Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR

Commodore

Frey Pies,

It worked on my iPhone but made it very difficult to get out of the website once I was there. Great trailer.

The Spec Fic part is exciting but the personal aspect of this story has really piqued my interest. I can only imagine being faced with the choice of having the opportunity to save my children but only at the cost of never being able to see them again.

What agony that would be to be faced with such a terrible choice.

Frey Pies,

It worked on my iPhone but made it very difficult to get out of the website once I was there. Great trailer.

The Spec Fic part is exciting but the personal aspect of this story has really piqued my interest. I can only imagine being faced with the choice of having the opportunity to save my children but only at the cost of never being able to see them again.

What agony that would be to be faced with such a terrible choice.

Yeah, the relationship between the father and his kids seems really well-realized here. I think Nolan has struggled with his incorporation of emotions in many of his other movies; here, however, he seems to have done a really good job. I'm really excited to see how this film feels in comparison to his other movies, since the majority of the script has been written by John Nolan.

Yeah, the relationship between the father and his kids seems really well-realized here. I think Nolan has struggled with his incorporation of emotions in many of his other movies; here, however, he seems to have done a really good job. I'm really excited to see how this film feels in comparison to his other movies, since the majority of the script has been written by John Nolan.

That interests me as well since I really appreciate how he writes for PoI.

Looking good. Hopefully the son angry at his father for leaving bullshit won't ruin it. Although, the line "love is the one thing that transcends time and space" makes me a bit wary.

Hunger. Appetite. Men gild. Men clothe. Men dance their blind pantomimes But it all comes to love in the end ... Love is the Way.

Actually, I'm also a bit wary of that kind of talk in a movie that might feature aliens.

... Hannibal?

I like Hannibal well enough, but there are two reasons I'd give the nod to PoI.

1. They actually cater to a network schedule of 22-24 episodes and make it work while Hannibal has 13 per season which is more akin to cable shows.

2. PoI has escalated the plot effortlessly and has not been afraid to change the entire game. What they did this past season and where they are going is so much more impressive than the cat and mouse battle between Will/Hannibal.

Both shows are impressive but the escalating scope of Person of Interest makes it more appealing to me.

That interests me as well since I really appreciate how he writes for PoI.

I haven't seen PoI, but since most of Christopher Nolan's best work is done when scripting in collaboration with his brother, it does give me hope that this will be better than TDKR or Inception.

The 'Love is the only thing that transcends time and space' line gives me bad flashbacks to the too-common 'love saves the day' episodes of Doctor Who though.

What the hell is wrong with these people showing emotion and a little faith?

I love the inclusion of the Dylan Thomas poem:

Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night

BY DYLAN THOMAS

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Looking good. Hopefully the son angry at his father for leaving bullshit won't ruin it. Although, the line "love is the one thing that transcends time and space" makes me a bit wary.

Yeah, there's nothing worse than love and the effect it can have on family amirite?

I love the line and was nearly moved to tears by this trailer. I love how this is hard science fiction but also has a strong emphasis on love and family. And in such dark, cynical, snarky times, Interstellar feels like it will be a welcome relief, but not just escapism, as it has important things to say.

I love the line and was nearly moved to tears by this trailer. I love how this is hard science fiction but also has a strong emphasis on love and family. And in such dark, cynical, snarky times, Interstellar feels like it will be a welcome relief, but not just escapism, as it has important things to say.

Agreed 100%

I'm so tired of snark and general shitiness. "Everything was cool until they started talking about love and family and shit."

Fuuuck you.

Archived