X-Men: Apocalypse coming in 2016

WTFSalami

Singer has already said he's going to retcon some stuff out of the movie continuity.

Also it's not that I think Singer will definitely fuck up DoFP but I just want to see how he handles that adaptation before we see what comes in 2016.

Agreed. The little hope I have is in the studio, as oppossed to Singer. Thier aproach seems to have gotten better.... but these are ambitious undertaklings, and even someone well intentioned could screw them up.

Yeah, the best and most memorable moment of any of the X movies was Nightcrawler bamfing through the White House.

Sadly, he bamfed right out of the movies after that. Worst decision Fox ever made. Along with having this weird desire to make many of their characters too young.

Its one of the best scenes in any comic movie, imo.

I would agree with that, visually speaking. The opening scene of Blade, and the two Ghost Riders tearing across the desert also qualify as long as we're keeping it to a visual classification.

The best overall scene in a comic book movie in my opinion still goes to the Batman/Joker interrogation scene from TDK.

Yeah, the best and most memorable moment of any of the X movies was Nightcrawler bamfing through the White House.

Sadly, he bamfed right out of the movies after that. Worst decision Fox ever made. Along with having this weird desire to make many of their characters too young.

I'm pretty sure Alan Cummings hated the makeup that was required to play Nightcrawler. That might be one of the reasons he didn't return.

That would be dumb as hell if they made Apocalypse an alien. I honestly have very little invested in any of this (don't read comics, just watched the shows when I was younger and the modern movies), but the coolest part about Apocalypse was him being the original super-mutant from freaking Egyptian times. Obviously we can take what's there with a grain of a salt, and even if it ends up being true he could still be Apocalypse (just one that...got into a space ship and crash landed, or something?), but still.

My knowledge on the "canon" here is very shaky, but didn't the whole Apocalypse storyline sort of revolve around Magneto having a redemptive arc, since now the X-Men and Magneto's dudes had a mutual foe? I don't know, I'm going off of old cartoons and what I've read on the internet, but that sounds cooler than Magneto-possessed-by-Apocalypse.

Again, though, taking this with a grain of salt.

Apparently Fassbender's young Magneto is the Apocalypse

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/bryan-singer-confirmed-to-direct-x-men-apocalypse-plus-how-it-links-days-of-future-past-revealed-20131209

I have read this in a few other blogs.

Not sure what to make of this. :dunno:

Thanks for that.

It's still possible for Apocalypse to be the mutant of Egyptian times as he has possessed people and been recruited by aliens to ensure mankind's evolution.

That said, the Apocalypse movie sounds kinda lame if they are focusing on the younger generation. I mean they don't even [have] Angel do they? Without him the presence of Apocalypse loses some luster.

I mean they don't even [have] Angel do they? Without him the presence of Apocalypse loses some luster.

Well, if Apocalypse possesses Magneto back in the 70's, the world Logan returns to (the present) could be a sudo Age of Apocalypse (ie vastly different timeline). Fassbender can now look the same (being immortal) if Sir Ian doesn't want to return. Cyclops and Jean can be alive again. They can keep Jennifer Lawrence if they can (or if she wants). We'd lose McAvoy and Hoult, but get to keep Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, etc.

If X-Men: A returns to the present, they can bring back Ben Foster to do the archangel storyline with the four horsemen. I liked Foster in the role.

If X-Men: A returns to the present, they can bring back Ben Foster to do the archangel storyline with the four horsemen. I liked Foster in the role.

Ugh. That portrayal of Angel was cringe worthy, especially the scene where he saves his dad. It wasn't Foster's fault, he's a good actor and all, but I hate what X3 did with Angel.

Archived