Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR

Commodore

Meh, I'd contend that Gordon-Levitt isn't a shitty actor. He's just not a very good one.

He played the wooden and (accused) unimaginative type perfectly in Inception. Unfortunately, that's about all he's got in his toolbox.

How many things have you actually seen him in?

Cause he's quite a good actor and there's far more then that in his toolbox. (Inception is actually him playing against his usual type)

I'm not a JGL fan but I'll admit that he's a good actor. Though I don't think Inception is a great movie to judge his acting ability on though, he didn't get that much material to work with.

I'll admit part of my excitement for Interstellar is based on seeing Wes Bentley. I've been a huge fan of his since seeing him in American Beauty. It's a shame his career never really took off.

Never caught Don Jon, it just looks awful. But I like him, especially in Brick and 50/50. Him and Anna Kendrick are great in that film.

Either ways, looks like Interstellar will be released here sometime next week, very excited.

Wait, how come you get it a full week ahead of us?

Also, I completely agree on Hathaway. She used to bother me but after her stellar performance in TDKR I'm now a fan.

we don't, i messed my dates up. it comes out next friday here as well.

I think I was the only one to say he's a bad actor so its clearly an unpopular opinion. I've only seen him in Lincoln, Inception, TDKR, 10 Things I hate about you and Angels in the oufield. I thought he was forgettable to downright bad in the first 3 I mentioned, Liked him well enough in 10TIHAY though.

I think I was the only one to say he's a bad actor so its clearly an unpopular opinion. I've only seen him in Lincoln, Inception, TDKR, 10 Things I hate about you and Angels in the oufield. I thought he was forgettable to downright bad in the first 3 I mentioned, Liked him well enough in 10TIHAY though.

I can see why you'd say that about TDKR and Lincoln. In both, his role was so limited and so meh that no matter what he did he'd be poor. I thought he was great in Inception though and the other movies were a long time ago. Definitely watch Brick when you get a chance, not only because JGL is good but because it's an awesome movie.

I just got back from the theatre tonight seeing this, and here are a few of my thoughts.

1. Decent acting (although in places, it was over the top)

2. Nice film work. The cinematography was at times absolutely beautiful

3. Decent pacing. The film kept you emotionally involved all of the way through.

4. Horrible... tragic... and ridiculously stupid writing.

So... If they have to leave earth by using rocket propulsion technology, how is it they just fly willy nilly off every other planet including planets that have over twice the gravitational pull as Earth.

Why is there a fuel issue in using gravitational pull to slingshot a spacecraft around a black hole?

Why does a black hole lead to your daughter's bedroom on the other side of a bookshelf?

How do you communicate quantum physic equations using nothing but an old watch and morse code?

How in the hell does anyone find a man floating around in space?

These are just a few of many poor writing decisions and it really took me out of the film. All in all, because of this, I have to say the movie was just not very good.

Didn't have a look at your spoilers but the sentiment echoed in your points 1-4 are basically the same as those echoed by most reviewers.

Point 4 is the one that has me particularly worried well that combined with the runtime. I don't want to sit there for nearly 3 hrs lamenting the horrible writing.

ETA: I still feel like a kid on Christmas eve though.[emoji85]

Archived