260 replies to this topic

#1 Reposado

Reposado

Trop de tequila ou pas assez?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

Figured it should have its own thread from the previous season.

What we know: 18 new cast members. 3 tribes. brains, beauty, brawn

One is spoiled

Spoiler

#2 awesome possum

awesome possum

naturally

• Members
  • 10,122 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

I read that another retired athlete will be a contestant this season:

Spoiler

#3 awesome possum

awesome possum

naturally

• Members
  • 10,122 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

Aaaand the cast has been released.  Profiles on Entertainment Weekly and Q&As on Youtube

#4 SpaceChampion

SpaceChampion

Really Really High Minister of Space

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

Trish seems like a female Coach to me.  I'm going to watch her for signs of nutcase.

Woo thinks he's the next Ozzy.  I'm getting more of a Fabio vibe from the dude.  (Which mean he'll probably win)

I like Kass, seems pretty smart and strategic.

J'tia: annoying name, nice person, probably toast.

#5 MisterOJ

MisterOJ

Council Member

• Members
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

There's a girl from Kentucky on there!

And she's a pageant queen and seems pretty dumb. :bang:  Oh well, maybe she'll surprise me.

#6 Arbrigo Goldes

Arbrigo Goldes

não é errado

• Members
  • 6,768 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

Gotta admit, I'm lees interested in the brains, beauty, brawn thing now that I know that the groups were made after the show was cast.  For some reason it was more interesting to me when I thought players were going to be cast specifically for one of these characteristics.  Knowing that the cast was set, then the casting lady decided to divide them into these three groups kind of makes me feel "meh" about the whole BBB thing.

Other than that, happy to see a cast of all n00bs and thrilled that there is no Redemption Island this time around.  Also pleased that this cast looks to be a little older, on average, than usual. 

#7 Reposado

Reposado

Trop de tequila ou pas assez?

• Members
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

Gotta admit, I'm lees interested in the brains, beauty, brawn thing now that I know that the groups were made after the show was cast.  For some reason it was more interesting to me when I thought players were going to be cast specifically for one of these characteristics.  Knowing that the cast was set, then the casting lady decided to divide them into these three groups kind of makes me feel "meh" about the whole BBB thing.

Yeah. This was disheartening. Might as well have been w random mix

#8 Gertrude

Gertrude

an ok person, just sayin'

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

I didn't realize they split it afterwards - meh. Hopefully it won't actually play a role in the game so we can just regard it as a regular season. It makes sense though, cause when I just scanned the photos and breakdown, I couldn't tell which tribe was which. 

So Denise (winner) was from my hometown, and now there is another - Sarah, the cop. It worked well rooting for Denise, so I guess I am now a Sarah fan as well unless she proves to be an idiot.

#9 brAnthelAstgreenseer

brAnthelAstgreenseer

ER

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:49 AM

This is a bad twist they have added this season:

Spoiler

Edited by brAnthelAstgreenseer, 21 February 2014 - 05:49 AM.

#10 awesome possum

awesome possum

naturally

• Members
  • 10,122 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

I don't think that's a bad twist.  As it says, that's how the idol was originally used.  Terry had it on Exile Island and it didn't really benefit him much because he failed to try to use it when it mattered.  Yul had it on Cook Islands and used it as a weapon to get Penner back to his side but he could have used a regular idol just as successfully.

It can big a huge game changer or it can end up being someone's souvenir.  It depends on the person who finds it and how they use it. 

#11 Gertrude

Gertrude

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

Actual comment on the game as it's airing below, just in case anyone doesn't want to be spoiled.

Jesus - why do people chose to look for the II? If anyone is a past fan of the series, they know (or will highly suspect) there was a choice to be made. And what's stopping a tribe who chose rice (go brawn) to out that in the next challenge. Jeff gives them a chance to talk about how they are doing, so all it would take it - 'hey, that extra rice is fantastic, thanks Trish (Trish?) to spoil the game for the others. Well, I mean if they have the idol, they have it, but no one will like or trust them.

#12 Gertrude

Gertrude

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

What the fuck? My first impression was obviously that J'Tia threw away any chance she had at surviving because she THREW THE RICE IN THE FIRE. Who does that except 3 year olds and Brandon Hantz ?(but I repeat myself ...) Then again, Garret was a huge moron. I was thinking he was the boot when they focused on him a bit in the beginning whining about the conditions. I couldn't figure out how since he had the idol, but now I know. What a huge dumbass, for so many reasons. That would have been a really hard decision, but the rice is already gone (plus she's kind of the goat now, maybe) and Kass was using her head instead of her gut, so that's good, I guess.

