D+A=R

CassBlackfyre

Everyone that i've seen (so far) seems pretty set on Dany and Aegon/Aegriff/fAegon being enemies, wouldn't it be more likely (or just my wishful thinking) for Dany and Aegon to be allies? to wed? For dany to continue the targ line she needs must have a Targaryen husband, even if he is a pretender, a blackfyre is still a targaryen. The combined strength of Dorne, the GC, Dragons(?) the Iron fleet(?) Unsullied, freedmen and the other ragtag bunch of swellswords would surely be able to conquer the IT.

Wouldn't Dany be happy to know that her brothers son had lived? and Aegon to be stoked about the prospect of his Auntie bringing Dragons(?) to westeros?

I know that TPatQ and the last books title might be foreshadowing another war between Targaryens

, but it just seems counter-productive for Aegon and Dany to be enemies. they both want the same thing, and they're both of the same bloodline. To me it just makes for them to wed, and bring another Rhaegar targaryen into the world :P

Thoughts?

Hmm Incesting.

"Will you make a song for him?" the woman asked. "He has a song," the man replied. "He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of incest and fire." He looked up when he said it and his eyes met Dany's, and it seemed as if he saw her standing there beyond the door. "There must be one more," he said, though whether he was speaking to her or the woman in the bed she could not say. "The dragon has three heads."

It's funny I was just thinking the same thing last night. It makes a ton of sense, even if Aegon does end up being a Blackfyre, because you still want to try and keep the blood of the dragon pure, and they each have their own armies so it would make a lot of sense for them to join forces against their enemies like the Ironborn or Lannisters than it would for them to wreck each others when a political marriage would help avoid the bloodshed.

The only wrench in the works would be if Arianne marries Aegon before Dany gets back. And in all likelihood a battle between the two seems unavoidable. But in theory it would be a great idea.

elaborate

By definition any child of hers is a child of hers... therefore continuing her line.

If you mean her last name, houses have continued through the female line repeatedly, even within the current series Ramsay and Tyrion both planned to continue the "Stark" line through girls. Basically kids can take the mother's name if that's the important one.

Even your own argument relies on this since you're saying Aegon is "Targaryen" by being a "Blackfyre" which itself went extinct in the male line thanks to Barristan decades earlier.

If you ignore this you're saying Aegon is not even a blackfyre, certainly not a Targaryen because he inherited his name from a girl.

In conclusion, if a line can continue through the female line then Dany can marry whoever she wants. Or if a line cannot continue through the female line then Aegon is not remotely a Targaryen and not an option for Dany to continue her line. Either way Aegon is irrelevant for Dany continuing her line.

ETA: In regards to keeping "dragon blood" pure - it's already been diluted to less than 1% since Aegon the Conqueror... doesn't really matter.

By definition any child of hers is a child of hers... therefore continuing her line.

If you mean her last name, houses have continued through the female line repeatedly, even within the current series Ramsay and Tyrion both planned to continue the "Stark" line through girls. Basically kids can take the mother's name if that's the important one.

Yes i meant house, Ramsay and Tyrion weren't planning on calling their kids stark, i'm pretty sure of that.

ETA: you're talking about matrilineal marriages and thats not what Ramsay or Tyrion had with jeyenarya or with sansa. but the point is there, Dany could marry anybody matrinlineally and have targaryen kids. so i stand corrected.

Aren't those three heads Dany, Jon and widely accepted Tyrion. It will be interesting if it was Aegon.

(al

:bang: No there is but one head. Until someone rides a dragon and is Daenerys, there IS but one dragon head. Jon and Tyrion MAY, in the future, be the dragons's heads (I hope for Tyrion and Bran), but they AREN'T the Dragon's heads

You know what would blow my mind? If Jon snow is a targ and he marries someone who isnt related to him. If Aegon is really aegon, and he marries someone random. If Dany wins the throne and marries someone who isn't related to her. If feel like this book has desensitized a lot of people about incest. I'd like for us to go back to the days where everyone was at least a little disgusted by the targs and their incest ways.

Archived