Tyrion Targaryen?

VictorCustodio

Tyrion doesn't have the gold Lannister hair, but rather silvery Targ hair. He dreams of dragons. His misshapen limbs are not a natural effect of dwarfism, but could be the result of Tywin/Joanna trying (and failing) to abort Aerys' rape child. Tyrion kills his mother at birth, just like Jon and Dany, the only other (non-Blackfyre) Targs.

It's much more likely that Jaime and Cercei are the secret Targs. Aerys' "first night" comment referred to Tywin and Joanna's wedding, so it would only make sense for their first-born. They share Targaryen traits such as physical beauty, incest, and the coin flip for madness. Cercei's madness in particular contains the paranoia and pyromania that Aerys was famous for, though Joffrey clearly exhibits madness while his siblings do not.

Welcome :cheers: , and be warned that theories about any of Tywin's children being secret Targs are highly unpopular on the boards.

I personally am not sure if I like the theory but the author will hardly ask me.

But many people base their dislike of it not on any facts - there aren't sufficient facts to form a pro or con here - but on the impression that being a Targ descendant would give Tyrion a headstart over other characters in being miraculously magically important for the story. And some who like his charactwr less would rather see him disappear in story oblivion or cruelly punished for his sins. So he should better not be Aerys' son.

But since there have been given only a few hints in the books by Martin to keep our minds busy it would be virtually impossible to clearly predict the future of this theory by now.

Though I believe that there are strong hints that Tyrion will be intensely involved with dragons and may be a "dragonrider" even if he has no Targaeryen blood. Otherwise the whole saddle stuff would be lame. Martin has not built up all these dragon dreams, prophecies, the book knowledge of Tyrion for nothing. Yet the ultimate perspective and the big tragedy of this character may be that he will be the one in the end to bring down the dragons as weapon of mass destruction, that he will be the one to destroy his own biggest dream and with it he will be the one to destroy magic in the world. To have to destroy what is dear to him, in that case for the sake of a greater good, may be a part of Tyrion's tragedy. He does not have to be a Targ descendant for it but it would be fitting.

Actually I think that his craving for Casterly Rock is the big red herring in Tyrion's story, that it will be a sign of his maturing not to want The Rock anymore - and then when Tyrion has grown above wanting it Martin may grant it to him - or not.

So not being Tywin's son and not being entitled to CR may be a big learning step for Tyrion. If this character survives at all he may instead be granted his very basic greatest wishes of personal respect and love but not the outside sign of his station, the Rock. After a badass finale of course :D and fitting with other characters from nobility who will have to learn who they really are without a name tag.

Though it may just as well turn out that only Tyrion himself and a few witnesses or even only we as readers ever find out about Tyrion's dubious paternity, the "official" story impact will be small apart from some people wondering why Viserion likes him so much :)

tPatQ Spoilerish:

Yeah Egg IV left enough

seed for there to be some anywhere really. Brown Ben could even be one, that's a scary thought. :)

Lol. Aegon lV was definitely the Robert of his time. And I'm surprised at you mindchap, how dare you use the endearing moniker of Egg on that douche.

• 2 weeks later...

Tyrion doesn't have the gold Lannister hair, but rather silvery Targ hair. He dreams of dragons. His misshapen limbs are not a natural effect of dwarfism, but could be the result of Tywin/Joanna trying (and failing) to abort Aerys' rape child. Tyrion kills his mother at birth, just like Jon and Dany, the only other (non-Blackfyre) Targs.

It's much more likely that Jaime and Cercei are the secret Targs. Aerys' "first night" comment referred to Tywin and Joanna's wedding, so it would only make sense for their first-born. They share Targaryen traits such as physical beauty, incest, and the coin flip for madness. Cercei's madness in particular contains the paranoia and pyromania that Aerys was famous for, though Joffrey clearly exhibits madness while his siblings do not.

Welcome :cheers: , and be warned that theories about any of Tywin's children being secret Targs are highly unpopular on the boards.

After reading tPatQ, it seems far more likely to me that Jaime and Cersei would be Targaryens than Tyrion.

As the quote above mentions, Cersei exhibits the paranoia displayed by Aerys II. It's also eerily similar to

Rhaenyra once she sits on the Iron Throne and totally shuts King's Landing down

Additionally, Jaime's incredibly aggressive nature is in line with Viserys II as well as

King Aegon II and Prince Aemond

. This is in pretty stark contrast with Tywin, who rarely makes a move that isn't calculated from all angles first.

On the contrary, Tyrion isn't all that quick to anger (considering that he's mocked and ridiculed for his size constantly) and uses his brain much more than his siblings do. Genna Lannister gave us this quote as well, depending on how far you want to look into it:

"Jaime, sweetling, I have known you since you were a babe at Joanna's breast. You smile like Gerion and fight like Tyg and there's some of Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak...but Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you. I said so once to your father's face, and he would not speak to me for half a year."

Guess who is the going to blow the Dragon Horn? Victarion thinks that if someone else blows it and dies that the dragons will immediately choose Victarion as their new master. That is not how it works at all IMO. I think his "volunteers" will all die and Victarion will have to try someone different. He chooses Tyrion because he thinks that Tyrion is "not a man" and may very well survive the "blow." Tyrion does survive, but not because of his stunted self but because he is of Tragaryen decent. Tyrion is confused by his survival as well as begins to question if man and dwarf are so different that a horn can tell the difference between the two. Barristan then confronts Tyrion and tells him that he wasn't completely sure if it was true until he saw Tyrion survive, but now he can say without a single doubt that Tyrion is the bastard son of Aeryes "the Mad King" Targaryen.

Same as Tommen.

It seems Tommen had silvery hair earlier in the story, but it has later turned to golden as well. Don't know where to find the quote, but have seen someone post about it earlier, spoiling my juicy theories... :)

I don't think Tyrion is a Targaryen,if he was one I am pretty sure Tywin would have kill him already. I don't see Tywin the kind of man would raise another man kid.

Tywin could have very well suspected, but never had the proof. Kinslaying is considered vile so he might have not been willing to take a risk.

“You ask that? You, who killed your mother to come into the world? You are an ill-made, devious, disobedient, spiteful little creature full of envy, lust, and low cunning. Men’s laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors, since I cannot prove that you are not mine. To teach me humility, the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wearing that proud lion that was my father’s sigil and his father’s before him. But neither gods nor men shall ever compel me to let you turn Casterly Rock into your whorehouse.”

Tywin could have very well suspected, but never had the proof. Kinslaying is considered vile so he might have not been willing to take a risk.

Since Tyrion was deformed and Joanna died giving birth to him if he had been 'allowed" to die too there would have been no questions asked. It would be totally in character for Tywin to make this happen if he suspected/was aware that Aerys was Tyrion's real father. And if Tyrion wasn't Tywin's son, would it have been kinslaying?

Archived