What if Tyrion was tall..............

Feliciano69

Sorry not really following. A KG can not marry and I stated Joanna living, which is part of the OP, will mean Jamie will not be KG. So he can marry.

I don't understand, how does Joanna have anything to do with Jaime becoming KG ? It was Cersei's idea that Jaime should join the order so he wouldn't be able to marry anyone.

People are talking about me? :unsure:

Tyrion becomes a knight, he's loved by Tywin and works to further the Lannister cause.

If Jaime joins the Kingsguard, Tyrion marries Lysa, has children and he inherits the Rock. Marriage alliance between Tullys and Lannisters completely changes the power structure of Westeros. He becomes second Twyin, but hopefully less cruel. Lannisters continue to be a strong house.

If Jaime doesn't join the Kingsguard, Tyrion marries another highborn lady (maybe a Redwyne). He helps rule the Westerlands and when Tywin dies, Jaime becomes Lord of Casterly Rock, but Tyrion rules the Westerlands whilst Jaime goes to Tourneys. Maybe appointed to small council, eventually rising to become Hand.

Either way he'd be married young, and whores would go begging from Dorne to the Wall.

My conclussion ?

He would've been THE WORST Lannister by far, leaving Jaime and Cersei to be practically Ghandi and Mother Teresa. Without his handicap I feel his morality would've been completely influenced by Tywin, who would've never had any reason to hate him, and seeing his ambition and intelligence, he quickly would've stepped over Jaime and Cersei.

So the heaps of emotional abuse from daddy were actually actually good for Tyrion? By the virtue of being a total dick, Tywin endowed his son with some sort of a moral spine?

Why didn't that happen before ?

Joanna died right before the Lady Martell showed up with Oberyn and Elia to propose the matches.

I suspect Tywin was still dead set on marying Cersei to Rhaegar, but he might have agreed to let Jaime marry Elia, who was the same "rank" as Lysa but from a house further away.

Joanna died right before the Lady Martell showed up with Oberyn and Elia to propose the matches.

I suspect Tywin was still dead set on marying Cersei to Rhaegar, but he might have agreed to let Jaime marry Elia, who was the same "rank" as Lysa but from a house further away.

:o !

Can't believe I forgot about that.

Tyrion's dwarfonioa is his one defining feature. A Tall Tyrion is simply not Tyrion.

It's like Jon Snow. His whole life is defined by his bastardy. A Jon Snow that is not a bastard is not a Jon Snow.

You don't say Sherlock :lol: ? That's precisely what the topic is for.

Obviously a ruthless, younger version of Tywin is no Tyrion at all, but that's the point, without his dwarfism and the death of his mother, what would he be like ? I think he would be a deplorable human being, the worst Lannister and as evil as Joffrey or Ramsay, but that's just my input.

He wouldn't marry Lysa. Tywin was still supporting the Targaryens at that point and the Tullys were on the rebels side so Hoster needed the Jon Arryn match.

That was later. After Jaime joined the KG, Tywin suggested Tyrion for Lysa but was turned down because Tyrion's a dwarf. Otherwise Tyrion would probably have married Lysa long before the rebellion started.

Jon Arryn needed the Tully match, not the other way round.

If Tyrion wasn't a dwarf, and his mom hasn't died giving birth, Tywin wouldn't have insulted Elia's and Oberyn's mom; Jamie would probably have married Elia, and maybe Cersei would have married Rhaegar, which would mean that Tywin would remain Hand of the King and the Lannisters and probably the Martells would support the Targayren during the War of the Five Kings (Tywin would have felt slighted by Rhaegar infidelity, but he would have fought for his grandchildren, and the Martells would have fought to support Elia's husband, Jamie).

Even if Rhaegar didn't marry Cersei and Jamie didn't marry Elia, and Jamie joined the Kingsguard, Tywin would still have Tyrion as heir, and would have felt less slighted when Aerys "stole" Jamie. He would probably have a stayed Hand of the King and fought for Aerys. He could maybe have helped Rhaegar remove Aerys when he became too unstable in exchange for a marriage alliance between Tyrion and Rhaenys.

Tyrion would be the heir of Casterly Rock instead of Cersei. He could be as smart as "our" Tyrion, or maybe he would have focused on fighting, like Jamie, but, anyways, with Jamie in the Kingsguard, Tyrion would have been groomed as heir to Casterly Rock.

If everything went just like in the books except Tyrion being tall, I think there is a good chance that Jamie would have been released from his vows as a reward for Tywin. I the books Arryn probably knew that Tywin would try to disinherit Tyrion, so keeping Jamie as a kingsguard and marrying Cersei to Robert ensured that Casterly Rock went to Robert's children, but with a tall Tyrion as spare heir for Tywin, that's wouldn't be the case, so Robert wouldn't keep Jamie. Also, with Cersei without chances of ever becoming Lady of Casterly Rock, she wouldn't be as valuable a bride and Jon Arryn might have seeked another alliance for Robert.

Well it appears that was dominant in Domestic considering the line Tywinn ruled the 7 Kingdoms but Joanna ruled Tywinn.

I think to Jamie dream of Joanna. She stated that Tywinn wanted daughter to be Queen and son. Joanna wept when Jamie said that is what happen.

Knight is high honor however it is not as unique as Queen. Joanna may well belive that for Cersei to be Queen Tywinn will go to any length and understand where that can lead.

Martells, having not bend the knee, are as Royal as the Targaryans in many way. Marrying into them can give an heir that can marry into the Targaryans (In theroy). This I think was Joanna plan. Elia will be one Joanna could "lose" on but Cersei is whom Joanna most wants to marry off.

Right that Tywinn wants Cersei to marry into The Targaryans. However Joanna did not. The evidence we are giving is that Joanna was dominate in manners of family.

That was later. After Jaime joined the KG, Tywin suggested Tyrion for Lysa but was turned down because Tyrion's a dwarf. Otherwise Tyrion would probably have married Lysa long before the rebellion started.

Jon Arryn needed the Tully match, not the other way round.

Jamie was only 15 then and Tyrion is even younger. He was under 10 before the rebellion so no marriage would have happened. Young marriages are exceptions not the norm. The rebellion still would have prevented the marriage from happening.

Jon Arryn and Hoster needed each other. Hoster was anxious to find Lysa a match after her "mishap" with LF and the abortion. Jon was a leader with a great house and on the same side as another leader of a great house (Ned) so both of his daughters can marry great lords.

Archived