Disney's Frozen

Jaxom 1974

It hit sexist notes and old school cartoon violence in ways that really irk me. If it was actually old I can deal with it better, but once it was apparent it was newly done it completely pissed me off. That whole sequence with just treating minnie and the horse? donkey? as a sex objects (the latter negatively obviously), then the entire thing minnie is a damsel needing rescuing...Not what I was looking for.

Fair enough.

Hmm, this one didn't really grab me. The story was ok, but nothing special and the music wasn't to my taste. Perhaps it was because it was like a broadway musical? I really miss the tunes of Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. The snowman really grated on me too. Whatever it was, I came out of this one pretty disappointed. If I'm comparing it to Tangled, Tangled was tons better.

That's funny everyone i know loves the snowman =P

My three-year-old has been singing "Would you like to build a snowman" all day long for the last week. It's cute and all but I think my head may soon explode.

My two and a half year old woke up this morning wanting to watch it and where was the DVD? Trying to explain why we didn't have a DVD yet took a couple moments...both kids have been watching YouTube clips from the movie before going to bed for the past few nights...

The kids love it though...

But Disney's had way stronger songs in past animations. The rhyming in just about every song felt forced.

Now, that said, the actual story was a great subversion of the tales Disney usually peddles.

Surprised by this. I thought the songs were actually kinda weak, while the plot and animation were both excellent.

Yeah, Disney's had better soundtracks for sure, but the movie was great. And I was just pleased to see Queen B get bounced. (Schadenfreude.)

My daughter keeps repeating the snowman line, "It's like a itty bitty unicorn." Looked for a clip of that but can't find one.

Overall, we liked it, but the biggest drawback for me was that all the songs sound like Glee versions of Disney songs. Or maybe Smash/Glee songs--sort of lazy, super over produced with big stings *fist pump* and hits.

So for that reason, I found most of the music inane, even if the plot was pretty excellent and the writing otherwise quite good.

I loved it. My daughter loved it. "Let it go" has been on repeat at our house ever since, and we preordered the DVD the minute we came home. It will get a lot of play at my house. I also enjoyed the love story twist. I like the direction Disney is going with strong, feisty princesses. Before Anna came along my daughter's favorite was Merida.

As long as it isn't named Tarzan I'll give it a shot

I didn't dislike it at all the best part was the opening song "Frozen Heart" and the utterly genuine way in which the snow man wants to see Summer.

The rest of the stuff? The fatal flaw of Disney films love fixes all your problems. I understand nowadays I'm outside the target demographic but its still annoying.

Also the movie itself didn't really didn't have any funny parts except for the rock trolls the rest of it felt like they were killing time until the next song.

The movie does get +1 awkward shift for how they handle the death of the parents I saw this movie in a theater that only had about 15 people in it other then the people I bought and none of the younger kids understood what happened to the parents not old enough to understand the meaning of the color black but old enough to remember that no adult had actually answered their question

>Elsa is the Great Other

>Elsa will bring the Long Night

>Elsa is a Targ because silver hair and purple eyes

>because she is Targ, all the people saying that the movie is about lesbian incest are validated

>yfw the dragon has three heads

>Jon actually dies

>Elsa is the third head

>GRRM and Disney are super sekkrit collaborators to pull off an ebin ruse

>mfw total crackpot

I absolutely loved that cartoon. Elsa is my favourite character probably.

Hans was a really good twist too, and the way how they turned the "true love" into "you really want to marry somebody you only met today".

My only criticism is that the opening scene feels disconnected to everything else - after seeing that, I expected to see more of those ice-cutting men, and yet in the end there was just Christoph.

Archived