X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016

WTFSalami

Go looking for what? Everything that's been announced is what I typed.

You made a statement. True. But on the internet that means what exactly?

Awesome. Can't wait to hear some more news about it. Bryan Singer's cryptic tweets are very annoying.

Also, source.

See? Was that difficult? Now lazy, internet reading book nerds can just click a link to find out what you're talking about rather than having to type something into a search engine.

Cool, but for all we know right now DoFP is going to be a hot mess that guts the franchise.

My first thoughts as well. It may wind up being like that contract George Clooney signed for three Batman movies... :leaving:

Cool, but for all we know right now DoFP is going to be a hot mess that guts the franchise.

That's pretty much my biggest film-related fear.

Days of Future Past is probably the most popular X-Men comic arc, and the fact that no one had considered adapting it before should speak volumes. It's so damn huge and mind-bogglingly complicated for a movie. The trailer looked okay, but I still don't want to get my hopes up.

Go on, Bryan Singer. Prove me wrong. Please.

Meh, in Bryan Singer I DON'T trust.

This. Singer can't write worth a damn (and before some idiot says "How about The Usual Suspects?": he didn't write that one.) and the fact that of all the people in the world the one he chose to consult with was James Cameron, another director that can't write his way out of a paper bag, I don't have high hopes.

You made a statement. True. But on the internet that means what exactly?

See? Was that difficult? Now lazy, internet reading book nerds can just click a link to find out what you're talking about rather than having to type something into a search engine.

LOL, sorry I guess. Everything you know now is everything you knew when you first opened the thread. The Internet has made cynics and skeptics of us all, I suppose.

I'm hoping that FOX has figured out that its in their best interest to treat the source material with more respect. The last two movies they made (first class, th Wolverine} were significant improvements... and I think they were embarrassed over the Last Stand, Wolverine Origins debacles.... DoFP is an opportunity to reboot the francise without really rebooting the francise... if they do it right, it could make an Apocalypse storyline work...

Granted, it's a lot of "ifs"

DoFP is an opportunity to reboot the francise without really rebooting the francise... if they do it right, it could make an Apocalypse storyline work...

Granted, it's a lot of "ifs"

Singer has already said he's going to retcon some stuff out of the movie continuity.

Also it's not that I think Singer will definitely fuck up DoFP but I just want to see how he handles that adaptation before we see what comes in 2016.

If the next film bombs Singer won't be doing a sequel so I'm waiting till after DOFP before taking it too seriously.

I still think Apocalypse would work as a crossover film. Like I said in the other thread - have Cable turn up at end of DOFP from far flung future saying Sentinels are nothing fear the Apocalypse. Then have X-force with Cable and his team trying to hunt down Apocalypse before he's too powerful. They fail and then have the crossover. Throw the FF if they want with Apocalypse stealing a team member of their son.

He's the x-men's Thanos/Darkseid so they may as well use him.

Maybe when Wolverine returns to the future/present at the end of DofP, the Age of Apocalypse has already started. ;)

Which would be kind of a nod to the wolverine and x-men cartoon. Bleeding cool seems to be suggesting a young apocalypse may be in this film and that putting the timeline "right" they allow him to grow up into the monster he is in our present.

If that's the case the film will be featuring the "original" cast and not the first class ones. I guess Beast can cross over though. And Wolverine.

Archived