Viserys

CassBlackfyre

Viserys i feel sorry about the guy, been through a lot in his childhood. But i don't excuse his behaviour towards Dany, as much as i hate her, no brother should ever behave like that. Like you said it could be Targ-gene problem.

yeah totally, like i said i cant justify it, but i have nothing but pity for Viserys, i just cant hate him as much as i think we're meant too, know what i mean?

Targ fanboys. Priceless.

Didn't deserve to die like that though. Although, when you consider how Aerys murdered Rickard....the sins of the father and all....

Lol nothing wrong with being a Targ fanboy, albeit most of them were scum and evil, but some of them were nice, and honourable. and in Viserys case... Hot.

No no no >.< I don't buy this sins of the father stuff, like you said before that.... he didn't deserve to die like that

So instead of supplying reasons against my list, you make a rude comment. Good work. I'm sure you convinced many people of your point.

if you *are* a targ fanboy be PROUD of it. wear it as a badge of honour! nothing wrong with it at all

So instead of supplying reasons against my list, you make a rude comment. Good work. I'm sure you convinced many people of your point.

Well you are a Targ fanboy. Do you think it is worth trying to supply reasons to a fanboy? You will counter his statement with arguments you think are correct but not necessarily by others. For eg: Dany is ______. You will say she is good, another person will say she is bad. But will that change your PoV?

no shes not like the mad king, but she has a temper similar to him ; MMD, the masters nailed to posts, the so&so's daughters being tortured. and we've seen her rants and raves.

Dany can be very cruel towards her enemies, but she doesn't get sexually aroused by cruelty, as her father did.

Viserys was obnoxious, and subjected Dany to years of abuse, but I have no sense that he was wantonly sadistic.

Dany can be very cruel towards her enemies, but she doesn't get sexually aroused by cruelty, as her father did.

Viserys was obnoxious, and subjected Dany to years of abuse, but I have no sense that he was wantonly sadistic.

give it time, she might

Well you are a Targ fanboy. Do you think it is worth trying to supply reasons to a fanboy? You will counter his statement with arguments you think are correct but not necessarily by others. For eg: Dany is ______. You will say she is good, another person will say she is bad. But will that change your PoV?

Then what is the point of a discussion forum? And I hardly think Dany is perfect or not flawed. I wouldn't be interested in her if she was. I like the greyer characters like Dany, Theon, Jaime, Tyrion, and so on. So if VALID points against her are raised I will agree. Not but..she called Ned the usurpers dog. I hate her!

Then what is the point of a discussion forum? And I hardly think Dany is perfect or not flawed. I wouldn't be interested in her if she was. I like the greyer characters like Dany, Theon, Jaime, Tyrion, and so on. So if VALID points against her are raised I will agree. Not but..she called Ned the usurpers dog. I hate her!

Well you seem to defend her every action. Tell me which action she did that you disagree upon and you thought was bad.

I don't think any character "deserves" hate, that point is moot by default to me, if it's happening it's because people take this damn thing too seriously.

Now, as to wether he should be judged negatively ? I think he should, he was a really mean basterd, and was completely unfit to rule anything; there's a lot of similarities between him and Joffrey, both were too young to rule, both had strangely warped morality compasses, both had a large sense of entitlement, and both had a complete absence of proper examples to guide them, Robert in the case of Joffrey, no one in the case of Viserys.

She's nothing like the mad king. Viserys was his fathers son.

She murders people in the most vicious ways as payment for their betrayal.

Admittedly, many times it can be justified, but she's the only one, aside from the most evil of the series, to do such things.

I did think it was complete bullshit from Martin that she would reject the idea of a Red Wedding in Essos when she had burned a city to the ground under the false pretense of a business transaction.

According to Dany, in her youth he taught her many things. How to read, speak languages and told her stories and was overall, a very kind and sweet big brother. SHE understands why he turned out like he did; which is why she wouldn't give up her crown because as soon as Viserys had to sell their mother's crown, the last part of him died inside. I love Viserys in the way that he is very tormented and, is layered. Was he a dick? Yes. He was a dick. But I can relate. I don't rate him even close to Joff and Ramsay. He was deeply disturbed and, in the end, lashed out at the only person he could, who he perceived as the problem... But if Dany can forgive him, I think we can. :)

not denying he was a brat or that he was stupid, he was both for sure, but do you think he deserves the hate that he gets? taking into account everything that happened to him and his family right up to his golden crown.

But in all honesty the family got what was coming to them (excluding what happened to Elia, Aegon, and Rhaenys). The Mad King had gone too far and Rhaegar, be it consensual or not, ran off with a high lords betrothed. It wasn't as if the rebellion started because Robert was power hungry. Now that is not necesarrily Viserys debt to pay, but I don't think he garners any unwarranted hate either. Had he grown up to be more like Dany, and show some compassion to anyone at anytime, maybe. But it is pretty clear from the get go he has a case of the Mad Targaryen in him.

Archived