WWE Network

I will say I'm happy with how WWE has handled Benoit on the Network. Not only is there an advisory warning before every show he's on, but he isn't billed on any of the shows and you can't go directly to his match the way you can with others. You have to actually find it before you can watch.

The scumminess deliberately depicted by pro wrestling as part of the show has always been trumped by the scumminess lived backstage/on tour. Like, it's not even close.

"Truth is stranger than fiction" applies to the faux fightin' like nothing else.

I don't know, man, Katie Vick is tough to top in terms of scum.

I don't know, man, Katie Vick is tough to top in terms of scum.

Well, there is the whole, "Jimmy Snuka probably beat his girlfriend to death in 1983 and Vince helped cover it up" thing.

Or the rampant steroid and painkiller abuse that has lead to the premature deaths of wrestlers like Eddie Guerrero, Test, Curt Hennig, Davey Boy Smith, and many others.

Or if you just want to go via storylines, the feud between HHH and Booker T where HHH was being outright racist and still ended up winning the feud.

Well, there is the whole, "Jimmy Snuka probably beat his girlfriend to death in 1983 and Vince helped cover it up" thing.

Or the rampant steroid and painkiller abuse that has lead to the premature deaths of wrestlers like Eddie Guerrero, Test, Curt Hennig, Davey Boy Smith, and many others.

Or if you just want to go via storylines, the feud between HHH and Booker T where HHH was being outright racist and still ended up winning the feud.

Well, it has never been claimed he had sex with her corpse (as far as I know), so Katie Vick gets the edge for me in terms of fucked up shit.

Or the series of "comedy" segments that involved Tim White trying to kill himself.

Or Vince saying the N word on TV in front of Booker T. Or Kerwin White. Or Saba Simba.

On-screen or off, the wrestling world is pretty fucked up.

You can watch OnDemand and/or what they air. For example, I just go to the PPV option, click WCW, and I have the entire catalogue of old WCW pay per views.

...but if it's one of their many "free trial" weeks, they will remove content even for the paying subscribers. When the Network first launched, they did a solid month of free trial weeks, during which time I (as a paying customer) was unable to access any WCW or ECW PPVs, or any of the "big four" WWF/E PPVs other than the most recent of each. (Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble). So that cut down my enjoyment considerably, since most of the events I wanted to watch were being blocked.

That's part of why I am no longer a WWE Network subscriber.

Archived