Will Theon tell Stannis the truth about the stark kids

dragonsrule

Don't know if anyone mentioned it but a good reason to keep theon alive if he tells the truth about the events at Winterfel is that he was a witness to the Boltons treachery.

If manderly meets with stannis he will tell him how it all happened and theon will end up the only living witness (with an actual voice that wex can back up.)

So, in the end stannis might just need him to win the rest of the north (which I don't think will be much of a problem.

Also I find it very important that the same clansmen that saw bran alive (one of the liddles) are with stannis at the moment.

But still even with a good portion of the north that's not as many men as it was because near enough to twenty thousand of them were murdered or died in battle besides the couple thousand roose had alive and mannerly seems to have some levies left. And don't for get lady Dustin, which by the end of DWD I really wonder how much loyalty does she really have for roose. Or if roose dies early on she'll ditch Ramsay in a heartbeat and then the Boltons will be a feast for the crowd

It seems unlikely that he will be executed, so I would go with he tells Stannis about Bran and Rickon and for some reason, Stannis stays his execution.

The idea though that he's somehow going to get free and end up lord of the Iron Islands is far fetched. He IS a turncloak, he betrayed his own people to Ramsay, he lost Winterfell and all those IB died as well, and there is also the issue that he is a completely broken human being, and also castrated, so no heirs.

Well actually, from what I understand of iron born reading victarians chapters anyone who yields in battle is less than a man. And that's exactly what the iron born who were killed by the Boltons after surrendering at moat cailain did. They are by far the most vicious and have less value of life than anyone other of the peoples of the seven kingdoms (IMO). Not saying I don't enjoy them. Vic's chapters are some of my favorite.

I find myself rooting for Theon to somehow convince Stannis and not get executed, even though I used to hate him so much. I don't think GRRM would have spent so much time on his story for him to end up just being a sacrifice to Stannis's new Gods. I would love to see him return to Pyke and declare the Kingsmoot invalid.. Just mainly because that would piss off Euron so much lol

It is not a question of Theon telling Stannis the truth, it's more about whether he can be believed or not.

The evidence is stacked against Theon without proof that either Bran or Rickon are alive. Wex can verify Theon's story.

Davos has been sent off from White Harbour, with Wex, to find Rickon and Shaggydog. All we know is that Wex threw his dagger and it landed somewhere on a map.

To get to Skagos, Osha needs a boat. Where from? How? It doesn't stack up. A wildling would stick to natural senses, and stay close to 'home', meaning woodland and mountains. Somewhere near a river, which explains a smuggler's vessel.

Does anyone see Davos returning Rickon (with Shaggydog) to Manderly at Winterfell? Come on. This is Davos we're talking about. Stannis is the one true king, he's said it himself. He is Stannis' Hand when all is said and done.

Theon's proof is there. Rickon is alive. If Theon, as Prince of Pyke (or whatever) doesn't reward his squire....

What was it someone used to say? The clues are there.

Wex's story was suitable proof for Davos , but it wasn't the whole truth, IMO.

The mountain clans ( the leaders, at least) know , because the Liddle knew , and the clans are acting in concert (e.g. Flint and Norrey going together to the Wall). So there are people right in Stannis camp who could confirm that the boys survived.

They just wouldn't want Stannis to know before they have a chance to gain control of WF. They don't really want Rickon ( or Winterfell) to be under Stannis' protectorship.

I think they must be a bit nervous about what he might say at the tree on the one hand , but on the other I don't think they necessarily want Theon's head.

I think O&R had Umber and Manderly help in getting to Skagos as discussed here , and on a number of other threads ..

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/80225-osha-and-rickon-a-pit-stop-in-white-harbor/?hl=%2Bosha+%2Brickon+%2Bstop

And we saw Davos write letters to his family and ask that Manderly send them in case of Davos' death. I'd think Manderly would also ask him to write a few lines to Stannis ,in case Manderly met Stannis first .. and I'd think it might be in the care of one of Manderly's men who have been sent out against Stannis.

Theon's not gonna die. He should tell Stannis but as others have said no one's going to believe him. I believe his final destiny is to sit as Lord of the Iron Islands. Otherwise what's the point of Asha's story other than eyes and ears in Stannis's camp.

• 1 month later...

If Stannis actually takes the time to interrogate Theon properly and finds out the true extent of his tortures, he might think that what has been done is justice enough.

