Roy Dotrice, GOT audiobook narrator, says George R. R. Martin has told him he's got another book nearly ready

Mark Antony

And, perhaps it is World of Ice and fire, or Dangerous women? :devil:

That's what I thought. But I'm not sure whether there will be audio books for those.

Did Roy Dotrice make audiobooks for Tales of D&E ?

Reminds me of how around the premiere of season 3 Liam Cunningham said something about GRRM saying he was halfway through as a throwaway comment. Dotrice is a closer source, but I take it with a couple spoonfuls of salt. And there is ambiguity as to whether he's talking about TWOW.

It is clearly implied to be TWOW (he called it an "episode", which is what he called the audiobooks of the main novels). The true question is: what is "nearly ready", really? What does it mean to Roy Dotrice and what does it mean to GRRM? It could be a year, it could be three. GRRM did delay ADWD a thousand times saying "next year!" Which was eventually a false estimation. In any case, this is much better than nothing :)

WOIAF isn't really the type of book to have an audi-book surely? And TPatQ is already out so it's not nearly ready. Here's to hoping that Martin's further along then we thought and maybe we'll get a late 2014 release? :D

They made D&E audio's, but I do t think Roy did a version, thatI know of. I dont think the World Book would get audio. If that is the case, and since Roy is the main guy for ASoIaF audio books, it would have to be for WoW.

Does anyone know how soon Roy's audio version came out after each book was released?

WOIAF isn't really the type of book to have an audi-book surely? And TPatQ is already out so it's not nearly ready. Here's to hoping that Martin's further along then we thought and maybe we'll get a late 2014 release? :D

Who knows, perhaps some people would like to listen Dotrice telling them the history of Westeros...

It is clearly implied to be TWOW (he called it an "episode", which is what he called the audiobooks of the main novels). The true question is: what is "nearly ready", really? What does it mean to Roy Dotrice and what does it mean to GRRM? It could be a year, it could be three. GRRM did delay ADWD a thousand times saying "next year!" Which was eventually a false estimation. In any case, this is much better than nothing :)

The moment I will know TWOW is published is the moment I hold it in my hands... I will fly to London or New York, wait in front of book stores for days, and then I will be satisfied. Although, I think I can order it via Amazon :). I am not waiting the lazy Serbian translators to read TWOW.

I saw that headline being tweeted by various ASOIF fan sites earlier today, got all excited and clicked on the video interview. But after watching it, I fear it's been overblown. The way he says "and George tells me he's got another one nearly ready" sounds like he's using the word 'nearly' in a casual way, blissfully unaware of the impact such a choice of words will have on the internet. :laugh:

Really hope he meant it literally though.

Archived