When did you start liking a universally disliked character?

The Fresh PtwP

That is not what I mean with "ungrateful" however. I was thinking of the following two scenes(I don't have exact quotes but here goes as far as I remember it):

First is when she sees the dead members of her father's household guard, she recognizes one of the corpses and remembers how he assured her that every northman is worth then men of the South. She thinks "you're a stupid liar there is only one Lannister guard dead" or something close to that.

The other scene is when she sees Yoren's corpse and again thinks something close to "you promised to get me to Winterfell, half of her wanted to kick him the other half wanted to cry(not for Yoren that is) and run away" .

Now seriously those men died for her safety and well being and those are her thoughts? If that's not ungrateful I don't know what it is.

A coping mechanism. Sheesh..

Personally, Victarion's idea of religious syncretism has long been a guilty pleasure.

I've always adored Theon, ever since he first appeared. By the end of CoK, I was slightly less sympathetic, but as soon as I got to DwD, I started loving him again. Mirri Maz Duur is also one of my all-time favorite characters.

I also don't know how "universally disliked" she is anymore, but half way through GoT, I absolutely fell in love with Catelyn Stark.

Discussing Cersei with several friends who've also read the books and always ending up defending Cersei (even though I didn't like her) made me re-think my original position. Now she has grown on me and I like her. Besides, I always loved her role as a character on the greater scale of things. I really want her to play a big part in bringing shit down in King's Landing. :D

I discovered when I entered this forum that some of my favorites characters are universally hated For the first book, Cat and Littlefinger were my favorite characters. Well, Cat still is, and I really like Littlefinger, despite his morality.

I also started liking Tywin when I assumed he was not a selfish bastard and, in some way or another, was stabilizing the realm. And I started liking Joffrey because I missed him in the fourth and fifth books. He was a fun character - especially when Tyrion was slapping him.

Archived