The Fate of The Lannister Siblings (A Lenghty Prediction)

The King Of Limbs

Great post! I especially like the parallels you mentioned in regard of Cersei and the mad king!

I always wondered what it meant that Dany saw a burned down Kings Landing but this would explain it.

Someone also mentioned that Tyrion wouldn't hold back in telling Dany about her father, I really hope that scene will be in the book!

I was already looking forward to those two meeting but now I cant wait :leer: Wish WOW was already released, really looking forward to reading it. It's been a long, long time since I wanted to read a book this badly...

I agree Jamie and Breienne will both survive the Stoneheart encounter because their arcs aren't nearly finished. I like the mental image of Jaime killing Cersei and being freed by Tyrion. I could see all 3 going to the wall to fight the others (Tyrion knows how desprete they are for man power) and Jaime taking the black for killing Cersei and become the 999th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. After Jon dies/relinquishing command they would be very well off with Jamie Lannister at the helm. And what better way to finish his story than him trading his white cloak for a black one to guard the realms of men like he once guarded kings?

I really like that theory. It certainly seems to be what Jaime's story arc is leading up to. I think Tyrion will also get Casterly Rock and be on the IT council again, (whether it's Dany or Jon who rules or someone else altogether, I cannot say.)

This theory seems really solid, especially considering how much it would make sense thematically. All his life Jaime's been ridiculed for being the King-Slayer, so we could expect that this would escalate after killing his sister. I always assumed Tyrion would be the one to kill her, then both he and his brother would be guilty of regicide, but this makes way more sense. I like the idea of Dany landing at Casterly Rock also, although I can't imagine the time it would take for her to circumnavigate the world. Her landing there with Tyrion would help wrap up the entire Lannister-siblings plot nicely.

This theory seems really solid, especially considering how much it would make sense thematically. All his life Jaime's been ridiculed for being the King-Slayer, so we could expect that this would escalate after killing his sister. I always assumed Tyrion would be the one to kill her, then both he and his brother would be guilty of regicide, but this makes way more sense. I like the idea of Dany landing at Casterly Rock also, although I can't imagine the time it would take for her to circumnavigate the world. Her landing there with Tyrion would help wrap up the entire Lannister-siblings plot nicely.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dany and Tyrion arrived in KL via dragon's back.

And yeah, GRRM, is totally foreshadowing Cersei going Aerys on the city with all that wildfyre. Both Jaime and Tyrion, each take steps to save the city, but Cersei will burn it despite their best efforts.

But I do have this little idea that the valonquar shouldn't necessarily be her brother. Couldn't it be Tommen (the little brother of her children)?

Well god knows, Cersei's likely to give him plenty of cause, but I think he's a little too young and sweet to be strangling anyone.

I can just see Jaimie throttling Cersei's throat with his golden hand...

This, Tommen would need years to be strong enough physically or mentally to strangle his mother.

Not when she's too weak and indifferent to fight back. "And when your tears have drowned you..." - Tommen physically can do it in those circumstances, aye. As for mentally - he'll be a wight then, so he won't have this particular problem. They strangle and don't think twice about it (if they think once).

I reject the premise that Jamie's arc isn't finished. I wouldn't have guessed Ned's arc was finished either and he still died. The truth of the matter is I don't think he'll die with Lady Stoneheart either but I'm not counting it out. I'm not counting anything out. The only one I see surviving is Tyrion. The others are dead. Tywin's line of the Lannisters will be all but wiped out.

• 2 months later...

Nah. It's Tommen, I'm telling you. Dead Tommen, that is. Or undead, to be precise.

True, I expect some kind of three-way confrontation between Tyrion (mebbe aided by Dany), Jaime and Cersei, quite probably around Casterly Rock. After little Tommen's death (who somehow managed to outlive his sister, yet couldn't escape the Stranger forever), with, let's say, Cersei going totally batshit insane in grief, Jaime with her inside the Rock and Tyrion besieging the castle, we'll be making bets which one of the Lannister brothers gets to kill their big sister (with various plot twists making it an exciting and unpredictable contest)... Tommen will rise as a wight, choke the life out of his mother and at the same time demonstrate that the entire realm is nose-deep in (quickly freezing) shit. The Others came South.

And only now it all fits. Including the "the", not "your" (valonqar). Your kids will die, and then the youngest will kill you, Maggy said. Logical. Cersei's own fault that she misinterpreted that. B)

I also think Tommen, the little brother, will kill Cersei but I think he will do it in defence of Margary when Cersei attacks the queen that is going to surpass her. I think the whole notion that Tommen is sweet and kind (which he is) allows that particular twist to jump out unexpectedly.

