On the Set of Season 4

Westeros

^Someone either here or on wicnet suggested that he might say "She's been fucking Lancel and [person #2] and probably Podrick for all I know." That would be a good way to utilize last year's TriPod scene and a way around having to acquaint the viewers with Moonboy just so one line works.

As for who else she'll actually sleep with, who knows. People have suggested Bronn or Meryn Trant but I can't see show Cersei sleeping with either. Show Cersei isn't really as sexual as her book counterpart, other than her bringing Lancel to her bed in Jaime's absence. I'm sure they'll come up with something. Maybe TV Oberyn WOULD be willing to sleep with her (despite his book protestations) to work against her somehow. The two actors seem to have hit it off (they're all over each others respective twitters and instagrams) so maybe they got closer after filming something in particular...

We are getting at least on scene in the White Sword Tower, so I expect they might introduce/reintroduce us to all the KG. So the Kettleblacks could be cast and we just don't know (they don't need top, casting news worthy actors for their roles).

Thanks for answering my query, I agree that Meryn is definitely not do-able material for Cersei, and I'd rather Oberyn any day. But it would be good to get one (amalgamated) Kettleblack who can later also try and seduce Marg and be tortured by the septon.

Maybe. I wish I could make out what it says in red on the bottom. It might just be a character poster and not the main poster for the season.

It says "you win or you die". I know that because it's a season 1 character poster. http://www.posterplanet.net/tv/images/tv-game-of-thrones-watcher-on-wall-poster-PYRpas0270.jpg

These interviews were done (early) in the filming process or even during pre-production. Posters are usually finalised much later.

God I would have loved to work on set...even if it was just to bring everybody water, tea...arbor gold. Whatever. Or help Dany get into and out of costume (jk, but not really).

But the sets and the costumes/characters look amazing. It would be cool to see the setup and process.

Will Davos take Justin Massey's role?but how will he go to recruit sellswords, then go to white harbor and then go on Rickon quest.

Having Davos go fly solo seems like a bad idea. We don't get inner dialogue like the books.

so of those things you talk about aren't going to add up.

Rex died with the Ironborne his name was just a shot out, like edric still born baby jar baratheon.

The Red Keep's Great Hall is supposed to be way bigger than it is on the show. There was room enough for a multitude of dragon heads to hang along the walls on either side. I never imagined Dany's throne room that size when I read the books. I, myself, imagined it more-or-less as it's shown in the trailer except with ebony furniture, ivory pillars, and dark blue walls devoid of windows. I think it would take away from the significance of the Iron Throne if Dany were to already have one more grandiose in some far-off land.

My take from the books is, yes the Red Keep's Great Hall is supposed to be bigger than that (tho on the show that seems to be a big set!)... still my impression from the books was that Dany commandeered a throne room bigger than the Red Keep's Great Hall... something bigger than was ever even on the ancient Roman Palatine(tho that was a humongous set of interlaced palaces)...something Cecil B. DeMille would of had in the 1956 Ten Commandments.

When Stannis goes to Braavos in Season 4, the Iron Bank will probably refuse to give him a loan since he appears to be destined to lose the war. Why would they fund someone who doesn't stand a chance at repaying them? The point of this scene is probably just to introduce Tycho Nestoris and the importance of the IB. Then when Cersei "snubs" them, they'll send Tycho to find Stannis again in Season 5 while he's stationed near Winterfell to strike a deal concerning the Iron Throne's debt to them, just like in ADWD.

You could probably say the same of Stannis' position at the Wall, couldn't you? Compared to the apparent strength of the Iron Throne he was all but done.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems weird to have Stannis go to Tycho, get refused, then have Tycho go to Cersei, get refused, then have Tycho go to Stannis. The show's already cutting quite a bit and that'll only increase with the latest books, so adding more interactions that ultimately don't lead anywhere seems self-defeating.

I'd predict Stannis doing stuff on Dragonstone at roughly the same time as Tycho getting refused in King's Landing. Then the two meet, hash out a deal, and Stannis goes north with their support. It might even make sense to have Stannis utilizing greater resources at the Wall given the trailer makes out the wildlings to be a massive threat to the entirety of Westeros, and Stannis right now seems to be almost entirely defeated to viewers.

