5. Join your rebellion against the IT.

Blackfish, Iron Bank

6. Look after your kids.

Davos, Sam

1. Keep their word: The Ned and Catelyn

2. Keep your secrets: the Reeds

3. Be completely untrustworthy: Littlefinger

4. Fight for you when all seems lost: Stannis and Davos

5. Join your rebellion against the IT: Mance, the Blackfish and Robert Baratheon

6. Look after your kids: Osha, Davos and Sansa

1. Eddard Stark

2. Jaime Lannister

3. Draw between Varys and Littlefinger

4. Stannis Baratheon

5. Tywin

6. Addam Marbrand

What I don't get is why people think that Eddard and Stannis would be most likely to rebel against the IT? I see no greater adherents to "do you duty and obey your rightful king" than these two in the series. If these two rebels then the situation has deteriorated to the point where +50% of the realm is rebelling.

What I don't get is why people think that Eddard and Stannis would be most likely to rebel against the IT? I see no greater adherents to "do you duty and obey your rightful king" than these two in the series. If these two rebels then the situation has deteriorated to the point where +50% of the realm is rebelling.

Well in my response i mentioned that if i am the rightful King, then they will surely rebel, if not then they surely won't.

1. Keep their word.

Few people. Nobody can be totally trusted by anybody. Ned is desesperately true to Lianna, but there were facts that pushed him not to be reliable for his true king Aerys.

2. Keep your secrets.

The only way to do that is without telling them to anybody.

3. Be completely untrustworthy.

Easier thing to do. Anybody with a personal agenda. Expecially if hidden.

4. Fight for you when all seems lost.

On this, I don't have friends there. Syrio Forell would, if he had friendship and felt a duty with me. But he didn't know me. As Brienne, as Gren and Pip... They would for each other, but not for me.

5. Join your rebellion against the IT.

They don't know me, so here I'd need to give them something back. I'd try to promise free to sack to the Ironborne, trying to tell them I want to know if they are still the ones of old and they still want to take their realm with iron. Then I will offer a good deal to the Lannisters, revenge to the Dornishmen, a queen to Mace Tyrrell, a knee to Aegon or Stannis, security for her son to Lysa Arryn (probably in terms of "now, everybody out of the room and down from the Erye, no, not you Lysa, you will put your sigil on this letter insulting the king, kill this king's envoy and order your knights to come to your banners and unite at the King's Road with my army or I kill your son now"). I would offer morals and legiptimation to the faith, justice and a home to Daenerys, money to the sellswords and a favourable deal to the Iron Bank and the pirates (Sallador Saan and Rivers, first of all). Manderly and northeners in general will not die for a foreigner like me, no matter what. What can I offer them? How can I force them into the fray, being them so far away? But if I could, them also on board. Southern militaries have shown difficulties in assessing the capacities of the northeners both in the main series and in "the Princess and the Queen" so they would be expecially useful.
Not all of this would work, though.

6. Look after your kids.

Someone with a lot of lose and nothing to gain by not being trustworthy. Someone that will not pull the same trick on me that I want to pull on Lysa Arryn.
Probably not a single person for all of them, in any case.

Archived