Why do you hate Lady Stoneheart?

jon stark I

Catelyn's reanimation isn't really comparable to a Warcraft death knight, it seems to me that she is not mentally functional all full capacity, and her body lacks any of the healing or strengthening (she looks rotted, and isn't even able to speak normally); she's more similar to a shambling ghoul that can't do much beyond collect wood and kill things, if you're determined on a Scourge analogy. We know from Donderrion that being brought back by Ryhllor leaves you with permanent damage, to both the body and mind. Beric said he could barely remember who he was by the end, and Thoros refused to bring Catelyn back himself, because she had been dead for too long. Undead Catelyn hasn't shown any cognitive ability beyond wanting to kill everyone she blames for the death of her family

I don't dislike her myself, but the rampant vindictive violence is probably why many are turned off from her

Are Pod and Hunt dead or alive? Do we know?

Either way, what she did to them is enough for me to hate her.

you contradict yourself Lord Rickard , for wasn't it you who said that "in war you kill your enemies " and i would say a squire and a knight who've fought in battle are enemies :P

Catelyn's reanimation isn't really comparable to a Warcraft death knight, it seems to me that she is not mentally functional all full capacity, and her body lacks any of the healing or strengthening (she looks rotted, and isn't even able to speak normally); she's more similar to a shambling ghoul that can't do much beyond collect wood and kill things, if you're determined on a Scourge analogy. We know from Donderrion that being brought back by Ryhllor leaves you with permanent damage, to both the body and mind. Beric said he could barely remember who he was by the end, and Thoros refused to bring Catelyn back himself, because she had been dead for too long. Undead Catelyn hasn't shown any cognitive ability beyond wanting to kill everyone she blames for the death of her family

I don't dislike her myself, but the rampant vindictive violence is probably why many are turned off from her

that's untrue , she has feelings and the reason she can't talk is because those frey bastards cut her vocal cords , she's not the same as she used to be but definitely not a "ghoul" , no one can prove that it wasn't her that started the orphanage , so i would only assume that she did , which to me says that she still has some extent of compassion m just not towards freys , lannisters or boltons and rightly so

I think that even if Catelyn somehow survived the RW, she would still behave like that. She's basically become disillusioned and vengeful because of her experiences. She wants Jaime dead, Brienne refused, and Cat's smart enough to know Brienne needs the motivation of saving Pod and Hyle.

I don't hate her. But I do find her morbidly fascinating. She actually does have the ability to talk, but she needs to have at least one hand free so that she can plug up the gash in her throat (why doesn't she just sew it shut?). I think it remains to be seen just how much of her original self and intellect is left in her gruesome exterior.

She most likely killed Podrick Payne, so that is why I can't wait for someone to kill that abomination.

i could never really get this excuse , yes he's young but he's a soldier non the less , one who's seen battle and killed men , i don't think pod himself would hesitate much if he had the chance to kill Robb

She most likely killed Podrick Payne, so that is why I can't wait for someone to kill that abomination.

Maybe Pod shouldn't have admitted about being a Lannister solider who has scored some kills on the battlefield.

I don't hate LS, but I do feel sorrow for what Catelyn has become.

Because Beric give up his life to bring her back, and he was a far more interesting character, and the BWB was better when he was alive...

Also because she wanted to kill Pod and Hyle just because Pod was Tyrion squire and Hyle a reachmen.

I did pity Cat, but to me LS is a different person, and probably my least liked one

I think LS is a brilliant character.I mean she is like Crow.The only reason people hate her is because of her undead status.For example look at Manderly he is alive and his actions(Frey Pies) are considered brilliant by most of readers(disgusting but a fitting revenge).What LS does is normal to me.She knows Pod was Imps man she knows he fought alongside Lannisters that is enough reason for her and Brienne shows up with Lannister papers and a valyrian sword prize constantly whispering Jaime in her sleep it is pretty normal for her to assume Brieene turned betrayer I mean she watched as one of Robbs most trusted bannerman kill him so nothing wrong with her being suspicius about Brienne to and nothing wrong with killing your daughters possible rapists man(as far as she knows Imp married Sansa and she knows Sansa would be forced into this).

Because Beric give up his life to bring her back, and he was a far more interesting character, and the BWB was better when he was alive...

Hardly, Beric was a weak character with little to him. Moreover, LS actually offers much fairer trials of actually looking at evidence compared to Beric's style of just slinging ridiculous accusations and then throwing a sword at the opponent for his trials

i could never really get this excuse , yes he's young but he's a soldier non the less , one who's seen battle and killed men , i don't think pod himself would hesitate much if he had the chance to kill Robb

I never said it was wrong for LS to kill Pod.

I think LS is a brilliant character.I mean she is like Crow.The only reason people hate her is because of her undead status.For example look at Manderly he is alive and his actions(Frey Pies) are considered brilliant by most of readers(disgusting but a fitting revenge).What LS does is normal to me.She knows Pod was Imps man she knows he fought alongside Lannisters that is enough reason for her and Brienne shows up with Lannister papers and a valyrian sword prize constantly whispering Jaime in her sleep it is pretty normal for her to assume Brieene turned betrayer I mean she watched as one of Robbs most trusted bannerman kill him so nothing wrong with her being suspicius about Brienne to and nothing wrong with killing your daughters possible rapists man(as far as she knows Imp married Sansa and she knows Sansa would be forced into this).

people do like appearances :dunno:

i wouldn't say roose is one of robb's "most trusted bannermen" i would say robb mistrusted him or had a gut feeling about him but never expected roose to be...well, roose

pod is a sweed kid but he fought against them and that makes him fair game and bre is pinned as a traitor in the most condemning way and to be honest what court would decide bre innocent with such overwhelming condemning evidence ? LS gave her a fair trial and gave her the chance to explain , yet all she could come up with is jamie is good now and he's changed which doesn't weigh much against "jamie lannister sends his regards"

Pods a good kid, even a blind man could see it and never did any harm to the Starks. He only fought against Stannis and killed a member of the kingsguard

Archived