Religions of people in Essos?

TheNiggardlyBastard

Essos, unlike Westeros, has many religions but all have little to no depth with the exception of R'Hollor [how Martin pronounces that I'd really like to know]. The Dothraki for instance worship the Great Stallion and believe in the prophecy of the Stallion Who Mounts the World. The Lhazareen worship the Great Shepherd. The Valyrians of old used to worship many gods whom Aegon the Conqueror named his three dragons after. Beyond that there are the Moonsingers [most popular in Braavos], local gods like the Black Goat of Qohor, and of course the Many-Faced God of the Facelesss Men, who believe that all gods are in reality just different "faces" of the one true god: death. There are a few more [like Mother Rhoyne, worshipped by the Orphans of the Greenblood] but as I mentioned before none have the depth or history that the Westerosi religions do.

Also, since Essos is really flat and bland compared to Westeros and has no native POVs you won't get much more insight into the continent's religions than what I have listed above sadly.

Archived