Roberts Rebellion movie anyone?

BryndenTullys#1fan

Since it is known that HBO will outpace GRRM at some point, wouldn't it make sense for a movie to be made to buy a year or so for DoS to be written?

I'm thinking a movie starting off with The Tournment at Harrenhall and having a climax of Robert rubying the Ruby Ford and ending with my favorite battle in the books, the showdown at the ToJ.

Sean Bean will of course have to reprise his role as Eddard Stark, with some CGI to make him look younger.

Any thoughts? Doesn't sound like something that will happen, but as always, it's fun to speculate.

better a different series

Game of Thrones: War of the Usurper (or something)

there was a lot of stuff that lead up to Harrenhall. Maybe a few episodes to establish stuff like Tywin resigning over Jamie becoming hand, Cersei convincing Jamie to join the KG, ...

I see them doing the dunk and egg series before a Roberts rebellion, their already written which makes writing them easier and their shorter so they buy them just enough time to wait on George.Also they provide a lot of history to the world that would be tough to put in to the main series I.e the blackfyres

Since it is known that HBO will outpace GRRM at some point, wouldn't it make sense for a movie to be made to buy a year or so for DoS to be written?

I'm thinking a movie starting off with The Tournment at Harrenhall and having a climax of Robert rubying the Ruby Ford and ending with my favorite battle in the books, the showdown at the ToJ.

Sean Bean will of course have to reprise his role as Eddard Stark, with some CGI to make him look younger.

Any thoughts? Doesn't sound like something that will happen, but as always, it's fun to speculate.

Sean Bean won't be reprising his role as Ned Stark. If the movie is made, it will done with all new actors and chances are some of the story line will be twicked for various reasons. For example, if it were me. I would make Rhaegar a widower whose wife died giving birth to Dany and not someone who will be involved in an either bigamous or affair outside the marriage. It will be important for Rhaegar to be portrayed as sympathetic character since the movie will likely focus on romantic relationship between Rhaegar and Lyanna. It will have to have Romeo and Juliet type of feel to the relationship.

Sean Bean won't be reprising his role as Ned Stark. If the movie is made, it will done with all new actors and chances are some of the story line will be twicked for various reasons. For example, if it were me. I would make Rhaegar a widower whose wife died giving birth to Dany and not someone who will be involved in an either bigamous or affair outside the marriage. It will be important for Rhaegar to be portrayed as sympathetic character since the movie will likely focus on romantic relationship between Rhaegar and Lyanna. It will have to have Romeo and Juliet type of feel to the relationship.

Which is why I am not sure whether I want them making it at all. Their simplifying of the characters/plots had done enough damage already, imo.

Hmmm, I have this faintest recollection reading a GRRM interview where he straight out said that making a movie or a series about RR would be silly, since everyone knows what happens and who wins. While we readers can dream about it, I wouldn't expect GRRM taking any active steps towards making it happen... :)

I'd love a Robert's Rebellion movie just for the sake of having it, giving needed time for the books to catch up would be a bonus. I'd guess it should start even before, maybe with the tourney at Harrenhal, to set up all the relationships, alliances, suspicions, etc. As much as I loved Sean Bean as Ned, I think they'd need to recast such a movie with a youthful cast. We need a hot, long haired Robert looking like a muscled maiden's dream and a good match in Rhaegar, for the fight and for Lyanna and the rest of the ladies, me included, LOL

The problem with a Robert's Rebellion prequel, whether it be a show, miniseries, movie, or book(s), is that it would almost have to make the story of what happened with Rhaegar and Lyanna explicit.

And that would therefore (probably) give the answer to one of the bigger mysteries of the series: the identity of Jon Snow's parents.

The problem with a Robert's Rebellion prequel, whether it be a show, miniseries, movie, or book(s), is that it would almost have to make the story of what happened with Rhaegar and Lyanna explicit.

And that would therefore (probably) give the answer to one of the bigger mysteries of the series: the identity of Jon Snow's parents.

then they can do it a couple years from now , when the facts surrounding that are more thoroughly flushed out

Not necessarily. It would have to reveal some stuff, of course - like the fact that Rheagar did not kidnap and rape Lyanna. But the R+L=J could still be "hidden".

Could be, of course doesn't mean would be

I am almost positive at some point Sean Bean appears as Ned again in the series.

Archived