The Hateful Eight- Tarantino's New Movie

AndyBaelish

We'll never get another Kill Bill. QT has said at one point or another that he was going to make a sequel/prequel of pretty much every movie he makes (aside from Death Proof and Jackie Brown, to my knowledge). The Vega brothers prequel, the Kill Bill sequel, the Inglourious Basterds prequel, etc. I'm not sure if he just likes trolling people, or if he genuinely wants to do these projects but then gets wrapped up with something else, but it has definitely become a pattern.

We'll never get another Kill Bill. QT has said at one point or another that he was going to make a sequel/prequel of pretty much every movie he makes (aside from Death Proof and Jackie Brown, to my knowledge). The Vega brothers prequel, the Kill Bill sequel, the Inglourious Basterds prequel, etc. I'm not sure if he just likes trolling people, or if he genuinely wants to do these projects but then gets wrapped up with something else, but it has definitely become a pattern.

What's crazy is that he goes as far as to make up an entire backstory and a plausible plotline that even makes sense when you see his movies. I'd even heard about the Vega Brothers thing. I think he gets really excited about his stories and is genuinely a big fan of his own movies which I can't always say about all directors/writers. But then he has another idea pop up in his head and he has to see the newer idea out. One thing is certain that he could possibly do them all if he were to commit less effort into any one of his projects but I'll say this for him, he won't make anything that he doesn't put 100% effort into.

• 2 weeks later...

I read this morning the project is dead. Tarrantino is pissed that one of the people he gave the script to has leaked it and now it's all over Hollywood. He seems more pissed at the betrayal than it going online. Maybe he'll calm down and change his mind but he seemed pretty serious about it from the quotes.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/22/quentin-tarantino-shelves-his-western-the-hateful-eight-because-its-script-has-lekaed/

EDIT: Should have read more than the last two posts.

Archived