GoT Actors in Other Stuff - Part 2

Stubby

Dolorous Ed in Nativity!

Ha I started watching that but switched on some episodes of Clocking Off that I'd recorded in the last week and he's in that as well!

Robert Pugh featured in an episode I was watching earlier on; he's playing a middle aged father of two who goes for a vasectomy only to find out he's been infertile all his life. Craster never had that problem :uhoh:

I was just flicking through the channels and happened to see Gregor Clegane (aka some Icelandic bloke) in World's Strongest Man. It even went a bit GOT at the end when he won the event, then ripped his shirt to pieces before shouting "I am king of the stones!"

Edited by northernmonkey

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of GoT cast are in the BBC series "Wolf Hall" which starts this month:

Thomas Brodie-Sangster

David Bradley

Mark Gatiss

Jonathan Pryce

Anton Lesser

Enzo Cilenti

Kerry Ingram

Jamie Darlington

I don't know who the last guy is but he's listed on IMDB as being in season 5!

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but Jason Momoa is going to be playing Aquaman in the upcoming DC movie.

It's rumoured. He won't say for sure wether he will be playing the character.

Emilia in 'Terminator Genesis' (Getting excited to see her play someone besides Dany)

Charles Dance in 'The Imitation Game' (Looks like it will be a good movie.)

Who can forget Rory in 'Hot Fuzz'...

It's rumoured. He won't say for sure wether he will be playing the character.

Emilia in 'Terminator Genesis' (Getting excited to see her play someone besides Dany)

Charles Dance in 'The Imitation Game' (Looks like it will be a good movie.)

Who can forget Rory in 'Hot Fuzz'...

No, it's official. He's already filmed his scenes.

Edited by Ingelheim

Just saw The Imitation Game yesterday. Great movie, and just so happened to feature a certain patriarch of a certain powerful house in a supporting role.

I just hope they'll be showing it over here in the original version, I'm really looking forward to it.

Aidan Gillan was in Calvary.

Is Calvary any good? I'm a huge fan of the McDonaghs, though as much as I like In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths, The Guard might be my favorite of all of them. Another movie with Brendan Gleeson starring and John Michael behind the camera was almost good enough to tempt me to use a BestBuy giftcard to buy it...but I'd still at least like to have a recommendation because I'm a cheap bastard.

Is Calvary any good? I'm a huge fan of the McDonaghs, though as much as I like In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths, The Guard might be my favorite of all of them. Another movie with Brendan Gleeson starring and John Michael behind the camera was almost good enough to tempt me to use a BestBuy giftcard to buy it...but I'd still at least like to have a recommendation because I'm a cheap bastard.

It is my second favourite film of 2014 so far (the first being Whiplash). Brendan Gleeson and really every other member in the cast is brilliant in it. Ireland looks beatiful, the film looks a lot more expenisve than you would think given the low budget. The drama is intense, but at the same time their is this great vein of dark humour running through the story.

If you have any affinity with Ireland or the Catholic Church, the movie gets even better. Not to say that this movie has an overly religious message of course. Atheïsts and believers alike should love this film. Calvary does use a lot of symbolism related to the Passion. You can watch Calvary without that knowledge and it would still be great, but you'll get even more out of it if you're remotely familiar with it.

It seems that in the new Cinderella movie with Richard Madden, Cinderella and the Prince are going to met before the bal without him revealing his identity and going with the fake name: ................. Kit. :rofl: It's been ten minutes that i read that and I can't stop gigling !

It is my second favourite film of 2014 so far (the first being Whiplash). Brendan Gleeson and really every other member in the cast is brilliant in it. Ireland looks beatiful, the film looks a lot more expenisve than you would think given the low budget. The drama is intense, but at the same time their is this great vein of dark humour running through the story.

If you have any affinity with Ireland or the Catholic Church, the movie gets even better. Not to say that this movie has an overly religious message of course. Atheïsts and believers alike should love this film. Calvary does use a lot of symbolism related to the Passion. You can watch Calvary without that knowledge and it would still be great, but you'll get even more out of it if you're remotely familiar with it.

Whiplash I really want to see too, being that I studied jazz guitar in college, albeit in a significantly less competitive program and without an abusive teacher, though I have heard many horror stories about people who study in more competitive music school type places. But that's neither here nor there.

And, drama mixed with dark humor is exactly why I love McDonagh movies. And I definitely have an affinity with Ireland (I'm Irish American, though I've never been there unfortunately). The Catholic Church...my family is Catholic, I personally consider myself more of a Pantheist, but nonetheless, I'm quite aware of the cultural implications of that. So its nice to know I'll have even more to appreciate knowing that.