe later on.

And 2) The bus. How did all those people die and get trapped? That really didn't make any sense at all. I'm not one to usually nitpick this show, but come on - that seemed like very lazy writing. Not enough to make me dislike the overall episode, but still... it was a glaring blemish on an otherwise awesome episode.

That bothered me too, but I thought it was the little boy that was with them initially.

I think for 1 there was either a child or a woman with that little group as it seemed like a woman's shrieks that drew Tyreese but i don't recall actually seeing one. I also thought there were several more children with Lizzie's group but I guess not?

Number 2 bothered me but not as much as Glen somehow ending up on that bridge thing. He was on the bus, I don't recall him getting off, and then he's out on that lookout? Eh?

I think for 1 there was either a child or a woman with that little group as it seemed like a woman's shrieks that drew Tyreese but i don't recall actually seeing one. I also thought there were several more children with Lizzie's group but I guess not?

Number 2 bothered me but not as much as Glen somehow ending up on that bridge thing. He was on the bus, I don't recall him getting off, and then he's out on that lookout? Eh?

I can buy that Glen got off the bus and went back to look for Maggie and then passed out/went to sleep on the lookout thing - all offscreen. That's at least somewhat plausible. But a busload of what? 10-15 people? All die at the same time? Because that's the only thing that makes sense for them to all be walkers trapped on the bus.

Yeah, I thought there was a little boy at the very least.

I can buy that Glen got off the bus and went back to look for Maggie and then passed out/went to sleep on the lookout thing - all offscreen. That's at least somewhat plausible. But a busload of what? 10-15 people? All die at the same time? Because that's the only thing that makes sense for them to all be walkers trapped on the bus.

I'm usually not the one to defend this show but my take on it was that several passengers were probably killed by gunfire (the back of the bus was riddled with bulletholes), changed and started attacking people. It still doesn't make sense that they didn't get out though (I mean the door clearly wasn't stuck).

The bus was full of people still recovering from the swine flu. As the bus rolled out, one or two of them were still too weak even with the magic antibiotics and they died. Things were too crazy / people too distracted to notice until it / they rose.

Maybe the driver and a couple healthier people were able to get out, but the rest were too sick and weak to fight off even one walker.

I think that's the best explanation you can get.

so i seem to enjoy this show when it focuses on two or three characters. i feel like it really loses it focus when it tries to pay attention to the larger cast. So while i liked last week's episode a lot, i was not engaged this week. carol popping out of nowhere annoyed me, the bus thing was there seemingly only to create drama for maggie, and beth stomping off into the woods at night was just....facepalm stupid.

so i seem to enjoy this show when it focuses on two or three characters. i feel like it really loses it focus when it tries to pay attention to the larger cast. So while i liked last week's episode a lot, i was not engaged this week. carol popping out of nowhere annoyed me, the bus thing was there seemingly only to create drama for maggie, and beth stomping off into the woods at night was just....facepalm stupid.

i agree with you.

the struggles and perils facing a couple or three people seems so much more brutal and terrifying than a whole bunch of people.

glen hit it on the head when he told the girl 'i don't want your help, i need it.'

It was a decent episode, but I'm sick of zombies being able to just walk up to people surprise them when they're in open terrain. They're slower than a motherfucker, and as subtle as tank, how the fuck does people not notice them?

I liked the psycho girl and I hope they develop that theme more.

Glad to see another Band of Brothers actor to join the fray. I hope he's gonna be better written than his counterpart in season 4a, who willingly gave his life at the orders of a man who had murdered his brother in cold blood.

Well that was awesome episode. I was at the edge of my seat...ok couch...all the time.

Ahhhh when Carol showed up I thought about Lady O and how big smile on her face must have been when she saw Carol....it was as big as mine. I love her,so glad she is back...and little girl...wtf....I mean bunnies...and those were some unusually trusting bunnies btw...choking a baby...somehow her murder spree in the prison starts to look less and less dark the way she keeps going...Now I am 100% sure all of us who thought Carol was covering for her were right...and I think other sister was the one to feed zombies...there was this comment about how she sees walkers or something. Anyway,can't wait to see more of this group.

I felt bad for poor Beth,and as much as I like Daryl...and I love that guy...he's the worst grieve counselor ever... :lol:

Maggie in the bus was very intense.

New sanctuary is intriguing...even though it seems to be pretty close to the prison for them to come across it only now but...never mind...

And when that military guy showed up in the end my brain yelled..."hello testosteron"

I wish they didn't show Glenn being alive in the sneak preview from last week. Would've been much more exciting.

I agree, thought it was an great episode.

On a side note, can anyone explain Dave and Tony's (the Philly guys Rick shot in the bar) group is listed as "The Living" on the Walking Dead wiki?

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Dave_(TV_Series)

Scroll to the bottom to see the character groupings.

Anybody know the answer to this? Sorry for the shameless bump but I'm intrigued. The name change makes me think they will be encountering that group again in the future maybe?

Same here,those two things bothered me...

I guess one was any kid sfom the prison group and two...maybe someone did get out and they closed the bus so the zombies stay inside...

Well that was awesome episode. I was at the edge of my seat...ok couch...all the time.

Ahhhh when Carol showed up I thought about Lady O and how big smile on her face must have been when she saw Carol....it was as big as mine. I love her,so glad she is back...and little girl...wtf....I mean bunnies...and those were some unusually trusting bunnies btw...choking a baby...somehow her murder spree in the prison starts to look less and less dark the way she keeps going...Now I am 100% sure all of us who thought Carol was covering for her were right...and I think other sister was the one to feed zombies...there was this comment about how she sees walkers or something. Anyway,can't wait to see more of this group.

I felt bad for poor Beth,and as much as I like Daryl...and I love that guy...he's the worst grieve counselor ever... :lol:

Maggie in the bus was very intense.

New sanctuary is intriguing...even though it seems to be pretty close to the prison for them to come across it only now but...never mind...

And when that military guy showed up in the end my brain yelled..."hello testosteron"

And don't you just know I did :D :D :D

My only picky moment was the bottle that was whipped outta nowhere. I guess in the midst of war they could have had enough forethought to pack a bottle. I guess.

The zombie bus thing I thought was believable enough. They were all sick and dying, so one turns, they get trapped and I thought there was like a pile of them blocking the door? Who knows.

I can see Glenn passing out up there looking out to see if he could spot Maggie. I can get that.

Abe and Co. looked awesome. So happy that was done correctly :)

Bottle and formula lol.

I don't understand why they showed Glenn so much on the trailers and teasers. Why not show Maggie? Then when they tried to make it look like she might have killed Glenn, it might have had some impact, instead we already knew Glenn was alive. I also can't believe everyone on the bus would have turned. I understand some of the sick might of died, or some could have been hit by bullets, but enough died all at once that they turned, and blocked off both ways to get out, and no one got out? That seems too easy.

I'm still trying to understand a baby in a zombie world. Unless you had a mother nursing it, access to massive formula/diapers or I dunno kept a goat to milk, how does it work? I guess technically the baby would only need formula/milk for 6 months and then move to smooshy foods but where do they find smooshy food?

You would have to be in a compound like structure with the mother still alive. That's the only thing I can figure out.

But yah, random baby bottles is just a bit off.

Maybe they filled the bottles with pig milk? Remember, they had a bunch of pigs before Rick murdered them all. But yeah, a baby out in a forest filled with zombies is a fucking nightmare, I almost sympathize with the psycho-girl for attempting to off her.

(Did I just say that?)

Archived