Your Literary Fetish

Multaniette

It can be anything from angsty classical heroes, hulking barbarian giants to innocent, little farmboys/girls-turned-superhuman-protagonists. A setting or a stereotype that you just can't get enough off, whose presence in a book will cause you to pick it up no matter how big of a suck the rest of it is.

Happy endings, sad endings, talking chickens, croaning witches - anything goes.

It can be anything from angsty classical heroes, hulking barbarian giants to innocent, little farmboys/girls-turned-superhuman-protagonists. A setting or a stereotype that you just can't get enough off, whose presence in a book will cause you to pick it up no matter how big of a suck the rest of it is.

Happy endings, sad endings, talking chickens, croaning witches - anything goes.

I only say this because Ive been seriously drinking and won't remember in the morning, but I sometimes rather enjoy reading bodice rippers with Scottish protaganists.

I love me some intense, tragic heores; the kind of guys who are intelligent, angsty and snarky all at once, could willingly barbecue an entire village for their beloved because they're messed up like that, and probably have some sort of dark past to make it plausible (barely). The rest of the story could be pants for all I care, but if there's a guy like that hidden in there, I'm going to be shamelessly hooked. :blush:

I have a thing for smart-ass thieves/rogues/assassins too, especially if they repeatedly make the 'hero' look like an idiot. :D

Heroes that are physically, intellectually, and morally perfect. Objectivism. Chickens that aren't really chickens. Wise-cracking dragons, talking wolves. Really really evil sorceresses that require very little to turn them to the side of good. Powerful wizards who don't know how to comb their hair. Little girls getting their teeth kicked in. Peace protesters getting hacked to bloody peices by an armed mob. Just to name a few.

Archived