Will House Greyjoy become extinct?

Lord of Dragonstone

Even on first reading, I thought it pretty clear that Theon was castrated. I think Theon and the three uncles will end up dead, but Asha has a good shot at surviving. Since she was not ruled out for Kingsmoot, it seems she would have been an acceptable choice. All she has to do is marry and have a few kids, which she'll name Greyjoy. If the Iron Isles are under a Northern king who she had helped, it will be acceptable to him (her?) as well.

I think Theon and the Damphair can be counted out.

Euron has bastards but he is proud, and IMO I can't see him giving the Seastone Chair to anyone but a trueborn son. This requires him to marry. Daenerys is the candidate he is considering to mother his heirs, but 1.) I don't exactly see her as compliant and 2.) He is currently very far away from her.

Victarion still mourns for his dead wife, has no children that we know of, no love interest, and is far away from Pyke. If he has a trueborn heir, he will still have to make a trip to Pyke to stake a claim for the Chair, which could take at least half a book, if not an entire book, for him to marry, get a child on a woman, then go to Pyke by ship. He is currently in the middle of the battle. He also considers Daenerys a likely candidate to bear heirs for him. I would say she would be more inclined towards him than Euron since it's pretty obvious she'll meet Victarion sooner than later.

all in all, for the brothers, I think it's ironic they're basically hedging their bets on the same woman, but I don't think the timeline would work out. Daenerys has one of the best claims to the IT and I can't see why she would make a choice to instead marry a lesser House to beget that House an heir when she worries about producing her own heir, that is one of the major components of her arc. To edit this for clarity, I understand Dany could still rule with an IB husband and as long as she produces at least two children, one would inherit the IT and one could inherit Pyke. BUT, seeing as the Greyjoys have a crap reputation amongst, well, most Westerosi, I don't think she would consider it unless she got some really bad advice from someone.

As for Asha, she is still technically married, no? So any offspring would either be bastards since we know she is not planning to procreate with said husband any time soon.

Since the Greyjoys are currently in open rebellion with the crown, I don't think King Tommen or his council is going to go to any great lengths to legitimize a bastard Greyjoy. Can bastards inherit a house without being legitimized? I don't remember seeing any precedent for this. Please correct me if I am wrong of course.

Even on first reading, I thought it pretty clear that Theon was castrated. I think Theon and the three uncles will end up dead, but Asha has a good shot at surviving. Since she was not ruled out for Kingsmoot, it seems she would have been an acceptable choice. All she has to do is marry and have a few kids, which she'll name Greyjoy. If the Iron Isles are under a Northern king who she had helped, it will be acceptable to him (her?) as well.

I don't think so. While Asha is most certainly not like Balon in her pride I don't think that she would more easily stomach an outsider to reign over her people. She wants to reform them, not lead them to be subjugated to another people and hold power based on this people's goodwill.

Moqorro will heal Theon's penis the same way he healed Victarion's hand, giving Theon a giant, smoldering black cock.

It is known.

Congratulations, you made me laugh so very hard.

I tend to think of the captain's daughter just showing up to Theon at the end of ADoS and excitedly showing him their baby son. Theon is entirely stunned.

Thucydides, on 28 Dec 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:snapback.png

Moqorro will heal Theon's penis the same way he healed Victarion's hand, giving Theon a giant, smoldering black cock.

It is known.

Congratulations, you made me laugh so very hard.

I tend to think of the captain's daughter just showing up to Theon at the end of ADoS and excitedly showing him their baby son. Theon is entirely stunned.

Lol that is a good one. To be honest though I think it would be smart of whoever is in charge of the throne to put somebody from the greenlands in charge of the iron islands. As they are, they seem to exist solely to cause trouble for everyone on the mainland. Pass custody to the mallisters or something.

Theon- castrated with no trueborn children

Damphair- sworn a vow of celibacy to the Drowned God

Asha- Killed in the Battle of Ice

"Marriage is not for you," Theon decided. "When I rule, I believe I will pack you off to the silent sisters."

They (Qarl and Asha) spent the night devouring peaches and each other.

And then her [Asha] back came up hard against a tree, and she could dance no more.

Asha had walked out with Aly Mormont to have a closer look at its slitted red eyes and bloody mouth. It's only sap, she'd told herself, the red sap that flows inside these weirwoods. But her eyes were unconvinced; seeing was believing, and what they saw was frozen blood.

Silent sisters attend the dead, and peaches are in ASOIAF what oranges are in The Godfather. Asha will die in the Battle of Ice when she finds herself backed against the weirwood tree, and her blood is spilled onto the weirwood, and with the title of her last POV being "The Sacrifice" even though she wasn't being sacrificed, her death will be an unintentional blood sacrifice which will be used by BR and Bran to pay for the life of Jon.