If Davos and Stannis go to Braavos this season, that also at least raises the chances that Arya will get there this season: after all, one of the arguments against her going there was the assumption that they wouldn't want to build a new city set just for her. I was kind of assuming that she'd spend most of this season with the Hound, but maybe not.

I think, as has been grape-vined, that S4E10 will have Arya meeting the captain at the Saltpans... and that's that.

But , if that is board room of the IB of Braavos, I am surprised, there are two Iron Bankers at the table, is one of them Noho Dimittis? Guess we will find out who was cast in that role.

I have the suspicion that Braavos will be added to the opening credit sequence.

Also is that on the wall , what?, sigil of the Iron Bank? Banks don't have sigils, so maybe that's it's a logo!

I'd predict Stannis doing stuff on Dragonstone at roughly the same time as Tycho getting refused in King's Landing. Then the two meet, hash out a deal, and Stannis goes north with their support. It might even make sense to have Stannis utilizing greater resources at the Wall given the trailer makes out the wildlings to be a massive threat to the entirety of Westeros, and Stannis right now seems to be almost entirely defeated to viewers.

The problem with this is that Tywin wouldn't refuse Tycho. Cersei's refusal is another demonstration of her inability to rule and her lack of perception of reality. Actually, Cersei's AFFC chapters show her believing herself another Tywin, but proving with every decision that she's not.

I'd prefer that the Iron Bank initially refuses to lean money to Stannis (and for this, Sallador abandons him). And next season, when Cersei stops paying ot the Iron Bank, Tycho returns and finances Stannis expedition to retake the North.

The problem with this is that Tywin wouldn't refuse Tycho. Cersei's refusal is another demonstration of her inability to rule and her lack of perception of reality. Actually, Cersei's AFFC chapters show her believing herself another Tywin, but proving with every decision that she's not.

I'd prefer that the Iron Bank initially refuses to lean money to Stannis (and for this, Sallador abandons him). And next season, when Cersei stops paying ot the Iron Bank, Tycho returns and finances Stannis expedition to retake the North.

^this. As long as Tywin is alive, the Lannister won't refuse to pay the Iron Bank, not even Cersei is THAT stupid to go against her father.

Having the Iron Bank refuse to finance Stannis's war effort will also give the impresion that Stannis is finally out of the war, making his appearance at the Wall more surprising and more heroic, since he will try to save the realm against all odds

Having the Iron Bank refuse to finance Stannis's war effort will also give the impresion that Stannis is finally out of the war, making his appearance at the Wall more surprising and more heroic, since he will try to save the realm against all odds

They've already spoilt the twist of Stannis coming to save the realm. One of the biggest mistake on the show yet.

The Bravoos scene looks like it has a lot of potential though!

I can't see Tywin dying before the season is almost completed though. Unless Tyrion has some Essos/boat material after he's offed Tywin, which I guess would be possible, he doesn't have anything left to do in the season and they can't shelve Peter Dinklage for very long.

I think Salla has already abandoned Stannis, too. His interaction with Davos at the start of S3 seemed like he was bailing because Stannis was burning up 'servants of darkness'.

When Stannis goes to Braavos in Season 4, the Iron Bank will probably refuse to give him a loan since he appears to be destined to lose the war. Why would they fund someone who doesn't stand a chance at repaying them? The point of this scene is probably just to introduce Tycho Nestoris and the importance of the IB. Then when Cersei "snubs" them, they'll send Tycho to find Stannis again in Season 5 while he's stationed near Winterfell to strike a deal concerning the Iron Throne's debt to them, just like in ADWD.

It's all a bit odd too, because I too expected the Cersei snub of the IB first... and maybe the show will do it that way.

The way the show has 'arranged' KL right now, it would be more logical for Tywin to snub the IB.

Tho remember in the books it is made clear that the IB always gets it's way, mysteriously princes fall... which is why I always thought the FM and IB were in cahoots.

They've already spoilt the twist of Stannis coming to save the realm. One of the biggest mistake on the show yet.

The Bravoos scene looks like it has a lot of potential though!

I know, and I agree it was one of the biggest mistakes in the show. What I'm saying is that if Stannis go to Braavos to ask for help on his mission, being refused and told he can't win, but he still goes to the Wall anyways, it will boost Stannis heroicness. And let's face it, TV Stannis needs a lot of help after his horrible season 3 adaptation

Archived