Small Questions v 10021

Stubby

I'm doing my first re-read of Book 1 and noticed in an early Ned chapter that he wasn't at Robert's side at the Trident and didn't get there until after Robert had killed Rhaegar.

"When Ned had finally came on the scene, Rhaegar lay dead in the stream, while men of both armies scrabbled in the swirling waters for rubies knocked free of his armor."

Was Ned planning to tell Robert of the true circumstances of R+L? Given his love for his sister, I'd imagine he would want to avoid the death of her mate (husband?) and father of her child, especially if he could also keep the peace.

I'm doing my first re-read of Book 1 and noticed in an early Ned chapter that he wasn't at Robert's side at the Trident and didn't get there until after Robert had killed Rhaegar.

"When Ned had finally came on the scene, Rhaegar lay dead in the stream, while men of both armies scrabbled in the swirling waters for rubies knocked free of his armor."

Was Ned planning to tell Robert of the true circumstances of R+L? Given his love for his sister, I'd imagine he would want to avoid the death of her mate (husband?) and father of her child, especially if he could also keep the peace.

Ned may not have been fully aware of the situation at that point. The ToJ takes place afterwards.

edt: The small questions get bigger and bigger. :)

Ned may not have been fully aware of the situation at that point. The ToJ takes place afterwards.

edt: The small questions get bigger and bigger. :)

Also your commanders are not going to all be in the same place as they are commanding different units and you don't want them all in one place which makes them easier to kill.

Can anyone provide me with the source for the "Elia fought like a tigress" quote? I looked in the books, but I couldn't find it. So I guess it came from an SSM or an other interview, but until now I didn't find anything.

Are you sure it was tigress, the only SSMs featuring Elia are HERE

Yeah, people on the forum were constantly saying tigress

I'll keep looking, but I don't remember it from anywhere. Unless it was one of things like Dunk's four descendants, where one person said they heard it and everyone else jumped on board, but not one could put up any support for it. :)

I'll keep looking, but I don't remember it from anywhere. Unless it was one of things like Dunk's four descendants, where one person said they heard it and everyone else jumped on board, but not one could put up any support for it. :)

Yeah, I fear this will be something similar. I had hoped that it wasn't and that one of you guys knew where to find it, but since you don't seem to know either, I think it is something someone just came up with and spread around.

Or GRRM must have said it in an interview at some point, but it should be mentioned somewhere if that was the case, I guess.

Yeah, I fear this will be something similar. I had hoped that it wasn't and that one of you guys knew where to find it, but since you don't seem to know either, I think it is something someone just came up with and spread around.

Or GRRM must have said it in an interview at some point, but it should be mentioned somewhere if that was the case, I guess.

If it was in regards to her death all I have found so far is that she pleaded.

Archived