Am I the only won who hopes jon...

ToTheWolves

I want him to be a Targaryen just so he can walk out of his funeral pyre.

I hope that if he is dead, they make his funeral pyre out of weirwood branches, and then his resurrection could somehow be by the old gods/Bran/BR, or ice and fire.

And his last chapter in DWD, but I kind of don't want him to become king or can't see him wanting to be king unless he sees Robb's will as some sort of homage or respect for Robb or something what do you think or feel?

I'm like you- I don't want him anywhere near the Iron Throne. I'd love to see him learn of his heritage and choose to keep quiet about it. I like to think that the Jon I know would rather be Ned Stark's bastard than Rhaegar's heir.

As Jon described Ghost, that's how I feel about him," He's of the North. He belongs to the Old Gods, that one. "

I'm like you- I don't want him anywhere near the Iron Throne. I'd love to see him learn of his heritage and choose to keep quiet about it. I like to think that the Jon I know would rather be Ned Stark's bastard than Rhaegar's heir.

As Jon described Ghost, that's how I feel about him," He's of the North. He belongs to the Old Gods, that one. "

I agree. I do hope Jon learns the truth of his birth assuming R+L=J, but that it's something more private and personal for him. And as you said, he's of the North. I can't see a realistic situation where he's proclaimed the legit son of Rhaegar and Westeros accepts it and acknowledges him as rightful king.

If he does become king I hope it's for his own merits and role in saving Westeros from the Others, not because of who his parents were.

But like I said earlier, I really hope he ends up nowhere near that stupid iron chair. :leaving:

I agree. I do hope Jon learns the truth of his birth assuming R+L=J, but that it's something more private and personal for him. And as you said, he's of the North. I can't see a realistic situation where he's proclaimed the legit son of Rhaegar and Westeros accepts it and acknowledges him as rightful king.

If he does become king I hope it's for his own merits and role in saving Westeros from the Others, not because of who his parents were.

But like I said earlier, I really hope he ends up nowhere near that stupid iron chair. :leaving:

thats not exactly how I see him becoming king. Once Stannis is gone he will be the only claiment who will be doin anything about the true threat, after some undeniable proof starts of the Other's return happens in Westeros (mass graves of fallen soldiers in the Riverlands becoming wightified) many(not all) will naturally turn to the NW or what remains of it for help and guidance. Jon realizing Westeros needs to stand united if they are to win will begin looking for a way to make it so. Once he rallies his supporters as KITN he will discover his parentage. His parentage will be used by Jon as a tool to convince all of the more conservative lords that he is the rightful king. He will start out as a king by his own merits but use his lineage as a tool.

thats not exactly how I see him becoming king. Once Stannis is gone he will be the only claiment who will be doin anything about the true threat, after some undeniable proof starts of the Other's return happens in Westeros (mass graves of fallen soldiers in the Riverlands becoming wightified) many(not all) will naturally turn to the NW or what remains of it for help and guidance. Jon realizing Westeros needs to stand united if they are to win will begin looking for a way to make it so. Once he rallies his supporters as KITN he will discover his parentage. His parentage will be used by Jon as a tool to convince all of the more conservative lords that he is the rightful king. He will start out as a king by his own merits but use his lineage as a tool.

I can see a scenario like this. Especially if Robb's will comes into play naming Jon his heir. However, we still have to consider Bran and particularly Rickon as he's likely to reappear soon with Davos, and whether Jon accepts Sansa as disinherited depending on the state of her marriage to Tyrion. I could see him as more of a regent for Rickon, giving council and leading the armies, rather than as king himself.

I can see a scenario like this. Especially if Robb's will comes into play naming Jon his heir. However, we still have to consider Bran and particularly Rickon as he's likely to reappear soon with Davos, and whether Jon accepts Sansa as disinherited depending on the state of her marriage to Tyrion. I could see him as more of a regent for Rickon, giving council and leading the armies, rather than as king himself.

