Help changing my password...

Ded As Ned

So, I got signed out of the forum somehow the other day and when I tried to log back in the password I thought I had wouldn't work. So I did the password reset to get in.

Then I go to my settings and attempt to create a new password. There is also a field to change my e-mail address. I filled out the part of the form to change my password, leaving the field for "new e-mail address" blank, and I get an error "you must fill out the entire form".

So, I entered my e-mail address in the "current e-mail address" and "confirm e-mail address" fields, and also enter the temporary password in the "current password" fields, and then enter a new password and confirm to have the entire form filled out.

When I do this and click submit, I get an error about an invalid security key.

Then, when I try to login to the forum, neither my temporary password nor the new password I attempted to create will work, and I have to go through the reset process again to get logged in.

Can a mod or admin help me out here?

Using Google Chrome if that makes a difference.

Hi,

What you're describing was apparently a board-wide issue. We were discussing it in the Board Issues 3 thread pinned above. Ran comments on it there. A day after the problem first cropped up, many of were able to log in with our old passwords again (the ones that initially stopped working) without having to change our passwords. Everything's been working ever since. Might be worth trying your old password again.

Hi,

What you're describing was apparently a board-wide issue. We were discussing it in the Board Issues 3 thread pinned above. Ran comments on it there. A day after the problem first cropped up, many of were able to log in with our old passwords again (the ones that initially stopped working) without having to change our passwords. Everything's been working ever since. Might be worth trying your old password again.

Problem is, I'm not entirely sure what my old password was. I use the "remember me" option, so it has been a year or so (give or take) since I had to actually log in. But if what you say is true, what I thought my old password to be is not correct.

Indeed. Ran has posted elsewhere about what happened and what one must do to fix things. You might have to revalidate your account. You'll need access to the email account you signed up with.

Oh, and when you reset your password in the profile section, the board will sometimes flash an error message. If you've followed all the steps correctly, that error message is bullshit (I had the same problem). Just proceed as normal.

Archived