Superman and Batman: The League of Extraordinary #$@% Ups

Rhom

I absolutely hate the suit... More of DC washing away the spirit of the character to make it look dark and gritty. WW is not a dark and gritty character. What they have completely failed to understand is that when they went that direction with

Batman, it had context built into it because the character was already created that way. That is why the response was so overwhelmingly favorable. They captured the essence of the character.

Now it seems that instead of really getting to know their source material, they are just trying to make them as close to Batman as possible. Superman is not Batman, Wonder Woman is not Batman. This is just another example of just how Zach Snyder has no clue what he is doing.

Damn it !!! Why didn't we get this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVRptUJocAo#t=51

Disagree, as Wonder Woman is no stranger to wearing armor in the comics, so I wouldn't go as far as saying this costume isn't true to the character's spirit. When you get into the give and take of adaptation, I feel as if Wonder Woman is an example of an area where you have to give more than take. So, when you consider she's donned armor at various points in her history, creating some type of amalgamation between armor and the iconic suit is the way to go, IMO.

Granted, I suppose the color pallet is a bit muted, which does fuel the idea that they're pushing the whole "grit" angle.

Yeah, I don't really see how not being in all primary colours or whatever the problem is defaces WW's character in any way. She might not be 'gritty', not even in Azarello's run, but in the context of the modern comics she's a warrior, probably moreso than Superman or Bats, and the costume's about as close to something a warrior would wear as you can get while still sticking to the super-revealing superhero costume nonsense. I like it. Though fighting in heels is always silly.

WW is essentially DC's equivalent of Thor these days, and her costume probably does a similar job in terms of the comics-live action conversion as his does.

Disagree, as Wonder Woman is no stranger to wearing armor in the comics, so I wouldn't go as far as saying this costume isn't true to the character's spirit. When you get into the give and take of adaptation, I feel as if Wonder Woman is an example of an area where you have to give more than take. So, when you consider she's donned armor at various points in her history, creating some type of amalgamation between armor and the iconic suit is the way to go, IMO.

Granted, I suppose the color pallet is a bit muted, which does fuel the idea that they're pushing the whole "grit" angle.

I am not talking about armor here. Te actual design of the costume isn't horrible. I am talking about the color scheme that has in in dark browns and blacks...

I am not saying that it has to look 70's bright, but this costume just reeks of grit...

I liked Man of Steel a great deal, and I do expect this one to be great as well.

However as expected, Wonder Woman doesn't look good, the picture pretty much confirms the feelings people had after the casting announcement. And it bugs me that this film is still two years away, it seems excessive.

So looking on the IMDB site, particularly Jesse Eisenberg's page, and I see in addition to being Lex Luthor, he's also reprising his role from Now You See Me in Now You See Me 2.

I was kind of surprised to see Now You See Me is getting a sequel, I thought it was in and out of the theaters so fast I thought it didn't do too well, but according to Wiki it did well enough that a sequel was green lit a month after its theatrical release.

I liked the first movie well enough, in fact I thought it was one of the better films of Summer 2013, and the best film to date from director Louis Leterrier, not too difficult with films like Clash of the Titans and the 2008 Incredible Hulk movie in his resume. It had a Nolan-esque feel to it, the biggest reason probably because Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman was in it, but it seemed for that movie Leterrier learned the right lessons from Nolan, not the wrong ones that WB and Snyder have learned.

I was surprised by how much I liked Now You See Me. It was very, very silly but it was good fun and the ending worked.

I have no idea where a sequel will take things though, especially one using the same characters.

I know, I waited until it came out on Netflix and I had the DVD and decided to watch it with neither high or low expectations, but I was surprised how much I got into it, it renewed my love of Woody Harrelson and cemented in me how much I like Mark Ruffalo. Caine and Freeman were as good as they usually are. In keeping with how I thought this movie felt like a Nolan movie, I enjoyed it almost as much as Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Prestige, and just as much as Inception, and more than TDKR.

As for a sequel, if I had to guess...

Spoilering for those who haven't seen the first:

Morgan Freeman's character, possibly along with Caine's, plans an elaborate revenge after what happened in the first film

I know, I waited until it came out on Netflix and I had the DVD and decided to watch it with neither high or low expectations, but I was surprised how much I got into it, it renewed my love of Woody Harrelson and cemented in me how much I like Mark Ruffalo. Caine and Freeman were as good as they usually are. In keeping with how I thought this movie felt like a Nolan movie, I enjoyed it almost as much as Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Prestige, and just as much as Inception, and more than TDKR.

As for a sequel, if I had to guess...

Spoilering for those who haven't seen the first:

Morgan Freeman's character, possibly along with Caine's, plans an elaborate revenge after what happened in the first film

Wait. That movie was kinda fun until the end. Which was a mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw some footage of Bruce Wayne doing something in a broken building.

Affleck got absolutely fucking huge for this movie. He looks like the comic book Bruce Wayne. Just a mountain of a man.

Yeah, I saw some pics of him and he looks WWE ripped.

I understand that he's going to be an older Batman, but what does "older" mean? 40s? 50s?

I think it's 40's, slightly older than the Bman in TDKR I think. Worse for wear, but still enough tricks up his sleeve.

Archived