I know! IT'S GONNA GET GOOD! Though I think Jon may make a compromise with Rickon's supporters just to be King Regent until Rickon comes of age. Though Rickon will never actually become KOTN due to Jon become KOT7K, he will just become the Lord of Winterfell and North. I don't see Bran ever leaving that Cave unfortunately. But I see him becoming a sort of political ally via Weirnet for Jon. Using the Weirnet Bran will give knowledge of Jon's political opponents to Jon using his ski changing capabilities to spy on them. Similar to how Bloodraven, Bran's skinchanging teacher, used his skinchanging abilities when he was Hand.

I also don't see Jon ruling from the Red Keep. I think Cersei will succeed in burning at least the Red Keep and that damnable Iron Throne with it.

I see Harrenhal being Jon's seat until the Red Keep is rebuilt as Harrenhal has been repeatedly described as a seat for Kings.

Come on, everyone knows that a fantasy realm just can't survive without a Chosen One with a secret heritage and ancient royal blood in charge. The poor normal people just aren't good enough for the job.

Haha. It's like people think the Iron Throne is some reward for doing what you are supposed to do. If this was the case, then most people should have it. People act like Jon has had so many hardships in the world, especially with Cat not loving him. WTF ever.

So he's a bastard, he is the acknowledged son of the Lord of Winterfell. He never had to worry about where his next meal would come from or if he would have to sleep outside in the elements. He trained with little lordlings. He can read and write, which is a precious gift to some people. More than Gendry or Rasmay ever got a times. What about Pod before hitching his coattails to Tyrion? These people have also had to endure hardships at times. More than likely at a younger age then Jon, they had no one in the world.

So what he doesn't have a mother? Are we forgetting about all the others who lost their mothers too? Ned, Cat, Jaime, Cersei, Tyrion, Lysa, Dany, Sansa, Arya and a crap load of other people. He really isn't special in this regard.

Yea it sucks that he doesn't know who she is, but it could be worse.

Same problem that I have with Rhaegar at times. He didn't do anything that others didn't have to do also. So why is he so special and not all the other men and women who have had an arranged marriages and would one day have great responsibilities? Why does he get allowances made for him but not others at times at least from some people.

Jon should never accept the targaryen name, he should either remain snow or accept Stark. His mother's name.

Why? His mother is more important than his father? We don't know the story yet so it seems a bit premature to make claims like this. I could definitely agree to his taking the Stark name in honor of Ned but other wise, we'll have to wait and see what the deal is with his parents.

Jon should never accept the targaryen name, he should either remain snow or accept Stark. His mother's name.

he will want to but that's one of the tragedies of Jon's story his loss of his Stark identity. He will take the Targaryen name as is his duty but will always wish he were a Stark.

he will want to but that's one of the tragedies of Jon's story his loss of his Stark identity. He will take the Targaryen name as is his duty but will always wish he were a Stark.

I completely disagree that finding out about his parents will mean the loss of his Stark identity. His Stark upbringing completely defines him. He will never loss that. What's more, there's nothing to make him loose it. Taking the Targaryen name does nothing to change or influence his character. It would be different if he were suddenly in the midst of a huge and strong Targ family but he won't be. He'll forever be Ned's boy no matter whether his last name is Snow, Stark or Targaryen. Or something else!

Why does he have to sit the throne to protect the realm? Furthermore if he is not dead, lets say he is brought back or whatever your idea is, does that exempt him from his vows? If he were married, would that count as a till death do us part divorce?

If his wife was the one that murdered him, certainly.

Would you accept that Jon has fulfilled his vows if the Night's Watch uphold the tradition of saying "And now his Watch is ended" when they put him on his funeral pyre?

Incidentally, do you consider Waymar Royce an Oathbreaker? What about Coldhands?

Jon using this technical plot of being freed from vows,is ridculous and out of character imo. Until the wall breaks down..I do not see Jon deserting NW...given how..Marsh and the other stabbers were crying and seemed like they were under some control when they stabbed him...He will probably investigate this matter through Ghost and once he is back in his own body ..resume his duty.

