Superman and Batman: The League of Extraordinary #$@% Ups

Rhom

Yeah, I saw some pics of him and he looks WWE ripped.

I think it's 40's, slightly older than the Bman in TDKR I think. Worse for wear, but still enough tricks up his sleeve.

Which still seems bizarre to me that if there was a vigilante running around a neighboring giant city for 20 years in Man of Steel, why was there no throwaway line like "they never even saw anything like this in Gotham." :dunno:

WB announced release dates for untitled DC films up until 2020.

Untitled WB Event Film (2020) Warner Bros.11/20/20

Untitled DC Film (June 2020) Warner Bros.6/19/20

Untitled DC Film (April 2020) Warner Bros.4/3/20

Untitled DC Film (June 2019) Warner Bros.6/14/19

Untitled DC Film (April 2019) Warner Bros.4/5/19

Untitled WB Event Film Warner Bros.11/16/18

Untitled DC Film (July 2018) Warner Bros.7/27/18

Untitled DC Film (March 2018) Warner Bros.3/23/18

Untitled DC Film (Nov. 2017) Warner Bros.11/17/17

Untitled DC Film (June 2017) Warner Bros.6/23/17

Untitled DC Film (2016) Warner Bros.8/5/16

Very slick marketing there.

Seems pointless, because while I get that they're staking out the ground so that it's less likely other big films get dropped on those release dates, as long as there's no title attached to them, surely any film announced for those dates that we do know what it is will immediately get the hype-train jump, thus potentially forcing WB to move anyway?

Like, just taking the first date, on current schedule according to Wikipedia, the 8th of May is already the planned date for Doctor Strange, and the BFG (by Spielberg) and Independence Day 2 both hit the week before. Given that the marketing for Strange will likely begin quite soon and the other two are massive titles in their own right, even Wonder Woman, the biggest likely name, is going to struggle to compete and any other character is just going to get flattened.

Also, DC budged. Batman v Superman was pushed up by 6 weeks to a March release, avoiding Captain America in May.

So it's not even a "summer" movie anymore? I mean I know opening of summer season gets earlier, it used to be end of May, now it's the beginning, and also "Spring season" has become bigger, but this just has a lack of faith by DC wafting off it now, plus WB/DC seem to be wanting to take away so much from fans, bit by bit, now they are taking away having the feel (for good or for bad) of the movie being a summer movie.

It's all so deflating.

What makes you think that? I reckon it's gonna be amazing.

But then, I love spectacle-mode Spielberg for the most part.

Spielberg poors Schmaltz over every story he touches. He's made a couple of good movies, but that's a long time ago. Nowadays, he only makes crap like Indiana Jones IV, war horse, war of the worlds.

Spielberg poors Schmaltz over every story he touches. He's made a couple of good movies, but that's a long time ago. Nowadays, he only makes crap like Indiana Jones IV, war horse, war of the worlds.

War of the Worlds was very good, apart from the very last scene. Munich and Minority Report were ace.Tintin was good too, though choppy. I haven't seen War Horse or Indy IV, admittedly, and aren't going to.

He can be hit and miss but Spielberg doing blockbuster spectacle is still something to sit up and take notice of, in my opinion.

So it's not even a "summer" movie anymore? I mean I know opening of summer season gets earlier, it used to be end of May, now it's the beginning, and also "Spring season" has become bigger, but this just has a lack of faith by DC wafting off it now, plus WB/DC seem to be wanting to take away so much from fans, bit by bit, now they are taking away having the feel (for good or for bad) of the movie being a summer movie.

It's all so deflating.

I'm sure that's a big reason but to be fair they are opening another DC movie that August so I'd assume they want some space between the two.

War of the Worlds was very good, apart from the very last scene. Munich and Minority Report were ace.Tintin was good too, though choppy. I haven't seen War Horse or Indy IV, admittedly, and aren't going to.

He can be hit and miss but Spielberg doing blockbuster spectacle is still something to sit up and take notice of, in my opinion.

I disagree, WotW was a cumbersome, boring story. I agree with Minority Report and I haven't seen Munich yet. Tintin was a hot mess and to this day I can't understand how someone manages to fuck up Tintin. Each and every album of Tintin is a masterpiece, it should be a walk in the park to make a good movie out of them.

As to Spielberg bringing the spectacle, that's true, but he has lost his touch imo. His early films were pretty schmaltzy, but they were bearable. His newer attempts seem to have nothing but Schmaltz in them (and fridges, never forget the fridge). I dread what he'll do to BFR, I love that story.

I just realised I completely fluffed my dates in my initial post- despite looking for August, I wrote May (bloody American dating convention) but looked at the films releasing in July. Go me. They're fairly clear for that August date (Smurfs, but that's not direct competition), though Planet of the Apes opens the week before.

I disagree, WotW was a cumbersome, boring story.

I really like it. The beginning in particular is a gem of atmosphere-building.

Spielberg is prone to schmaltz, sometimes overwhelmingly, but I don't think he's any more so now than he ever was. It certainly can't be argued that he's slipped from his former glories, but his former glories are really, really glorious, for me he's still mostly good even when not reaching them.

ps. Munich is one of the least schmaltzy films you'll ever see.

Warhorse is far too mawkish but Spielberg can turn that off and on. He just knows what sells cinema seats and a trend towards sentimentality is never going to hurt.

He's the main power behind the transformers movies, if you want a real reason to hate him.

• 2 weeks later...

Have people seen the news story that has been going around about Lex Luthor's plan? I don't know if it counts as spoilers, because who knows if its even true. But in the article they say spoilers.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/08/14/batman-vs-superman-lex-luthors-plot-revealed

It doesn't really give much away other than there's a decent chance we get some kind of

Grodd, Doomsday or Bizarro from Zod's body - I'm guessing Doomsday is the most likely

. It's better than the standard Luthor plan of "let's get kryptonite!" - which is perfectly valid in reality but dull to watch every time.

It doesn't really give much away other than there's a decent chance we get some kind of

Grodd, Doomsday or Bizarro from Zod's body - I'm guessing Doomsday is the most likely

. It's better than the standard Luthor plan of "let's get kryptonite!" - which is perfectly valid in reality but dull to watch every time.

Pretty much.

feel like it is way too early and this film is way too packed to bring in Doomsday. This is supposed to be the thing that kills Superman, without that he is just another random monster. And its way too early for Superman to die. It would mean so much more later.

Pretty much.

feel like it is way too early and this film is way too packed to bring in Doomsday. This is supposed to be the thing that kills Superman, without that he is just another random monster. And its way too early for Superman to die. It would mean so much more later.

Death of Superman feels like a card to play at the end of a justice league film. Maybe this is more set-up and we won't actually have Doomsday active in this film? Then again it feels like an entire film of set-up. I want Batman vs Superman! All this other stuff simply distracts from the main hook.

Hmmmm. Certainly sounds plausible and not terrible...

but if Bats doesn't have anything to take down Supes until the climax... Not a lot of versus there.

Unless Lex has been equipping him with the stuff and then he begins to question where it comes from... :dunno:

Hmmmm. Certainly sounds plausible and not terrible...

but if Bats doesn't have anything to take down Supes until the climax... Not a lot of versus there.

Unless Lex has been equipping him with the stuff and then he begins to question where it comes from... :dunno:

Bats vs Superman could be very short with this man of steel. Maybe Bats knows how to take him down but is trying to find a location that might not result in levelling a city? I certainly hope the film addresses the level of destruction in the first film - I was cool with it but I do think it should be something of concern for the army etc in that world.

Archived