Dunk and Egg and Sansa Theory

Northernmonkey

I've just read a new theory about Dunk and Egg that I thought you might be interested in. Sorry if it's been discussed before.

At the Ashford Tourney in The Hedge Knight, the fair maid's champions are:

• Lyonel Baratheon
  • Leo Tyrell
  • Tybolt Lannister
  • Humphrey Hardyng
  • Valarr Targaryen

Which correspond with all of Sansa's love interests, with the exception of the Targaryan. Is that a clue that Sansa and Aegon are going to get together?

I really don't see Sansa even being in the vicinity of Aegon, let alone marrying him.

As the story goes, Aegon is Varys' man. Why would Littlefinger let her marry him, especially since he wants her for political gain for himself? However, as an aside, I do wonder how Sansa would react to Aegon.

I really don't see Sansa even being in the vicinity of Aegon, let alone marrying him.

As the story goes, Aegon is Varys' man. Why would Littlefinger let her marry him, especially since he wants her for political gain for himself? However, as an aside, I do wonder how Sansa would react to Aegon.

Well there's many ways that she could be in his vicinity. For example maybe Aegon goes to the Vale to try and get them to join his side. If Sansa does end up in a position of power (as most people think she will) then it's very likely they'll meet.

As for Littlefinger letting her marry him, well she's not going be controlled by LF forever.

I've just read a new theory about Dunk and Egg that I thought you might be interested in. Sorry if it's been discussed before.

At the Ashford Tourney in The Hedge Knight, the fair maid's champions are:

• Lyonel Baratheon

Leo Tyrell

Tybolt Lannister

Humphrey Hardyng

Valarr Targaryen

Which correspond with all of Sansa's love interests, with the exception of the Targaryan. Is that a clue that Sansa and Aegon are going to get together?

I agree, that's a great foreshadowing.

Where's the Clegane in that list? :P

Still, it is conspicuous...

ETA@Julian: Tyrion probably counts as the Lannister... Joffrey is th Baratheon for purposes of the parallel.

Clegane wouldnt have existed during the Hedge Knight... if George had slipped that in I'm sure everyone would make the connection ;)

I know, I know... but some mention of that fair maid actually talking to a kennel master or having a connection to dogs would go a long way to consolidate the parallel.

I think you can explain the lack of Clegane because Sansa was arranged to marry someone from all the families on the list, rather than it be just a romantic thing. So I think we can assume that she will be arranged to marry Aegon.

Archived