Paul Rudd is Antman!

trickster

If they do go with flashbacks to a younger, active Pym Ant-Man, I wonder if they'll use that actor for potential shows set in the past of the 616 verse like the Peggy Carter miniseries or potentially do a prequel film like X-Men First Class.

A Retro-Avengers film featuring some of the 'second-stringers', like Jim Hammond, Black Knight and various others ('You thought you were the first Avengers team?' Fury says with great mystery in the Age of Ultron stinger) could be awesome. Or they could call the film/team the Invaders instead, since Defenders is being used for a netflix series that should rightfully be called Heroes For Hire.

It would be doubly great since that means Marvel could beat the Distinguished Competition in getting a psuedo-JSA onscreen.

I'm a little underwhelmed by this. If the deal is that Hank Pym is in Marvel cinematic-universe terms an older, retired superhero, that means not only that we miss out on him in favour of Scott Lang, who with all respect is just a less interesting character all round, but also that it's less likely that we'll get the Wasp, who is awesome.

Oh well. We'll see. It might be great.

I'm a little underwhelmed by this. If the deal is that Hank Pym is in Marvel cinematic-universe terms an older, retired superhero, that means not only that we miss out on him in favour of Scott Lang, who with all respect is just a less interesting character all round, but also that it's less likely that we'll get the Wasp, who is awesome.

Oh well. We'll see. It might be great.

The loss of the wasp would be a shame but I guess they could have her as a young co-worker of Lang's?

The loss of the wasp would be a shame but I guess they could have her as a young co-worker of Lang's?

They could, and just might,,, but all of a sudden, they're deciating from thier own source material for reasons that we can only hope will make sense later. Jan & Hank are original Avengers.... I have no idea why they'd be doing this.

Personally, I thought that introducing Hank as a scientist, and Jan,as herself --without Ant Man & Wasp-- would have been more preferable to this. But hey, maybe they'll prove me wrong. I'm wrong about this kind of stuff a lot.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yea, I'm really really annoyed by this.

Given how long it has been on the cards I'm sure there must have been some real meddling with Wright's story. They probably wanted him to use other characters to launch another film or something.

Or he's just been offered a Star Wars film in which case I'd be quite happy :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I like how it appears to be focusing on a family/personal level rather than saving the world. I'm hugely skeptical but Marvel keep proving me wrong do won't be surprised if it's a favourite by the end of the year. It will be worth a cinema ticket if nothing else.

Douglas looks different; he reminds me of the late Dennis Hopper.

I think this is the most underwhelming of the Marvel trailers. I remember being unconvinced about the Guardians when announced/in production, but that first trailer sold me.

I read X-Men growing up (and the 75 spin offs) and never got into the Avengers side of the MU. I know he has a place in the MCU, but right now I'm not sold on Ant Man.

Still, I hope it's good.

Archived