Sweet-Robin marrying Shireen? Formation of LF and Stannis alliance.

Stan the Man Baratheon

Stannis is technically the man who is supposed to be responsible for fostering Sweet Robin.

I strongly believe Stannis will gain control of the Vale. Jon Arryn wanted Robert Arryn to be a ward of Stannis on Dragonstone.

During Catelyn and Walder Frey first conversation when Robbs host is trying to cross Walder Frey tells her that the Hand said for certain that he wanted his son Robert to be the ward of Stannis!

Absolutely not. Stannis is the very last person LF would want in power. There are a few reasons he betrayed Ned, and Stannis getting the throne would be one of them. If Stannis found out about even one of LF's dozens of crimes, he'd have him killed. LF would be lucky if he still got to keep his Keep, because he would lose literally everything by forming an alliance with Stannis.

Well, supposedly the most fucked up chapter in the series so far comes from Sansa's POV next book, so I wouldn't exactly put it past her if LF whispered the right words in her ear.

Am i missing something? How do you know Sansa is getting the most fucked up chapter in the series?

Well, supposedly the most fucked up chapter in the series so far comes from Sansa's POV next book, so I wouldn't exactly put it past her if LF whispered the right words in her ear.

Ran said "I'm pretty sure what I said was that I thought the chapter might be controversial in some quarters of the fandom. I guess that means it could well be controversial. But, who knows, my assessment might be wrong." That hardly means it'll be the most fucked up chapter in the series.

Robert is sickly and it seems unlikely that he will survive to breed. He would be a poor choice as a future King beyond his lineage. A betrothal between Shireen and Rickon would make more sense and at least Rickon will have proven that he is robust, he just needs to be edumucated. I think it would make more sense to foster Robert somewhere else to see if he survives and is fit enough to rule the Vale. Otherwise go ahead with the Sansa marriage to Harry or make Maya legit and marry her to Harry. I consider the Vale to be in play, that it could break with the current occupant of the Iron Throne, I'm just not sure if Stannis needs LF or not if he tries to win it over to his claim.

• 3 weeks later...

About the seashells from the Patchface prophecy, the sigil of House Westerling is six seashells.

I do know that House Westerling has seashells in their sigil, but their connection to Stannis and his southron knights is null. House Westerling is still with Lannister loyalists, hence i don't see them aligning themselves with Stannis.

It is improbable. Stannis has poor opinion of Petyr Baelish and will be getting rid of him once he sits the Iron Throne, if He ever does.

Stannis is technically the man who is supposed to be responsible for fostering Sweet Robin.

I strongly believe Stannis will gain control of the Vale. Jon Arryn wanted Robert Arryn to be a ward of Stannis on Dragonstone.

During Catelyn and Walder Frey first conversation when Robbs host is trying to cross Walder Frey tells her that the Hand said for certain that he wanted his son Robert to be the ward of Stannis!

This is something. I believe Stannis had good reason to suggest fostering Robert Arryn. He probably saw him as a good match for his Shireen - first and only son of the Hand of the King and Lord of the Vale. We all know about his condition, but perhaps it is something that can be fixed, if there is the will to be fixed.

Anyway, there is still a lot to happen. Rickon hasn't showed up yet, We don't know much about the developments in the Vale. Also, there will be a lot of stuff going on in and around Highgarden, Storm's End, King's Landing, even Dragonstone.

This. It's why LF didn't want (secretly wanted) Ned to support Stannis. Stannis knows LF is a scheming liar and would quickly dispose of him.

How so? Everything LF had at court he was given by Jon Arryn (due to Lysa's demands), and I had the impression that Jon worked very closely with Stannis. Stannis has no idea about LF machinations. He doesn't know that LF has been the one who brokered the Lannister-Tyrell-alliance.

He will obviously wonder how LF came to his current position, but I am pretty sure LF could produce a his own convincing version of the story.

Ummmm. Didn't Stannis already say to no to this idea? He felt his daughter was above being married to Robin when it was proposed by Selyse's brother (I think it was him). I don't se him changing his mind because of a possible alliance with LF when he doesn't like or respect LF.

Ummmm. Didn't Stannis already say to no to this idea? He felt his daughter was above being married to Robin when it was proposed by Selyse's brother (I think it was him). I don't se him changing his mind because of a possible alliance with LF when he doesn't like or respect LF.

When? Could you please provide some quotes?

From one Tyrion's last chapters in ACoK. Cercei and Tyrion discussing LF....

"Ive never trusted Littlefinger. For enough coin, hed go over to Stannis in a heartbeat.

Stannis Baratheon is too bloody righteous to buy men. Nor would he make a comfortable lord for the likes of Petyr. This war has made for some queer bedfellows, I agree, but those two? No."

I agree with Halfman.

"Ive never trusted Littlefinger. For enough coin, hed go over to Stannis in a heartbeat.

Stannis Baratheon is too bloody righteous to buy men. Nor would he make a comfortable lord for the likes of Petyr. This war has made for some queer bedfellows, I agree, but those two? No."

Cheers for the actual quote. :cheers:

Archived