Quaithe's Prophecy: Darkstar-FAegon alliance

Arya kiddin'

I think the explanation of the OP is just right. Quaithe warns Daenery against people who were coming to her. At the moment, Tyrion was still with JC.

The mummer is Varys and the mummer's dragon is fAegon. Only they decided to go to Dany "indirectly". I don't know what's wrong with this, nor I see the need to bring Darkstar about.

That stated, they could ally, why not? Darkstar seems thirsty of Lannister blood and he seems ready to join anyone who raises the Dorne against them. But I don't think it comes out of the Quaithe's warning.

I wonder what Dany has to fear from Tyrion. Perhaps he brings bad luck on him, or his mocking comments might be misleading, but I don't think he has an especial bad feeling against her.

Otoh, she didn't warn her against Marwin, and IIRC he set off to her just after talking with Sam. It's true that this happened at the end of AFOC and the warning was at the beginning of ADWD, so we read it afters, but it happened before :wacko: This is weird.

The thing about this Quathie encounter is that it wasn't a prophecy. The books imply that Dragonglass Candles can be used to see things far away. At the time Quathie told her "prophecy" Tyrion and JonCon were together and on their way to her. Which means she only saw the present, not the future. I think she's using the candles to both observe other people far away and to communicate with Dany. I don't think there'll be an alliance between JonCon and Tyrion again, and Quathie can't see the future at all. Also, I'd like to say that "the sun's son and the mummers dragon" were the last part of the sentence, and it's possible that they are not a pair at all (grammatically, the last element of a list needs to have an "and" before it).

• 2 weeks later...

Since most of the theories discussed here have been about the pairings, it seems that the perfumed seneschal has been overlooked. On the Wiki of Ice and Fire page on this (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Perfumed_seneschal), the theories for the perfumed seneschal have a pretty well thought out list, but there is one character that was not mentioned that I thought should be.

Illyrio Mopatis. The Magister in Pentos that not only protected Dany in her youth, but sparked the series of events that allowed her to marry Khal Drogo and birth dragons through fire and blood. He is heavily perfumed and has quite a lot of political sway, permitting me to think that he may be the one mentioned in Quaithe's prophecy.
If it is Illyrio, that means he is connected to one of the pairings that have been sent to meet the Mother of Dragons - the "lion and the griffin". Coincidence? Maybe, and maybe not. This is a theory, after all.
Dany has nothing but fond thoughts of Illyrio's home in Pentos, often dreaming of it's red door. That betrayal would hurt all the more coming from this Magister of Pentos. Yes, he gave Daenerys the dragon eggs. Yes, he claims to be putting the Targaryens back on the throne. But even Tyrion sensed there was something else that Illyrio was planning.

Tell me what you think! :D I'm interested in knowing what others think of this concept.

Since most of the theories discussed here have been about the pairings, it seems that the perfumed seneschal has been overlooked. On the Wiki of Ice and Fire page on this (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Perfumed_seneschal), the theories for the perfumed seneschal have a pretty well thought out list, but there is one character that was not mentioned that I thought should be.

Illyrio Mopatis. The Magister in Pentos that not only protected Dany in her youth, but sparked the series of events that allowed her to marry Khal Drogo and birth dragons through fire and blood. He is heavily perfumed and has quite a lot of political sway, permitting me to think that he may be the one mentioned in Quaithe's prophecy.

If it is Illyrio, that means he is connected to one of the pairings that have been sent to meet the Mother of Dragons - the "lion and the griffin". Coincidence? Maybe, and maybe not. This is a theory, after all.

Dany has nothing but fond thoughts of Illyrio's home in Pentos, often dreaming of it's red door. That betrayal would hurt all the more coming from this Magister of Pentos. Yes, he gave Daenerys the dragon eggs. Yes, he claims to be putting the Targaryens back on the throne. But even Tyrion sensed there was something else that Illyrio was planning.

Tell me what you think! :D I'm interested in knowing what others think of this concept.

Unless I am mistaken... the house with the red door was the home where she and Viserys lived with Willem Darry. And I think they only stayed with Illyrio for "half a year" before her marriage to Drogo.

I think the PF is Reznak, or the Selaesori Qhoran.

Welcome to the forums, Lord of Theories. :cheers:

Yes, Illyrio is one of the persons that has been considered for the "perfumed seneschal part". I am as of yet undecided on the matter though. :)

Archived