[Spoilers] Why does everyone think Victarion will..

The Iron Banker

The "one black eye" is Euron.

But he isn't headed toward Dany, Victarion is, and I don't see Euron heading to the Dothraki Sea anytime soon. Besides, who isn't to say that Victarion doesn't lose an eye in Meereen?

If Barristan dies, he best die in some spectacular manner.

I think he will take Victarion's eye with him.

But he isn't headed toward Dany, Victarion is, and I don't see Euron heading to the Dothraki Sea anytime soon. Besides, who isn't to say that Victarion doesn't lose an eye in Meereen?

But Euron still is seeking Dany. And it isn't about a missing eye. Euron actually has a black eye.

But Euron still is seeking Dany. And it isn't about a missing eye. Euron actually has a black eye.

He isn't moving towards Dany as he has chosen to stay behind in Westeros so I see it as unlikely as him being the kraken in the Dothraki Sea. I think Victarion may have black eyes as well given that he is part of the same gene pool.

He isn't moving towards Dany as he has chosen to stay behind in Westeros so I see it as unlikely as him being the kraken in the Dothraki Sea. I think Victarion may have black eyes as well given that he is part of the same gene pool.

Sorry for arguing against this so much, but I really do not see how Victarion is this one black eyed kraken. It seems you really just want to use the "sea of blood" for this theory, claiming it is foreshadowing and just trying to justify it.

First, I really don't think Euron needs to be moving toward Dany for him to get this vision, these visions are not the same as Quaithe's.

So anyway though, here is more of that quote:

"Out captain would prefer to be fifty leagues farther out to sea, well away from that accursed shore, but I have commanded him to steer the shortest course. Others seek Daenerys too."

... "Have you seen these others in your fires?" [Tyrion] asked, warily.

"Only their shadows," Moqorro said. "One most of all. A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood."

First, we do not know enough about Moqorro and his visions to believe he always interprets his visions completely correctly. So while Euron does not seem to be actively seeking her, that doesn't mean Moqorro would not get visions of him "most of all" and interpret this as that Euron is on his way to Dany.

Second, if Victarion is this kraken, then how do you explain Moqorro's interactions with him? Surely, if there was a chance it was Victarion, Moqorro would suspect as much and would be acting much more actively to screw him over, right?

(Maybe I just take what he says about the dragonhorn is true, though not the whole truth, though still nothing that will get him killed.)

From Victarion's WoW chapter:

He basically is going to have three thralls blow the horn. And he has the dusky woman "bleed" him, and rubs his blood over the horn or something.

And from Theon's WoW chapter:

Under it he wore a stained white leather eye patch that reminded Theon of his uncle Euron. He'd wanted to rip it off Umber's face, to make certain that underneath was only an empty socket, not a black eye shining with malice.

I think from this we can infer that Euron has mismatched eyes, and one black eye, which is the one he keeps underneath his eye patch.

And if it is that Victarion currently has two black eyes and loses one before going to search for Dany in the "sea of blood", then why wouldn't Moqorro get a vision of a kraken missing an eye?

There is fairly good foreshadowing that Victarion will die in the Dothraki sea. Stuff like Vic: "I'd sail to hell" and Dany: "looking into Drogon's maw was looking into hell." That combines with the 'dragons so large they could pluck a kraken from the sea.' Also something about the Dothraki sea looking like a sea of blood, and Vic is somehow connected to it. You should ask Fire Eater, I'm drunk and my quotes are off the top of my head. The point is Victarion will be killed by Drogon while searching for Dany on the Dothraki Sea.

There's equally good foreshadow that Victarion will be killed by the Dusky Woman because Moqorro says "Your death is here in this room," when the only people there are Vic, Moqorro, and the Dusky Woman.

Personally I believe Victarion has enough plot armor to get him back to Westeros before he dies. On Claw Isle there is a treasure that Stannis was tempted to loot. Plenty of gold and silver, but also a horn to summon monsters from the depths and a Valyrian steel axe. The Kraken horn would be appropriate for any Greyjoy, and there are several warriors who wield axes, but both of them together? There's only one character who's meant to get that treasure.

I think Vic will fill the second of Dany's 'Bride of Fire' prophecies Lord knows he is her type as he's pretty much the Drogo of the seas. The 'bright eyes' means he's getting wightified, so hopefully he'll go down atop a pile of wights, his Valyrian steel axe buried deep in the skull of an Other.

That would be beyond awesome.

Sorry for arguing against this so much, but I really do not see

I came up with that theory after much thought and analysis.

