Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR

Commodore

For me The Prestige, TDK and Batman Begins were much more enjoyable upon subsequent viewings. Batman Begins is highly underrated IMO, I find the first 2/3rds to be pretty solid.

Anyway, I really wish my city had an imax theatre because I'd really like to see this movie in imax. The trailers alone have me longing for one.

For me The Prestige, TDK and Batman Begins were much more enjoyable upon subsequent viewings. Batman Begins is highly underrated IMO, I find the first 2/3rds to be pretty solid.

Liam Neeson's parts in Batman Begins make the movie for me.

Yeah, Insomnia doesn't have anything that really makes it stand out. It's just a standard cop movie but quite well done.

I thought it was OK but wasn't even the best version of the story, I preferred the original Norwegian version with Stellan Skarsgard in the Al Pacino role. I'm not sure it really felt much like a Christopher Nolan film.

It's difficult to imagine Nolan making another remake of a foreign film at this stage of his career.

I thought it was OK but wasn't even the best version of the story, I preferred the original Norwegian version with Stellan Skarsgard in the Al Pacino role. I'm not sure it really felt much like a Christopher Nolan film.

It's difficult to imagine Nolan making another remake of a foreign film at this stage of his career.

It's the only movie of his where he wasn't involved in the writing and it shows.

It's basically the answer to the question "What would Nolan look like directing a movie that isn't his kind of movie?".

And the answer is "Not bad but nothing special".

• 3 weeks later...

First reviews are pouring in and it's seems like the reception is generally favourable. Some complaints about the story being too mushy (?) at times.

http://m.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29799816'> http://m.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29799816

One thing they all agree though is that it looks absolutely stunning.

All of this has not deterred my excitement.

Insomnia is fine but not particularly special. Memento blows it away in every single way, though Robin Williams gives a good performance.

I think it's because we've come to expect that extra spectacular thing in his movies. Whether its non-chronological telling of the story, or a "unique-ish" subject matter, we've come to expect "something different." A linear, detective movie with nothing supernatural or unique seems almost bland. I've watched all his movies and Insomnia was the last one; I kept expecting "something."

I haven;'t gone through all the thread pages but I'd have to say Following is almost as brilliant as Memento...I'm kind of alarmed no one is mentioning it on this page [hopefully someone did in the other pages].

Back on-topic: I can't wait for Interstellar. We only get it two weeks from now, I think. I hope someone starts a thread with spoilers as I don't mind being spoiled.

9.5 on imdb currently, admittedly with only 4,500 reviews. may take a half day off work to catch it this afternoon. i used to hate anne hathaway but after her performances in TDKR and les mis she has grown on me.

Wait, how come you get it a full week ahead of us?

Also, I completely agree on Hathaway. She used to bother me but after her stellar performance in TDKR I'm now a fan.

I actually have no problem with Hathaway but I don't think she was good in DKR, Probably my least favorite part of the movie after Jospeh Gordon Levitt.

I find her annoying. I think I was indifferent before DKR, after that I straight out disliked her. And Brokeback Mountain, she almost ruined it for me.

9.5 on imdb currently, admittedly with only 4,500 reviews. may take a half day off work to catch it this afternoon. i used to hate anne hathaway but after her performances in TDKR and les mis she has grown on me.

I think the metascore of 77/100 is a better indication. To many Nolan fanboys clamoring to vote ;)

I find her annoying. I think I was indifferent before DKR, after that I straight out disliked her. And Brokeback Mountain, she almost ruined it for me.

I think she's an annoyingly bad/overrated actress imo. Disliked her since those stupid princess movies and she was horrible in tDKR.

Meh, I'd contend that Gordon-Levitt isn't a shitty actor. He's just not a very good one.

He played the wooden and (accused) unimaginative type perfectly in Inception. Unfortunately, that's about all he's got in his toolbox.

I think the metascore of 77/100 is a better indication. To many Nolan fanboys clamoring to vote ;)

I think she's an annoyingle bad/overrated actress imo. Disliked her since those stupid princess movies and she was horrible in tDKR.

Ya she was like the embodiment of corny. I don't think shes a shitty actor though like Gordon-Levitt :D

*Al Bundy voice*: "Traitors! Blasphemers!!!!"

Okay I get your points.

Archived