"the valonqar" -- I have believed all along that Cersei has largely misinterpreted the prophecy in regards to his identity - who says it has to be a Lannister though?

Aegon (FAegon) is a younger brother is he not? My personal pick would be Rickon in some way choking her out...

Oh, I like that!!!

I agree Jamie and Breienne will both survive the Stoneheart encounter because their arcs aren't nearly finished. I like the mental image of Jaime killing Cersei and being freed by Tyrion. I could see all 3 going to the wall to fight the others (Tyrion knows how desprete they are for man power) and Jaime taking the black for killing Cersei and become the 999th Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. After Jon dies/relinquishing command they would be very well off with Jamie Lannister at the helm. And what better way to finish his story than him trading his white cloak for a black one to guard the realms of men like he once guarded kings?

I also think the symbolism of Jaime trading the white cloak for the black is perfect.

This, Tommen would need years to be strong enough physically or mentally to strangle his mother.

If he had help he could do it - or say she somehow got incapacitated and he finished her off. Or, speaking of wildfyre, he might just set her aflame.

I also think the symbolism of Jaime trading the white cloak for the black is perfect.

Hell, Jaime would probably like life at the Wall better than he ever liked KL and court, anyway. And on the show Jaime mocks Jon for joining the NW...but then he also says he'd rather be dead than crippled. And we know how that latter statement came to haunt him...perhaps the former will as well.

I can't say what fate will befall Tyrion but if I were to guess I'd say Jaime and Cersei will cross paths again but both will survive the Winds of Winter. Jaime seems destined to help Jon, and it would be very GRRM-like to have Cersei survive until the epilogue of the last book.

I'm going to say Cersei watches Tommen and Myrcella die but her life is ultimately spared because she is pregnant. In the ASOIAF epilogue she'll give birth to twins, and she will die in childbirth at Casterly Rock.

I could see Cersei going even more nuts due to her children's deaths and attempting to burn down KL. It could also be that Jaime must once again put KL's fate above his own reputation, become a kinslayer, and choke-xecute Cersei in order to prevent her from burning the city.

If anybody burns that city, it'll be Drogon, or Vic with his own dragon (the Ironborn do like reaving!)

I'm so late to this but I had near the same theory and I was checking to make sure no one else had posted it before I started a new thread but but lo and behold! :cool4:

Great theory OP, I support most points.

I really do love your showdown at Casterly Rock idea however I do not think any action will take place at The Rock. It's all going to go down in King's Landing in ADOS.
I think it has to be saved for the last book as it is one of the most important climaxes of the series.

Cersei dying near or on the steps of the Iron Throne is too good a parallel to Aerys to miss - her greed for power (The Iron Throne) is where she meets her demise.

As for the Valonqar;

Maggy's Prophecy:
"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

I strongly think that Jaime is the valonqar. Most people would think it's Tyrion as they forget Jaime followed Cersei out the womb and she fears Tyrion after Joff and Tywin's deaths. GRRM has done a great job of setting up Tyrion as the valonqar that most readers miss Jaime is also her younger (little) brother.

I would place Tyrion as a second suspect but I doubt it and Tommen is completely out for me..

According to Maggy's prophecy which can be interpreted in different ways - I think Cersei will first see her children die (Myrcella will die in TWOW and Tommen ADOS) then maybe lose her mind "The Mad Queen" and try to set KL on fire // Aerys. Jaime will then be forced to kill her.

It would be a tragic poetic circle, Jaime, Aerys parallel and the fact that Jaime chose his family then (Lannister over Targaryen by disobeying Aerys command to cut off Tywin's head) and by killing Cersei now might be bringing the Targaryens (Dany or "Aegon") back into power/ choosing The Realm and inadvertently Targaryen over Lannister. Role reversal!

If Tommen were to return from the dead Maggy would have said "your spawn will be the death of you/ your spawn will choke the life from you" - Nah. :bang:

Bran's dream I thought;

"One shadow was as dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound." - Sandor Clegane
"Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful." - Oberyn Martell

"Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood." - Robert Strong

But I like your theory better! It fits a lot better.

I think Jaime will either kill himself after killing Cersei or he will live unhappily ever after. Tyrion is the most likely to survive.

The Stranger taking Tywin's perfect golden twins and leaving the "ill-made, devious, disobedient, spiteful little creature" is just too good.

If your Casterly Rock showdown does pan out maybe Dany will have the dragons destroy The Rock after Tyrion's betrayal just like Harrenhal :cheers:

Archived