First, I really don't think Euron needs to be moving toward Dany for him to get this vision, these visions are not the same as Quaithe's.

So anyway though, here is more of that quote:

First, we do not know enough about Moqorro and his visions to believe he always interprets his visions completely correctly. So while Euron does not seem to be actively seeking her, that doesn't mean Moqorro would not get visions of him "most of all" and interpret this as that Euron is on his way to Dany.

Second, if Victarion is this kraken, then how do you explain Moqorro's interactions with him? Surely, if there was a chance it was Victarion, Moqorro would suspect as much and would be acting much more actively to screw him over, right?

(Maybe I just take what he says about the dragonhorn is true, though not the whole truth, though still nothing that will get him killed.)

Moqorro said others seeks Dany too, which is why he is taking the shortest route, meaning others are coming to her. Moqorro has shown to be more accurate with his visions than Mel. Moqorro, IMO, likely is intending on screwing Victarion, but remember we are seeing him through Vic's POV. Victarion is Moqorro's only chance of reaching Dany, and if he tries anything, especially with Victarion's crew eying him suspiciously, he would get killed or thrown overboard, and fail to reach Dany. He is likely hiding his true intentions, which shouldn't be very hard with Victarion. Moqorro is always flattering Victarion and telling him what he wants to hear; we know that flatters usually have ulterior motives in mind from Aesop's fable of "The Fox and the Raven."

Moqorro tells Victarion "Every night in my fires I glimpse the glory that awaits you." In that same chapter we have Victarion tell the girls about to be burned as sacrifices of the honor that awaited them. Moqorro likely sees a similar end for Victarion.

And if it is that Victarion currently has two black eyes and loses one before going to search for Dany in the "sea of blood", then why wouldn't Moqorro get a vision of a kraken missing an eye?

Because krakens have two eyes, and I think having one eye would obviously mean the kraken is missing one.

"A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood." refers to Euron. At this point in the story Victarion is acting as Euron's pawn as Dragonbinder still belongs to Euron. You can consider Vic to be one of the arms, but the one black eye clearly means Euron. It's not until the end of ADWD that we have Moqorro explaining to Vic how to transfer ownership of the horn.

On Claw Isle there is a treasure that Stannis was tempted to loot. Plenty of gold and silver, but also a horn to summon monsters from the depths and a Valyrian steel axe. The Kraken horn would be appropriate for any Greyjoy, and there are several warriors who wield axes, but both of them together? There's only one character who's meant to get that treasure.

There are two.

The amazing thing about the "corpse" on the "ship" with "grey lips smiling sadly" is that it applies to both Victarion and Jon Con, but sometimes I feel like I'm one of the few who likes the insanity of the Iron Captain's chapters. He is definitely doomed, I think, as soon as Dany's new khalasar joins up with his fleet. I'm pretty sure her new "Fire and Blood" attitude won't jive with his salt thrall smoking arm Old Ways. Maybe GRRM will pull a fast one and have her hook up with him because of the guidance Moqorro has been giving him, but I think the priest is leading Theon's uncle to his death, so he can hook up with the real savior of the Red Faith. Aegon is getting the Seven, Dany's getting the Red God, and Stannis is eventually going to become some insane version of the Night's King reborn, I mean the foreshadowing with the Nightfort is kind of eerie, jmo. But yeah, Victarion is getting toasted.

"And the young one?"
"Killed his father."
Tyrion gave the rotting head a second look. Why, it almost looks as if those lips are smiling.

A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly.

Tyrion could be the corpse at the prow of the ship, the Selaesori Qhoran. Not a literal corpse but Tyrion before he reaches Meereen, is a little dead inside. He had been contemplating suicide a few times.

"And the young one?"

"Killed his father."

Tyrion gave the rotting head a second look. Why, it almost looks as if those lips are smiling.

A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly.

Tyrion could be the corpse at the prow of the ship, the Selaesori Qhoran. Not a literal corpse but Tyrion before he reaches Meereen, is a little dead inside. He had been contemplating suicide a few times.

Seems very crackpot to me, I would guess it refers to JonCon rather than Vic or someone else

In Byzantium. Not in Western Europe.

Louis VII, king of France, had a famous advisor, Thierry Galeran, a Templar made eunuch as adult I believe by his own religious fanaticism, who led most of Louis' intrigues and was a well known warrior.

Too lazy to find more examples. And Byzantium, Constantinoples, was Europe.

• 5 months later...

Archived