Small Questions v 10022

Stubby

Does it seem as if Varys was part of sending Barristan to Dany for her queensguard?

That seems to be the most widely held opinion in this forum. Varys suggested scapegoating Barristan to Joffrey. But did Varys foresee that Barristan would seek out Dany? Note that Barristan talks about Illyrio as an ally but he regards Varys with contempt. Also consider that Barristan slew the last known Blackfyre.

Does RW happen if Jaime was still a prisoner?

Many people feel that the Kingslayer had little to no value as a hostage while he was at Riverrun. I tend to disagree. My question is, if Cat had not freed the Kingslayer would the Red Wedding still have went ahead and if it did, would Ser Brynden still be in a good position having the Kingslayer as a bargaining tool?

"What if" questions are hard to answer. No one really knows. Lord Tywin had not shown much tendency to be cowed by his enemies holding hostages... but Jaime was special.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/The_Kingslayers_Value_as_a_Hostage

Will we ever get to Sothoros or the Night Lands or Assahai?

And do you think we will ever find out what caused the Doom of Valariya?

[Will POVs see any of the places to the east like Yi Ti, Asshai, etc.?]

Some, perhaps. I do not subscribe to the theory put forth in THE ROUGH GUIDE TO FANTASYLAND (a swell book, by the way) that eventually the characters must visit every place shown on The Map.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Future_meetings_POVs_Aryas_role_Eastern_lands_and_Assassins

[Will we see Asshai?]

Only in flasback and memory, if at all.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/2997

I personally don't think we'll find out what caused The Doom unless it somehow has some bearing on the plot. It's unlikely any human characters are going to suddenly figure it out, but with Children of the Forest still around who knows.

Will we ever get to Sothoros or the Night Lands or Assahai?

And do you think we will ever find out what caused the Doom of Valariya?

1. We will never get to Sothoros. We will only see Asshai in flashback, presumably Melisandre or maybe Quaithe and/or Marwyn talking to Daenerys. 2. We will only learn what caused the Doom if it's central to the plot. Presumably it was just a supervolcano eruption.

1. We will never get to Sothoros. We will only see Asshai in flashback, presumably Melisandre or maybe Quaithe and/or Marwyn talking to Daenerys. 2. We will only learn what caused the Doom if it's central to the plot. Presumably it was just a supervolcano eruption.

Always leave them wanting more. If George answered every question we have it would take another 10 books. :)

Always leave them wanting more. If George answered every question we have it would take another 10 books. :)

I'd love to see another 10 books. Too bad The George likely has only another 13 years left to write whatever he's gonna write.

I'd love to see another 10 books. Too bad The George likely has only another 13 years left to write whatever he's gonna write.

I'll be happy just to see the last two novels and the rest of the D&Es(I gotta know what happens to those two)

Does it seem as if Varys was part of sending Barristan to Dany for her queensguard?

That seems to be the most widely held opinion in this forum. Varys suggested scapegoating Barristan to Joffrey. But did Varys foresee that Barristan would seek out Dany? Note that Barristan talks about Illyrio as an ally but he regards Varys with contempt. Also consider that Barristan slew the last known Blackfyre.

Varys indeed suggested Barristan to be kicked off the KG, ad Barristan did meet Illyrio, who provided him with passage to Daenerys. Since Varys and Illyrio are working closely together, I guess it is fair to assume that Varys played a big part in getting Barristan to Daenerys indeed, though I doubt that Barristan is actually aware of the fact that it was Varys who was involved, or that Varys and Illyrio work together.

Specifically sending Barristan for the Queensguard? No, Barristan and Strong Belwas were supposed to bring Dany back to Pentos. I guess they were send more to protect her in a non-specific way, not necessarily as a QG knight.

Okay, who are the children Aerys murdered? From Ned in GoT:

“Whereas Daenerys is a fourteen-year-old girl.” Ned knew he was pushing this well past the
point of wisdom, yet he could not keep silent. “Robert, I ask you, what did we rise against Aerys
Targaryen for, if not to put an end to the murder of children?
Brandon was twenty years old when Aerys had him killed wasn't he? Or am I forgetting somebody?

Okay, who are the children Aerys murdered? From Ned in GoT:

Brandon was twenty years old when Aerys had him killed wasn't he? Or am I forgetting somebody?

Lyanna?

If not, I wouldn't know. Perhaps Ned means more something along the line of "to put an end to the murder of innocents?" and because it's about innocent 14 year old Daenerys, he says "children" instead of "innocents"?

Lyanna?

If not, I wouldn't know. Perhaps Ned means more something along the line of "to put an end to the murder of innocents?" and because it's about innocent 14 year old Daenerys, he says "children" instead of "innocents"?

Just seems like a strange choice of words considering the children didn't start getting murdered till after Aerys was dead, unless he meant the ones who were in Brandon's party that went to KL, but they weren't exactly children. Lyanna didn't die until after Robert had taken KL.

Just seems like a strange choice of words considering the children didn't start getting murdered till after Aerys was dead, unless he meant the ones who were in Brandon's party that went to KL, but they weren't exactly children. Lyanna didn't die until after Robert had taken KL.

The Darklyns and the Hollards? There were bound to be some children when they were extinguished.

During the wedding of Alys Karstark with Sigorn, Jon noticed this:

Septon Chayle had emerged briefly from the sept, fingering the seven-sided crystal on the thong about his neck, only to retreat inside again once the prayers began.

This is an error right? Because Septon Chayle was the septon in Winterfell and killed by the ironborn (officially). It should be Septon Cellador of CB (the drunk septon).

During the wedding of Alys Karstark with Sigorn, Jon noticed this:

Septon Chayle had emerged briefly from the sept, fingering the seven-sided crystal on the thong about his neck, only to retreat inside again once the prayers began.

This is an error right? Because Septon Chayle was the septon in Winterfell and killed by the ironborn (officially). It should be Septon Cellador of CB (the drunk septon).

I guess that is a little mistake :) Chayle was dead at this point, and before he indeed had been at Winterfell, not CB. Good catch!

Archived