Shameless (U.S.) - Season 5

KiDisaster

Does anyone else wonder what is going on with Lip and his ability to freeze time? Did he get super powers in between seasons, or is he just going crazy?

Maybe Shameless is actually a prequel to Heroes and Lip is the old-guy time-traveler from the carnival.

It is kinda strange though with Lip. As for Debbie's boyfriend, he is creepy as Hell.

I don't get the action with Samantha. First, how would Frank know where to find her and what was her blood type, but that's a minor issue. But does he really think that during the procedure leading to a surgery she won't realise who he really was?

• 2 weeks later...

There was a medium amount of expletives shouted in my house last night in the last ten minutes after Fiona's celebrations went pear-shaped.

Did anyone else think that

Samantha looks as if she is going to do a runner with the money from Frank's broken leg settlement? And somehow Fiona will be convinvec/coerced into donating part of her liver for Frank?

Really, you just left it out and didn't keep an eye on the three year old?

I thought Fiona had more sense than that. Also I guess Ian is an addict of some sort now, good to see him back in the show at least.

There was a medium amount of expletives shouted in my house last night in the last ten minutes after Fiona's celebrations went pear-shaped.

Did anyone else think that

Samantha looks as if she is going to do a runner with the money from Frank's broken leg settlement? And somehow Fiona will be convinvec/coerced into donating part of her liver for Frank?

I think that's a pretty strong possibility, yeah.

are they going to try and write a way for her not to go to prison?

There are chapter summaries (very brief, very general) on Wikipedia for most of the rest of Season 4. You can find out some hints there.

Would anybody address the [mini] elephant in the room - what's with Ian? Is he on drugs? Is he brainwashed? He was definitely not alright in the scene in the bar.

Yeah he was high as shit in the bar. Lip knew it. Not sure exactly what he's on, coke or MDMA maybe.

• 1 month later...

This is one of the best shows on TV, in my humble opinion. Deserves way more critical acclaim and viewership (though I think it does alright in the ratings).

This season has been really good and it consistently brings me to tears. The stuff with Mickey and Ian last night was incredible, I was rooting for them so much. Noel Fisher is very talented.

Does anyone else wonder what is going on with Lip and his ability to freeze time? Did he get super powers in between seasons, or is he just going crazy?

It's a flash mob where everybody stops for a few seconds at a specific time. Threw me for a loop the first time.

Would anybody address the [mini] elephant in the room - what's with Ian? Is he on drugs? Is he brainwashed? He was definitely not alright in the scene in the bar.

Based on his reaction to Mandy's refusing to leave her abusive boyfriend, it looks to me like some sort of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, from something that happened to him in the army.....? Merest guess though.

Based on his reaction to Mandy's refusing to leave her abusive boyfriend, it looks to me like some sort of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, from something that happened to him in the army.....? Merest guess though.

It's possible Ian is bipolar, like his mother.

Last night's episode was one of the best yet. Mickey's coming out was perfect, as was the bar fight. This season has been amazing.

If I have problem with this season its the way Fiona was treated. No one in hell the daughter of someone like Frank would be that stupid. The rest of it isn't bad it just feels like 20 pounds of shit where ten should

Lip-Trying to hold the family together and go to college

Ian/Micky

Debbie (seriously WTF?)

Carl and his girlfriend doing their Bonnie and Clyde impression (that is going to end badly)

Frank has sort of taken a back seat this season mainly because he is to ill to do much beyond lay in bed.

So proud of Mickey after the last episode. Can't wait for the finale next week. Ian seemed a lot more 'Normal Ian' in this episode that he has been since he was reintroduced. I wonder what's up with him. You might be on to something with bipolar Mr. Bell.

If I have problem with this season its the way Fiona was treated. No one in hell the daughter of someone like Frank would be that stupid.

I'm with you on that. That's the only thing I didn't like about this season, she's too smart to have done the shit she did. Otherwise it's been fantastic.

Also agree about Fiona. Her behavior this season was way out of character. However I will say the payoff was great. Everything was going so wrong for her, her siblings were treating her like dirt, she's spiraling out of control and messing up a great opportunity. But the moment that Lip picks her up in the gas station was, for me, one of the most powerful moments in the series. Just one look said "everything's gonna be ok".

I'm still buzzing from this week too. Extremely proud of Mickey. Another cathartic moment, his coming out was so epic and he completely owned it - I loved the shouting match with his father on the hood of the police cars.

Anyway, I saw that Showtime has moved into the comedy category for Emmy consideration. I really hope that this will finally get the show and its cast the recognition it deserves. It is criminally overlooked. I'm pulling for Emmy Rossum and Noel Fisher big time this year as they have both been fantastic.

http://www.thewrap.com/shameless-switching-emmy-comedy-categories/

Archived