Your Literary Fetish

Multaniette

I like characters who are very intelligent and competent, but not actually wise at all.

Someone who's very good at coming up with an intricate plan and pulling it off, but who never pauses to ask himself if it's a good plan to even TRY pulling off to begin with.

I like these characters because I think it's hilarious the way they create problems for themselves just by never thinking "Yes, I CAN do this, but SHOULD I?"

I love anything with comradery and fellowships.

I love the sad, quite quiet but heroic character in the background, like Lupin or Beric.

I love people talking through battle strategies. Obviously battles too, but I love all the planning for some reason.

Kickass behemoth berserking barbarians who don't give a fuck: Conan, Logen Ninefingers, Karsa Orlong, Strong Belwas, Cnaiur, Derfel, Earl Ragnar

Dark, silent, brooding (but not whining), mysterious, tough, honest and just warriors of great skill: Lan, Aragorn, Ned (a little like this), Kallam,Neil MeqVren

Effective use of archers in battles. Big fan of bows and bowhunting, have made my own bows and it actually seems ridiculous how little archery is effective in like any fantasy. It was fun to read about them in Cornwell's Grail Quest series though and I guess they use them effectively in WoT.

Archived