I was kind of wondering this myself. My instinct would be to say no, but I think it would depend on the nature of the confession and just how useful he is. Stannis may let him take the Black.

I do like the ideas floating around here that Stannis will hang on to him as Theon is the only living witness to the Bolton's treachery.

I also like what UtherSnow said above about it not actually being Skagos

Wex's story was suitable proof for Davos , but it wasn't the whole truth, IMO.

The mountain clans ( the leaders, at least) know , because the Liddle knew , and the clans are acting in concert (e.g. Flint and Norrey going together to the Wall). So there are people right in Stannis camp who could confirm that the boys survived.

They just wouldn't want Stannis to know before they have a chance to gain control of WF. They don't really want Rickon ( or Winterfell) to be under Stannis' protectorship.

I think they must be a bit nervous about what he might say at the tree on the one hand , but on the other I don't think they necessarily want Theon's head.

I think O&R had Umber and Manderly help in getting to Skagos as discussed here , and on a number of other threads ..

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/80225-osha-and-rickon-a-pit-stop-in-white-harbor/?hl=%2Bosha+%2Brickon+%2Bstop

And we saw Davos write letters to his family and ask that Manderly send them in case of Davos' death. I'd think Manderly would also ask him to write a few lines to Stannis ,in case Manderly met Stannis first .. and I'd think it might be in the care of one of Manderly's men who have been sent out against Stannis.

Completely forgot about that. I like what's happening in this post...

We don't know if the clans know about Bran and Rickon at all.

1. We don't know exactly who that man was. Only Bran's guess. Maybe he was a noble maybe he was just a lowly noble.

2. Even if it was The high Liddle. Seems to me he would have been honour bound by his own actions to not tell anyone. Including the other clan leaders. If he only wanted to help why wouldn't he have said 'hello bran. I will help you get your kingdom back". If it was The Liddle he didn't say anything because he obviously respected the fact that the starks didn't want anyone to know who they were and what they were doing.

3.Even if all the other clan leaders know and the liddle was opening his mouth and telling everyone. It doesn't mean they have a conspiracy plot in motion.

It is not a question of Theon telling Stannis the truth, it's more about whether he can be believed or not.

The evidence is stacked against Theon without proof that either Bran or Rickon are alive. Wex can verify Theon's story.

Davos has been sent off from White Harbour, with Wex, to find Rickon and Shaggydog. All we know is that Wex threw his dagger and it landed somewhere on a map.

To get to Skagos, Osha needs a boat. Where from? How? It doesn't stack up. A wildling would stick to natural senses, and stay close to 'home', meaning woodland and mountains. Somewhere near a river, which explains a smuggler's vessel.

Does anyone see Davos returning Rickon (with Shaggydog) to Manderly at Winterfell? Come on. This is Davos we're talking about. Stannis is the one true king, he's said it himself. He is Stannis' Hand when all is said and done.

Theon's proof is there. Rickon is alive. If Theon, as Prince of Pyke (or whatever) doesn't reward his squire....

What was it someone used to say? The clues are there.

Now, I don't see Davos returning & going to Stannis. For starters Rickon would be in Danger from MEL. Rickon would be 1 of Rob's heirs & the Stark family does have Kings Blood. I think that Davos would do what his is told & return to The Manderly's.

Davos does trust Stannis, but not when it comes to Mel.

Stannis may let him take the Black.

I kind of think this is the way of it, largely due to the first five chapters of ADWD leading with five sentences that appear disjointed and cryptically prophetic. One of them is:

"The night was rank with the smell of man."

Which you might interpret as the Reek returning to Theon and becoming a man of the Night's Watch.

I kind of think this is the way of it, largely due to the first five chapters of ADWD leading with five sentences that appear disjointed and cryptically prophetic. One of them is:

"The night was rank with the smell of man."

Which you might interpret as the Reek returning to Theon and becoming a man of the Night's Watch.

Very interesting point. My brother and I have actually discussed several times if this line is referring//foreshadowing Theon perhaps going to the NW. However we also brought up the point that Theon would most likely not be received to well at the wall even if Stannis did give him the choice.

How would anyone at the wall know who he is, now? There is no need to call him Theon, or Reek. In the event that he is sent to the wall, Theon would probably be allowed to take a new name. Wherever he goes next, he's Chekhov's archer, and I expect some interesting arrows.

Archived