Will Theon tell Stannis the truth about the stark kids

dragonsrule

Stannis and Jon "Behead this creature Reek for killing the Stark boys and betraying the family..." Theon "Noo! I didnt kill them!!!" In walks Davos with Rickon...

Great!

Davos and Rickon: "Hey guys what's going on here? Guess what I saw unicorns and cannibals! Should we just wait over here for this ceremony to be done then?"

I don't think he will admit it for redemption, I think he will admit it to save himself right before Stannis swings the sword. It is one of the last chess pieces he has and he needs to use it only when he is in "any last words" position.

However, that might all go to waste if Stannis encounters Wyman Maderly or Davos Seaworth in the near future. Wyman will tell Stannis that Davos is going to get Rickon, or Davos himself will return with Rickon. If one of these things happens first, then there goes on of Theon's reasons to being more useful alive.

There are many reasons to keep Theon alive so I think that he keeps their survival secret until his other reasons for living have run out.

Unless he also admits to having the miller's boys killed and flayed - and having the miller and his wife killed so nobody could discover the truth - then there's no real redemption in admitting that he lied about the Starks. And Theon hasn't yet fully accepted that what he did - or had done - to those boys isn't any less horrific just because they're not Starks.

Stannis is a just man though, so even if he does believe Theon, he'll be sentenced to death. Stannis might agree to carry this sentence out the old way, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Theon is sent to the wall. Not to take the black either.

• 4 weeks later...

rickon will have the swords from the crypts that lady talked to theon about for more evidence possibly even though hes very young he would probably keep them or osha would know they had sentimental value.

also i think jon will get to see theon again at some point and since he never killed his brothers and only took winterfell to impress his dad jon might have some understanding about that considernig he only ever wanted to be his fathers son.

and doesnt stannis think he was responsible for robbs death with the leeches so he would have a cheek to get on at theon for betraying him by siding with his father and the rest of the ironborn against the people he was a hostage of.

I don't think he will admit it for redemption, I think he will admit it to save himself right before Stannis swings the sword. It is one of the last chess pieces he has and he needs to use it only when he is in "any last words" position.

However, that might all go to waste if Stannis encounters Wyman Maderly or Davos Seaworth in the near future. Wyman will tell Stannis that Davos is going to get Rickon, or Davos himself will return with Rickon. If one of these things happens first, then there goes on of Theon's reasons to being more useful alive.

There are many reasons to keep Theon alive so I think that he keeps their survival secret until his other reasons for living have run out.

Stannis' sense of justice will have Theon hang anyway, because he killed a bunch of innocents in Winterfell. His only way to remain alive is to pretend to know where the Stark kids are, which Manderly can most likely debunk anyway. Theon's fucked, basically.

How many people alive could identify Rickon? If Jon is out, it is only Theon.

In addition to the direwolf, uh, birthmark, any Northern Lord that paid a visit to Winterfell in the last couple of years would have seen Rickon. There are plenty who could ID him.

Even if they believe he did not kill the Stark boys....he still has to answer for betraying Robb and taking Winterfell....

The Mannis will think of something to please everyone. He only took Davos' fingers for smuggling and pirating. Theon's fingers are useless anyway.

I think if theon ever gets away from Ramsay (which would be amazingly difficult); he won't hesitate to sell ramsay out every way possible. As long as he knows he is safe from ramsay's wrath. Theon the turncoat right? Admitting that bran and rickon are alive won't matter in theons fate. He will simply at the mercy of whoever saves him, even if it's his own people. The last thing theon would want is for Ramsay to get real power. The fact that Ramsay didn't marry a stark is key and that couldn't have happened if theon wasn't stll inherently deceptive/mistrusting (rightfully!) and unbroken. I really hope that theon gets to ruin Ramsay.

At the moment no one will believe him, nor will it make much difference.

When Davos comes back with Rickon, and assuming Theon survives to that point - then it again makes little difference.

That depends on how he tells Stannis. If he were being questioned, then perhaps no. But if Theon approaches Stannis and admits to the lie without any provocation, then Stannis just might buy it. I guess it all depends on the context in which Theon theoretically offers the information.

It stands to reason that Asha will attempt to use Theon as rightful heir to the Seastone chair to rally the banners in the iron islands, therefore there must be someway that Theon is released from Stannis' custody, whether through him revealing that he did not kill the stark boys or through other means is hard to say. I am however quite certain he will live to reclaim/ attempt to reclaim the Iron Islands. At this point though if he did tell Stannis that the murdered children were in fact the Millers boys and not Bran and Rickon, Stannis would burn him anyway, even if he did believe him, which I doubt he would.

As to whether Theon would keep it a secret so he doesn't look weak. Ummm.. No, Theon is aware how weak he is, Stannis is aware how weak he is, all pride was stripped of him at the hands of Ramsay.

Reek, Reek rhymes with Weak.

It seems unlikely that he will be executed, so I would go with he tells Stannis about Bran and Rickon and for some reason, Stannis stays his execution.

The idea though that he's somehow going to get free and end up lord of the Iron Islands is far fetched. He IS a turncloak, he betrayed his own people to Ramsay, he lost Winterfell and all those IB died as well, and there is also the issue that he is a completely broken human being, and also castrated, so no heirs.

Archived