Will Arianne be able to seduce and control (f)Aegon?

It's all very double.

For starters I think Faegon is still a virgin (people pointed out his sheltered youth) and he has his mind set on marrying Dany for now.

Arianne still has the question about whether or not he's legit before she jumps in the sack with him. As an official representative of Dorne it's also very important that she keeps up a good character (talking smut is okay, but jumping into bed with him would probably be a bridge to far initially).

I do believe both will find the other not hard to look at.

A likelier candidate for Faegon's mistress imo is Arianne's cousin (Elia Sand aka Lady Lance, eldest daughter of Ellaria and Oberyn). She's about the same age as Faegon, she loves riding horses and jousting and as a bastard (especially Oberyn's bastard) she has more freedom to show that she's willing.

Only when news of Quentyn's demise reaches Faegon's party Arianne will decide that she wants to marry him. I believe even then Faegon will be hesitant and that only a victory from the Ironborn over the Tyrells, which would create a powervaccuum which he could exploit by using the Dornish spears will force his hand.

And then he'll marry Arianne.

There is a couple of year difference between Lady Lance and fAegon, but ... in this world that doesn't mean much.

I can see Lady Lance trying to seduce him, maybe. Though it might be that neither are attracted to the other. Who knows.

Arrianne seems to like either dark-haired-men-with-widow's-peaks, like her uncle, or, blonde -haired-dragons (she was attracted to Darkstar because he looked Valeryon-ish). So I could see her trying to seduce Aegon based on physical attraction.

Though maybe it will be for political reasons that she tries to seduce him.

ETA: It was meant to quote Veltigar's post but for some reason it didn't work

I completely disagree with those who accuse Aegon of being a tool , a jerk , etc etc - being rude once to a guy from a family that raped your mother and killed her together with your sister (and also killed your grandfather) - doesn't make you a jerk.

he might turn out to be a total dushe but - as of ADWD - there is no proof of this.

However we do know that he is impulsive (quite normal for his age), he is also probably horny (again normal for his age) and given his upbringing he is probably still a virgin, at beast maybe somebody took him to a pleasurehouse once or twice - and even in this case he still is psychologically still very inexperienced in the matters of sex. So unless he is gay, not just sensual seductress like Arianne, but virtually any pretty girl coudl easily tempt him. Now look how Arianne ws able to manipulate Arys - who was older than Aegon and though maybe also a virgin - but he has seen things, he had been to court, he has met many beautiful ladies - and yet Arianne virtually draw him to an early grave.

I believe soducing Aegon will be a piece of cake for Arianne. And as every teenager tries to rebel against parents to certain degree (and when rebelling tries to follow the opinions of friends and beyfriends/gilfriends) - I think similarily Aegon will start gardually rebelling against his parent figures - JonCon and Septa Lemore and try to follow the advices of someone he belives understands him better.

So yes, I believe Arianne will be able to seduce and manipulate Aegon. I I expected them to live long enough then I could predict that at certain moment he could start resenting her too, but I guess the poor lad has not much time left....

In the Winds of Winter chapter, she is told about Jon Connington and realizes that she may not be able to use her body on a man like him. I feel like it very well will be Connington VS Arianne for control over fAegon. FAegon will find her attractive, but Connington will have his eye on her and will not be fooled by her looks. This may turn into a shoulder angel battle in which fAegon has to choose what is best for him. As of right now, Connington wants the Martell's help, so it won't turn into a Tyrell VS Lannister deal, but Connington will still be very weary of Arianne, and Arianne will still be very weary about Connington, for the sake of her father and Dorne. I am really excited about the exchanges between these two.

There is a couple of year difference between Lady Lance and fAegon, but ... in this world that doesn't mean much.

I can see Lady Lance trying to seduce him, maybe. Though it might be that neither are attracted to the other. Who knows.

Arrianne seems to like either dark-haired-men-with-widow's-peaks, like her uncle, or, blonde -haired-dragons (she was attracted to Darkstar because he looked Valeryon-ish). So I could see her trying to seduce Aegon based on physical attraction.

Though maybe it will be for political reasons that she tries to seduce him.

ETA: It was meant to quote Veltigar's post but for some reason it didn't work

Any idea on how much? I believe LL is 14/15 and Faegon is like 16/17 no? Hardly a big difference.

Sorry for the late reply.

No, there is not a huge, difference, but there is still a difference. I thought you were saying they were the same age - as in exactly the same age.

If Aegon is real (I don't believe that, but if he is) then he'd be about 18, maybe going on 19 (could be wrong, I'm terrible at maths), and I believe LL is 14 (Do we know if she has just turned 14 or if she is going on 15?).