David wasn't a bad person to target, because when you admit you're thinking 8 moves ahead, then you aren't really thinking, are you. Go ahead and think it, but don't admit it to everyone before you even begin playing.

Can't remember his name, but the cop seems like a Russell Hantz type who actually has some social skills. And isn't a complete dick. I can respect what he's got going on right now and not feel dirty about it. The spy shack was kinda awesome :lol:

#13 awesome possum

awesome possum

naturally

• Members
  • 10,122 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

Wow, what a premiere!  Exactly what were the qualifications for the Brains tribe again?  I haven't been that truly shocked by a vote in a long while.  And how do you possibly justify that, even meaning it gives you the numbers?  You're not going to have numbers long because you voted out the person who almost single-handed got you the lead in the challenge for the person who not only cost you the challenge but ensured you're going to starve for the next couple days. 

What?  I mean... what?!

This is already shaping up to be an interesting season.  The Brawn tribe has a fun storyline brewing with Team Cliff vs. Tony and Beauty seems like a soap opera-ish train wreck waiting to happen.  It's still early but there hasn't been that one group that establishes themselves as an alliance yet that you just know is going to control the rest of the game.  I don't see anything being cemented until the tribes are mixed up. 

The Brains tribe is definitely going to get Pagong'ed (or maybe the correct phrase would be Matsing'ed after the Philippines tribe) unless they have an earlyish tribe swap.  What's interesting is that Spencer was such a cocky ass in all the previews but I found myself liking him once he was actually in the game.  He appears to be the type to know when to tuck away that cockiness for later and I get the feeling he will manage to get through the next vote at least which absolutely has to be J'Tia (as I don't see her helping them in the challenge they are almost certainly going to lose).  But who knows? 

And who cares?  Survivor is back!

#14 Gertrude

Gertrude

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

And Woo is kinda hot. He looks like a samurai, I'm digging him.

#15 DivisionByZero

DivisionByZero

Landed Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

Like Kass (and AP), I'd like to see the criteria they used for the Brains tribe...  Someone had previously said that the tribes weren't actually selected for brains/beauty/brawn, they just divided them up like that after they had been chosen, and I can certainly believe that after seeing the premier.  Poor Brains tribe.

I loved how Sarah suspected that Tony was a fellow cop.  Although I was definitely thinking that he looked like a cop, just with his stance and the way he was gesturing during the initial three-tribe line-up.  He looked just like any number of police officers pulling someone over or talking to a suspect on the street or something.

A good start to the season, so far!

#16 Gertrude

Gertrude

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

I haven't been that truly shocked by a vote in a long while.  And how do you possibly justify that, even meaning it gives you the numbers?  You're not going to have numbers long because you voted out the person who almost single-handed got you the lead in the challenge for the person who not only cost you the challenge but ensured you're going to starve for the next couple days. 

Honestly, they were both bad people to have on your tribe and I think it would have been a really, really hard choice. J'Tia sucks at challenges (and the rice thing - Jesus). Garret you couldn't trust as far as you could spit and he was a controlling shit-stirrer. With J'Tia you are insulated from at least one more vote and you pray for a miracle (a win or a switch up) and if you make it you have people you trust at your back? I dunno, it was a horrible choice to begin with. Wow, I still cannot believe how quickly and how hard Garret crashed and burned. Complete moron. 

Edited by Gertrude, 26 February 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#17 Demonblade

Demonblade

Turtle Islander

• Members
  • 11,817 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

Was it explained why Garrett was listed as one of the brains, other than he being a professional poker player? How does that make one a brain, aside from possibly a higher rate of interpersonal intelligence? I'm not even sure how good of a poker player he was, as his facial expressions betrayed every emotion he had, showing tells galore (or perhaps it was choice editing), like coughing at tribal when the immunity idol was mentioned.

Mind you, the whole tribe is full of themselves, and don't have a clue how to play the game, despite what they think their purported intellect gives them.

Edited by Demonblade, 26 February 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#18 Tears of Lys

Tears of Lys

No crying, only whining

• Members
  • 13,300 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:46 PM

I'm confused as to how some players got assigned to certain teams. Some are no beauties, and some are far from brainy.

#19 Gertrude

Gertrude

• Members
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:43 AM

Did you read the pre-game stuff in this thread? They recruited, then got the idea for the tribes. They only had so much to work with and had to choose a category for some of them to fit, so yeah - not the best fits all around. I think it's kind of a crappy idea, but whatever.

Edited by Gertrude, 27 February 2014 - 12:45 AM.

#20 brAnthelAstgreenseer

brAnthelAstgreenseer

ER

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:04 AM

Shelter

Immunity

Rice

Next week i will try something more stupid and you would still be watching the show .~Ji'Tia

Reply to this topic