What great character should have had a pov?

Ser Greg of House House

A Tyrell or a Wildling POV will be great, and I won't count it out yet, I know GRRM has said no new POV, but he often changes his mind on that matters, so, Loras or Willas for the Tyrell (Marg and the QoT may give too much away) and Val for the wildlings.

Was it no new POV, or no new introduced characters will have a POV ?

I have a feeling we will get a Tyrell soon enough seeing as they are hands down the most powerful house in Westeros right now. I have a feeling it would be Loras and would be titled "The Rose on Dragonstone" after the whole Cersei thing plays out and it will reveal the fact that Loras was never injured and it was in fact a plot. I want to say a Night's Watch member will have to be considered, but Melissandre will likely be our eyes and ears on the Wall while Jon is OOC. I wouldn't dismiss Ghost getting a POV, but I doubt it as GRRM has shown he likes to keep things a mystery.

But this is about who I'd like to have, not who I think they will have. I would have loved a Robb chapter, just to confirm my belief that he had a lot of control over his warging abilities, but that is long past and not going to happen.

The Blackfish is my answer, I want to know what he is up to.

Mance Rayder would be nice, it would be cool to get in the heads of Varys or LF, but as many have stated, they would be hard characters to write for and it would ruin the mystery around them.

I think Maester Aemon should have had a POV. I would have really liked to see what he was thinking throughout all the struggles for power he witnessed, and his entire general knowledge base wouldn't hurt either. Also, he is a kind and wise man. We haven't had much of those in Westeros.

Rickon - It drives me crazy sometimes, wondering what's going on with him and Osha. It would be interesting to know how he sees the events around him. His behavior at Winterfell gave us a good idea, but there was so little of it that we heard about. And we could also get some scenes from Shaggydog's eyes that way, which I think would be fascinating as hell.

Ser Shadrich - For another POV in the Vale.

Loras - I would prefer Margaery because she's more in the thick of things, but I think that would give away too much as far as the Tyrells are concerned.

Roose Bolton - For obvious reasons. What goes through his mind to bring him to do some of the things he has done?

Balerion, the old black cat at Kings Landing - Seriously. He's older than sin, and he's been there since the beginning, when his family was murdered.

Robb - From aGoT to aSoS

Ros - From aGoT to AsoS - I know she was created for the series but I really like the angles she allowed D&D to peer around. As POV Martin could have used her in quite the same way--a character close to LF who could give us deeper glimpses of his machinations but only enough to conjure up further intrigue.

The Spider's Bird - From aGoT on - The POV of one of Varys' anonymous spies in KL, this character wouldn't so much have an arc of their own but rather the occasional fly on the wall for some of the Kings Landing intrigue we get to see in the show but not in the books.

Loras - aDwD or TWoW - Gravely injured or not I suspect Loras still has an interesting part to play as the series goes on and I'd like to finally see things from his perspective. I'd love to have his on the ground perspective of the siege of Dragonstone

No matter how intriguing characters like BR, Varys, LF, Euron and Roose may be I think it's pretty obvious that a peek in to those minds would give too many secrets away. I'd say the same for the late Tywin Lannister.

Sandor Clegane. I'm still hopeful it will happen. But mostly I hope lots of Greyjoys will die in the next book because I find their POVS immensly dull and boring.

I have high hopes for future badassery from Sandor, but I think we're better off not getting his POV.

Agree on the Greyjoys. They're mostly dullards, though I like Asha well enough.

Archived