You are right though, it isn't that much of a difference in ages, but it might be to them (or it might not, Rhaegar and Lyanna had a bigger gap in ages) but what if he is fake and isn't the same age as the "real" Aegon? What if he is younger but believes he is older?

Who knows.

Anyway, yes, I do think Arianne will be able to seduce him, if she so wanted to. Or, she may not even have to anything, if her looks are what they seem to be, and if fAegon is as inexperienced as he seems to be.

Any idea on how much? I believe LL is 14/15 and Faegon is like 16/17 no? Hardly a big difference.

If Aegon is real (I don't believe that, but if he is) then he'd be about 18, maybe going on 19 (could be wrong, I'm

Isildur is right, we don't really know Aegons age because most of us believe he is not Rhaegars son. I believe Tyrion estimated his age to be somewhere in the teens like Veltigar said, however he is at least claiming to be around 20-21 at this point. My reasoning for this is that it had been 18 years from Roberts rebellion at the start of A Game of Thrones and many people agree it has been around 2 years at least. Since Aegon was already born before Kings Landing fell he would have to be at the very least 20.

Isildur is right, we don't really know Aegons age because most of us believe he is not Rhaegars son. I believe Tyrion estimated his age to be somewhere in the teens like Veltigar said, however he is at least claiming to be around 20-21 at this point. My reasoning for this is that it had been 18 years from Roberts rebellion at the start of A Game of Thrones and many people agree it has been around 2 years at least. Since Aegon was already born before Kings Landing fell he would have to be at the very least 20.

The dwarf put his age at fifteen, sixteen, or near enough to make no matter.

Same age as Dany. A little younger than Jon. Probably 18 months to two years younger than Rhaegar's first son.

But Tyrion has been off on ages before, we can't truly know if what he guessed was right or not. He had originally guessed that Jon was 12 when he was actually 14 going on 15.

fAegon could be younger or he could be older than Jon, we just don't know yet. And fAegon may believe he is one age but is actually another - depending on if he is real or not.

But Tyrion has been off on ages before, we can't truly know if what he guessed was right or not. He had originally guessed that Jon was 12 when he was actually 14 going on 15.

fAegon could be younger or he could be older than Jon, we just don't know yet. And fAegon may believe he is one age but is actually another - depending on if he is real or not.

I don't think Tyrion was guessing. I think Tyrion was putting the boy down.

She won't have to Seduce him, in fact I'll say it will happen the other way around. The REAL Aegon (he is real) will captivate Arianne, he will have her hanging on his every word, she will declare for him and the Golden Company. Dorne will rise and they will march on Kings Landing.

Marching on KL would be a risky move as Mace still has a large army there, and without a navy they can't lay siege to KL. Besides, the Tyrells still have forces in the Reach that can come to aid them should that happen.

Aegon is still a boy, and politically inexperienced compared to Arianne. I don't think he is real either with the clus pointing to him being fake.

Marching on KL would be a risky move as Mace still has a large army there, and without a navy they can't lay siege to KL. Besides, the Tyrells still have forces in the Reach that can come to aid them should that happen.

Aegon is still a boy, and politically inexperienced compared to Arianne. I don't think he is real either with the clus pointing to him being fake.

Ok if Mace goes to take Storms end, he will lose the Reach to the Greyjoy's, this should free a path to KL for ®Aegon. If he doesn't march on KL he has a castle that can't be taken by Mace.

Ok if Mace goes to take Storms end, he will lose the Reach to the Greyjoy's, this should free a path to KL for ®Aegon. If he doesn't march on KL he has a castle that can't be taken by Mace.

Faegon ;)

I definitely agree that this will happen at least to some degree, the Ironborn will do something somehow. I know people have discussed the lopsidedness of the balance of forces with the ironborn not having the iron fleet and the tens of thousands of warriors still in the Reach both at Highgarden and Oldtown, but something has to happen, Euron is no fool and dragon or not loosing his entire fleet/army cannot possibly be his plan. I also think it is likely that Tarly will lead his army on Storms end and defect, or if it is Mace Tyrell that he will get roflstomped the way people have suggested, ie lake tresamine, elephants running people into very cold water. It is possible that the Dornish will come out of the boneway marching towards Oldtown and that this will give the ironborn the opening they need.

According to TWoW Arianne II, after SE has fallen Mace sends an army of 20,000 men to take SE, and Connington is marching out to meet them.

It is possible that the Dornish will come out of the boneway marching towards Oldtown and that this will give the ironborn the opening they need.

If the Ironborn attack when the Dornish are marching on Oldtown, that would run the risk of being caught between two armies, or simply crushed against the Walls of Oldtown.

Archived