Season 4 Trailer discussion

Ser Hugh BuckweII

Why does Theon still look like Theon?!!

By the looks of the trailer Theon is carrying a white banner and riding in to deepwood motte as in ADWD. So his story has be skipped forward. But he doesnt look much worse off than he did in season 3. By this point in the books he had grey thinning hair, was a skinny as a rake and missing several fingers and toes. I really dont think theons character development works without this look.

The only possible scenario that I would be happy with in this instance is if maybe in the show Ramsey has made Theon believe the worst is over and theon is his man now. Only to be thrown in the dungeons after he unwittingly (or knowingly) betrays the ironborn and is left there until season 5 when we see him as the reek described in ADWD.

Other than that the trailer looked amazing!!

it seems daario is going to be dannys champion :stillsick:

not barristan selmy :frown5: :frown5: :frown5:

I feel like, if they didn't make Daario the champion people would just consider him to be some sleazy d-bag guy.

STANNIS! STANNIS!

Now that that's out of the way I was thinking of the two armies meeting eachother on a field.

It looked like both were using bolton flags, do you think it's Roose meeting Ramsay? It would make sense if it's Theon carrying the white flag.

Also: Red viper looks exactly like I imagined him :D

Posted this in the news thread already, but I thought it fits in here as well.

My frame by frame analysation of the trailer, containing spoilers, obviously:

-Dragon flying over KL (seriously, wtf is up with that????????)

-Unidentifyed male person saying: "The people love their king"

-PW feast and Joff saying: "They know I saved the city. They know I won the war" to Jaime

-shot of Joff and Jaime talking

-Crow eating dead body

-Guy riding on horse with white flage through the aftermath of a battle (Theon at Moat Cailin most likely)

-shot of Dany, Jorah, Barristan and Missandei

-dude charging on horse (duel in front of Meereen)

-Joff and Jaime again, Jaime saying: "The war is not won."

-Woman walking down into a tunnel/cellar (either Sansa at the Eyrie or a scene from Meereen, to small to be sure)

-a couple of guys walking underground (has to be Meereen)

-Mellisandre burning people, as usual

-Jorah saying: "It's tempting to see your enemies as evil."

-shot of Tyrion

-Ramsay and Roose meeting on a field (look at the banners, both armies ar carrying Bolton banners)

-Jorah saying: "But there is good and evil on both sides in every war ever fought."

-Davos and Stannis on what appears to be a ship

-Jorah talking to Dany

-Nobleman in Meereen getting charged by a bunch of slaves.

-Dany on her bench with Jorah, Barristan and Missandei next to her. The guy kneeling in front is Hizdar I would presume.

-Dany and Jorah, with Dany saying: "They have a choice. They can live in my new world or they can die in theirr old one." (going a bit crazy, finally :cool4: )

-shot of Cersei

-shot of Tywin

-Jaime getting Oathkeeper (looks really nice)

-Tyrion's trial

-Tyrion in his cell saying: "Things are a bit tense right now. I don't think I'm talking my way out of this one."

-shot of Oberyn and Varys in the throneroom

-guy getting his throat slashed followed by a small battle (possibly the band of Wildlings south of the wall??)

-shot of Ygritte with her bow

-Jon Snow saying: "If the wildlings breach the wall, they will over everything and everyone."

-NW riding through the tunnel at CB

-Jon giving a speech to the NW

-A giant (Mag the Mighty) charging through the tunnel under the wall

-Yara on a small boat, paddling up a river

-LF saying: "Given the opportunity, what do we do to those, who hurt the ones we love."

-Jaime getting his golden hand

-Cersei crying

-Rast sacrificing a baby (What's uup with that? I've got a bad feeling about this)

-Arya with Needle

-Lf talking to someone saying: "I want to know which side you're on."

-Bran and Hodor in front of a WW

-Bolton host riding into Dreadfort or WF, not sure which but I would guess Dreadfort

-Oberyn talking to Tyrion: "Tell you're father I'm here. And tell him the Lannisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts."

-shot of Oberyn alone holding his hand over a candle

-shot of Tyrion with curtains flying around

-Oberyn vs Mountain

-Joff and Marg at their wedding in Baelor's Sept

-Cersei talking to Tywin: "You will fight over him like beasts until you tear him apart. I will burn our house to the ground before I let that happen."

-shot of Tywin

-Jaime closing the Whitebook

-Jaime and Cersei in, what appears to be a love scene

-Ser Alliser giving a speech to the NW: "Brothers! Tonight we fight!"

-Tormund's Wildlings charging

-NW with Jon Snow charging at what looks like Crasters

-shot of the PW feast

-Mellisandre saying: "There is only one hell. The one we live in now."

-Dany and Missandei

-Theon riding in armor (He doesn't look to reekyfied :/ )

-a guy kneeling in KL (look at the Goldcloaks behind!!!!!)

-The Mountain slashing down on someone (possibly the guy from above???)

-Mellisandre talking to a woman, either Yara or Shireen

-Ramsay having fun with the whore he uused to torture Theon

-Sansa at the Eyrie

-Arya and the Hound at the Inn

-shot of Jon

-shot of Dany

-Jon stabbing someone

-Tyrion in the dungeons saying: "If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place."

-STANNIS!!!!! STANNIS!!!!! STANNIS!!!!!!!

Aaaand that's it.

The male voice in the beginning is apparently Meryn Trant, the voice is pretty much identical.

As for the dragon shadow over KL, there are two possibilities:

1. The shadow was added just to the trailer for dramatic effect to create hype

2. This occurs in a dream sequence for someone.

The first seems more likely. The only remaining thing that confuses me is Rast and his sacrifice. Clearly, D&D are going to make use of the Crasters set as much as they can.

The dragon shadow, hmmm. Honestly have no idea what thats about, but they definitely need to work on it (anyone else think KL looked almost cartoonish in thay shot?) I actually thought it was Sam with Gilly's baby at first, but I see its Rast now (whoever said they need a reread, that isnt in the book). I was thinking the man being rushed in Meereen could be someone attacked by the Sons of the Harpy?

I feel like, if they didn't make Daario the champion people would just consider him to be some sleazy d-bag guy.

Like people who read the books already don't? LOL

Super disappointed with the trailer, I had been looking forward to it all week. I was going to upgrade to HBO for the new season but I think I will hold off for now.

I have a suspicion that Theon will not be physically turning into the Reek we have all read about. It may be confusing for casual watchers and it's definitely not attractive. After the whole debacle over the prostitute from the first two seasons, it seems like sex appeal accounts for about 40% of the entire reason for the show. Guess you can tell I am not a fan of D&D.

At 1:43 we see wildlings attacking northmen, but I noticed the camera is actually following a boy running in the background, and then we see the same boy in the next shot next to Jon when he says "If the wiildlings breach the wall theyll roll over everything and everyone"(or something like that)

Any idea who he is?

Theon with banner... Moat Cailin, I'd presume?

The Viper doesn't look like I'd hoped... but something tells me the ladies will like the interpretation ;).

Well, this lady fucking hates it, for what its worth. ;P The casting was fine, but it'd be really nice if they sometimes tried just a little bit to pay attention to how a character is described. Stupid bloody mustache and beard and short bloody hair. Looks generic.

And the glimpse of the fight scene makes me want to throw things at the TV (well, computer screen).

Archived