The Sansa/Stannis List: Who else did you used to hate that you are beginning to love?

Fanless Mace

Well, I have grown to like Cersei very much - I felt intense pity with her at the Walk...

When I first read AGOT I thought she was evil, now she's still pretty bad. But I feel pity for her, not hate.

I thought nothing happened in Bran chapters untill my reread. Same with Arya.

On the flip side- Ned, how did I not see all his flaws at the beginning.

And Robert- Hard to forgive rape (even if it was Cersei)

Sansa. I didn't like her at all in AGOT and then I started to pity her and finally openly enjoy her.

And Walder Frey. He is a funny SOB. Actually I think it was David Bradley. I don't know, he is scum and a hypocrite but I can't hate him as I hated before. The Frey are no worse than the Tyrell or the Lannister.

I liked Stannis from the very first time. No, I didn't think he was admirable, but I couldn't help being sympathetic to him though not as much as to Cressen.

Theon was always compelling to me but I admit I was very surprised that he was such a dick in ACOK.

What?

There is really people LIKING Stannis Baratheon?

And liking him MORE after......after what?

Is this a troll thread, isn't it?

No, this isnt a troll thread, but yours is a troll post. I have seen you specifically complain about Stannis fans on numerous occasions, so you are more then well aware of his fandom.

To add to the thread, I have always liked both Stannis and sansa, but the forums made me like sansa alot more for some reason.

I also sort of changed on dany, I like her slightly more on re reads.(not because of her fans lol)

Tywin: Although being the truest sort of evil he is a master strategist and I try to act like him while playing Risk.

Theon: He's a douche but at the moment you understand he's a stranger in his own home you can't pretend he acted out of envy or eagerness to betray. He's a victim, raised to run very fast and hit the first wall.

And I don't see him living another chapter. I really pity him.

Roose Bolton: Same as Tywin, but Roose is more badass. His lines are epic.

Ned? Why?

Ned is not... immune to the prejudices of his time I should say. He is willing to forgive a lot in people he loves, whether it's Arya or Robert and his willingness to plunge the kingdom into war because the heir had the wrong father is not honourable. The Ned in the books is much greyer than the one in the show and I find him much less likeable as a result.

He isn't a bad person though, just not a liked character.

Ned is not... immune to the prejudices of his time I should say. He is willing to forgive a lot in people he loves, whether it's Arya or Robert and his willingness to plunge the kingdom into war because the heir had the wrong father is not honourable. The Ned in the books is much greyer than the one in the show and I find him much less likeable as a result.

Thank you. Yeah, he is very conservative. I agree with some things you said even though I love him. Not the part about the war though. That would be a tough choice for anyone and he tried to handle things diplomatically. I don't think he is morally responsible for the war at all.

Tyrion (especially upon reading ADWD) is really disturbing, annoying, and creepy; most of what he does is asking about where whores go. Jaime, on the other hand (har!), is my favorite Lannister, which is kind of a no-brainer.

This. Tyrion became unbearable in ADWD. Between whores and constant crossbow jokes, I've had enough. He's no one to root for.

Sansa, I never hated her, but she was my least liked Stark at the begining of GoT, but she quickly become my favorite. I always liked Stannis and pity Theon, so, there was no change there. About Jaime...I started to read the books a few weeks before the show aired, but I watch an interview of NCW and he gave a really good description of the character, so I never had the chance to "hate him", in a way NCW spoiled me that Jaime wasn't a complete peace of sh*t from the start LOL.

If I have to say a character that grew on me, it was Sandor. Ned's and Arya's POV show him as a despicable person, and he was rude to Sansa, but as the story goes, he shows there was more to him than meets the eye

As for character I like and now hate:

Dany, Drogo, I can't say I hated Renly, but I really liked him in GoT but all my support to him goes away the momment he try to usurp Stannis claim. Robb, there's a limit of stupidity I can tolerate, and he crossed that limit :p

:bang:

Stop it with this. Its not the full story and just paints Ned off as a monster when he isn't.

"You forget Jon Arryn. You forget Jory Cassel. And you forget this." He drew the dagger and laid it on the table between them; a length of dragonbone and Valyrian steel."

And there.

Ned's motivation for not wanting to support Joffrey's succession goes deeper than that. Ned legitimately believed Cersei to have murdered Jon Arryn and she did take part in crippling his son.

Its basically saying "Cersei should be allowed to get away with murder" if you disagreed with Ned at that point.

He was going to bring Cersei into justice.

I was originally a pretty big Daenerys fan. But as her story went on it just became annoying. "I am the mother of dragons!" this and "I am the rightful queen!" that. I sympathize with her in that she wishes to end slavery, but she also sent that entire region of the world into chaos and pretty much lost sight of her goal in returning to Westeros.

On the flip side, Melisandre has certainly grown on me. I still don't completely trust her, but getting some insight into her head in the last book certainly helped me understand her better. Safe to say I no longer despise her like I did in CoK.

I would say Jaime is the most-improved for me. I still do not think I like him, but as a POV he's improved over the total POS he seemed to be up to that point.

As well, Sansa has improved to the point of being likeable, and with Theon, it's been a wild ride disliked intensely as of ACOK, then the whole Reek thing happens, and aftere that dismal period, finally he has flashes of becoming Theon again.

Stannis Baratheon gets more sympathetic too. Not sure if hard-hearted villain Stannis and righteous upholder of justice Stannis are very different at all.

Archived