Thing is, I don't think anybody, anywhere believes Jon is going to pop up and go "Cheers for stabbing me, dicks. Best of luck with The Others" and then piss off to the Summer Islands or whatever. He's going to continue to fight the Others, whether he's bound by oath to do so or not.

The question is, what happens when the battle is done. If The Others are defeated and I mean really really defeated, is Jon really going to have to spend the rest of his second life hanging about the big lake where The Wall used to be?

Why would the Vale, Riverlands, and Iron Islands ever give a shit about Jon? At least, the North can be somewhat satisfied that he is a semi-Stark while all those others are independent regions with their own unique traditions which Jon doesn't fulfill any.

Well, if he saves the realm that would be a fairly big reason.

Other than that, Jon is in a fairly unique position politically: His cousin could well be the next Lady of The Vale, he grew up with the rightful Lord of the Iron Islands, the rightful Lords of both the Storm Lands and the Westerlands like, or at least respect him, and the rightful Lord of the Riverlands is bound by Robb's will to recognise Jon as his King.

That leaves the Reach and Dorne, and the heir to one of the major Houses in the Reach happens to be Jon's mate's brother. Randyll might hate Sam but there's no suggestion that Dickon does.

With all that said, I don't really want to see Jon sit the Iron Throne either. It would be a bit too "happily ever after" for my liking. I'd honestly rather see Jon sacrificing himself to save the realm, leaving Stannis to rule. Stannis has evolved so much throughout the series that I think he deserves it, and him finally getting to rule, with the constant knowledge that Jon would've been a better King, would certainly be bittersweet.

If his wife was the one that murdered him, certainly.

Would you accept that Jon has fulfilled his vows if the Night's Watch uphold the tradition of saying "And now his Watch is ended" when they put him on his funeral pyre?

Incidentally, do you consider Waymar Royce an Oathbreaker? What about Coldhands?

Thing is, I don't think anybody, anywhere believes Jon is going to pop up and go "Cheers for stabbing me, dicks. Best of luck with The Others" and then piss off to the Summer Islands or whatever. He's going to continue to fight the Others, whether he's bound by oath to do so or not.

The question is, what happens when the battle is done. If The Others are defeated and I mean really really defeated, is Jon really going to have to spend the rest of his second life hanging about the big lake where The Wall used to be?

Well, if he saves the realm that would be a fairly big reason.

Other than that, Jon is in a fairly unique position politically: His cousin could well be the next Lady of The Vale, he grew up with the rightful Lord of the Iron Islands, the rightful Lords of both the Storm Lands and the Westerlands like, or at least respect him, and the rightful Lord of the Riverlands is bound by Robb's will to recognise Jon as his King.

That leaves the Reach and Dorne, and the heir to one of the major Houses in the Reach happens to be Jon's mate's brother. Randyll might hate Sam but there's no suggestion that Dickon does.

With all that said, I don't really want to see Jon sit the Iron Throne either. It would be a bit too "happily ever after" for my liking. I'd honestly rather see Jon sacrificing himself to save the realm, leaving Stannis to rule. Stannis has evolved so much throughout the series that I think he deserves it, and him finally getting to rule, with the constant knowledge that Jon would've been a better King, would certainly be bittersweet.

In the end Jon will defeat Dany,

Gods i hope this happens. Hang the throne, if Jon defeats Dany, ill hoist many goblets to his name forevermore!

If Jon survives the story, i see him ruling something. If not the entire realm, than either the North, or back to the Watch as LC.

Yes exactly, jon sitting the iron throne seems a little to happily ever after to me. I don't want to see him die either BUT I don't want him to have it quite so easy either...I read somewhere on here that GRRM said something about jon "going down a dark path" or "not being the same" as for that idk for sure but I hope when the time comes the solution of his "resurrection" or whatever is going to happen isn't so "hocus pocus...now jon is king in the blink of an eye" lol

Archived