WWE Network

Austin and The Rock were both done around 2003, but Taker kept going full time until around 2009. I know everyone considers the Attitude Era to be the peak, but I think WWE was still pretty watchable up to about 2008. That's when they really started losing people faster than they could replace them with Kurt Angle leaving a couple years prior, Jeff Hardy going back to TNA, and then Shawn Michaels, Edge, Batista, Triple H, and Chris Jericho all retiring a couple years later. Now Wrestlemania is always so nostalgia based. There's been a few moments scattered over the last couple years that have been cool, like CM Punk's shoot promos in 2011-2012, but the main event scene is so empty nowadays.

Main interest left me after 2000 WM when they D.Q the main event. WM was made to be just another PPV.

More Chris Jericho? Yes, please! My favorite wrestler ever, I'll need to find whenever he first did the 'Codebreaker' the first time I saw that I swooned.

I agree with the comment that WWE was fairly watchable up through 2009, and there was a decent rivalry between Edge and Y2J as well as Undertaker and Jericho up through about 2011.

One program I'm interested in is "the Monday night wars." It will chronicle the real life rivalries that lead to the on air conflict between WWE and WCW during the 90's and early 2000's.

Since that is the time period in which I watched wrestling, I would be interested in that program as well. I guess I have to decide if I'm $9.99 a month interested.

Since that is the time period in which I watched wrestling, I would be interested in that program as well. I guess I have to decide if I'm $9.99 a month interested.

it's a good price to also be getting the full WCW library as well.

Eta: it's almost a good enough deal to make me want to not go down to NOLA for Wrestlemania. Almost lol

it's a good price to also be getting the full WCW library as well.

Eta: it's almost a good enough deal to make me want to not go down to NOLA for Wrestlemania. Almost lol

Glad it's "almost." Wrestlemania here in NOLA will be amazing (hopefully).

More Chris Jericho? Yes, please! My favorite wrestler ever, I'll need to find whenever he first did the 'Codebreaker' the first time I saw that I swooned.

I agree with the comment that WWE was fairly watchable up through 2009, and there was a decent rivalry between Edge and Y2J as well as Undertaker and Jericho up through about 2011.

If you do get this hopefully they will have stuff from his WCW days; IMO that's where Jericho was the best particularly with his various gimmicks while holding the Light Heavyweight belt. My favourite still being when he was going against "the man of 1000 holds" Dean Malenko and so Jericho kept referring to himself as "the man with 1004 holds".

Also notable was when he was teamed with Eddie Guerrero and their motto was "Cheat to Win".

It's also said that content will he unedited and uncensored. That probably means Chris Benoit will be back on its programming (probably with an advisory warning beforehand).

ehhh I like the fact they dont mention his existence....

Austin and The Rock were both done around 2003, but Taker kept going full time until around 2009. I know everyone considers the Attitude Era to be the peak, but I think WWE was still pretty watchable up to about 2008. That's when they really started losing people faster than they could replace them with Kurt Angle leaving a couple years prior, Jeff Hardy going back to TNA, and then Shawn Michaels, Edge, Batista, Triple H, and Chris Jericho all retiring a couple years later. Now Wrestlemania is always so nostalgia based. There's been a few moments scattered over the last couple years that have been cool, like CM Punk's shoot promos in 2011-2012, but the main event scene is so empty nowadays.

I watched Raw in December and he was still there, did he just retire ?

I watched Raw in December and he was still there, did he just retire ?

He isn't formally retired right now, he's just a part time performer. They like to use him to make young guys look good and he likes to do it. He'll probably be back for the Rumble in 2 weeks.

He isn't formally retired right now, he's just a part time performer. They like to use him to make young guys look good and he likes to do it. He'll probably be back for the Rumble in 2 weeks.

Yes kind of like what Kane does his entire career.

Archived