Euron- killed by an arrow in the crow's eye from Sam in the Battle of Oldtown

Victarion- killed by Drogon at the command of Dany in the Dothraki Sea

Dany's description of Drogon: I am looking into hell

Victarion: "I could sail the Iron Fleet to hell if need be."

"There are tales of dragons who grew so huge that they could pluck giant krakens from the seas."

The main branch of House Greyjoy will go extinct.

Theon- castrated with no trueborn children

Damphair- sworn a vow of celibacy to the Drowned God

Asha- Killed in the Battle of Ice

"Marriage is not for you," Theon decided. "When I rule, I believe I will pack you off to the silent sisters."

They (Qarl and Asha) spent the night devouring peaches and each other.

And then her [Asha] back came up hard against a tree, and she could dance no more.

Asha had walked out with Aly Mormont to have a closer look at its slitted red eyes and bloody mouth. It's only sap, she'd told herself, the red sap that flows inside these weirwoods. But her eyes were unconvinced; seeing was believing, and what they saw was frozen blood.

Silent sisters attend the dead, and peaches are in ASOIAF what oranges are in The Godfather. Asha will die in the Battle of Ice when she finds herself backed against the weirwood tree, and her blood is spilled onto the weirwood, and with the title of her last POV being "The Sacrifice" even though she wasn't being sacrificed, her death will be an unintentional blood sacrifice which will be used by BR and Bran to pay for the life of Jon.

Euron- killed by an arrow in the crow's eye from Sam in the Battle of Oldtown

Victarion- killed by Drogon at the command of Dany in the Dothraki Sea

Dany's description of Drogon: I am looking into hell

Victarion: "I could sail the Iron Fleet to hell if need be."

"There are tales of dragons who grew so huge that they could pluck giant krakens from the seas."

The main branch of House Greyjoy will go extinct.

Interesting analysis, why do you think peaches are equivalent to oranges in The Godfather.

Interesting analysis, why do you think peaches are equivalent to oranges in The Godfather.

Renly had a peach in his parley with Stannis before he died

ASoS Cat's description of dead Willem Lannister:

The blond boy had been trying to grow a beard. Pale yellow peach fuzz covered his cheeks.

AFfC Cersei's description of Lancel:

To call it peach fuzz would have given insult to the peach.

This foreshadows Lancel's death, when Cersei gets her vengeance.

Arya being addressed in ASoS:

"Well aren't you a pretty little peach?"

A clue to her association with death

Renly had a peach in his parley with Stannis before he died

ASoS Cat's description of dead Willem Lannister:

The blond boy had been trying to grow a beard. Pale yellow peach fuzz covered his cheeks.

AFfC Cersei's description of Lancel:

To call it peach fuzz would have given insult to the peach.

This foreshadows Lancel's death, when Cersei gets her vengeance.

Arya being addressed in ASoS:

"Well aren't you a pretty little peach?"

A clue to her association with death

Doesn't Stannis also keeps thinking about his brother's peach, does that foreshadow his death too?

Doesn't Stannis also keeps thinking about his brother's peach, does that foreshadow his death too?

Peaches also represent the sweeter things in life, as Stannis is rigid and the kind of all work and no play kind of guy. It could also be him thinking about his brother's death.

I would think (paying no attention to my user tag) that the Greyjoys will endure. As far as the Dany thing. Am I the only one who sees Vic as her "type"? I mean' he's practically a Drogo of the sea... Nothing but bad-assery and a flaming arm now.... His "Ima kick me some ass, save the princess, make her my wife, and such is the way of it" mentality seems to go hand-in-hand with the guys Dany has taken to... just a thought, maybe it could happen? lest us not forget he has a way to Westeros for her as well.

I would think (paying no attention to my user tag) that the Greyjoys will endure. As far as the Dany thing. Am I the only one who sees Vic as her "type"? I mean' he's practically a Drogo of the sea... Nothing but bad-assery and a flaming arm now.... His "Ima kick me some ass, save the princess, make her my wife, and such is the way of it" mentality seems to go hand-in-hand with the guys Dany has taken to... just a thought, maybe it could happen? lest us not forget he has a way to Westeros for her as well.

A pseudo tough guy?

Sure enough.

But I still can't help but feel as though Robert was her real type.

This is both ironic and in-your-face truth. I like it!

However what makes Vic, Drogo, or Daario pseudo-tough? From the looks of it the are Actual-tough.....

Daario?

What has he done to prove his toughness again?

Drogo has proven he can barely handle pain. Not tough.

Victarion? Well, people try to act like he's this top tier fighter along with Jaime and Gregor, but I am not convinced. He's not even considered the best Ironborn warrior.

Archived